Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871
Default Re: Can Haye beat Klitschko?

Yes I think he can it will be a terrific fight. especially after the borefest klitchko was in last time. I believe their could be a upset because haye as the speed and power to cause all the top heavyweights fits.
john b is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #17
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Vlad will knock Haye out easily, no contest.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

You would of said the same about sanders or brewster as well though farm and we all know what happened there. Wlad will fight scared against a banger like haye, who has the speed and power to beat him. Not that i think he will, but it isnt a walk in the park.

Either man can win
fidds is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #19
Finn73
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just 3 words: Talk is cheap

No way the haymaker can beat Wlad Klitschko. Perhaps in 5 or 6 years, but not at the moment. Wlad in 4. And by the way - Vitali will also come back and if Haye would've a fight against him...game over in 3.
Finn73 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 AM   #20
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

I recently saw Haye's fight against Mock and let me tell you, his punch resistance doesnt look too good. This guy has been seriously hurt against former SMWs and u got people saying he's gonna walk right through wlad.

He's been put down or hurt by guys like Mock, Thompson, Fragomeni, and Mormeck. Seems difficult to excuse every instance. Wlad has been put down but by legit HEAVYWEIGHTS. Neither has very good punch resistance but Wlad has at least taken big power shots from massive hws.

HAYE-MOCK
BORKED

i'll buy his punch resistance can improve with the weight but he's gonna have a shaky chin at hw no matter what. I really don't think he can take more than a couple of wlad's straight right hands. Now Haye, has excellent power and speed himself but can he effectively deliver on Kiltschko?

I dont think so and here's why. Haye fights very low. Even now, he leans forward almost sticking his face out and keeps his left hand by his waist most of the time. He has a decent jab but seems to like to lead with power shots. On the otherhand, Wlad fights very tall behind a shotgun jab and utilizes lots of foot movement. Haye is in the far more vulnerable position.

Can Haye make this up with his handspeed. Possibly but consider Wlad's for a second. His handspeed is excellent for a HW. Just look at the tape. His jab, right-cross has got to be one of the fastest deliveries in the higher weights.

When people say it's a matter of who lands first, i agree. But it will be Wlad who will land first for the above mentioned reasons. Haye's only chance imo is to land something big in the first couple of rounds. After that, it turns into a boxing contest and he will get lit up. I would like to here Haye's suppoters respond especially about his punch susceptibility due to his stance....

HANDSPEED
BORKED
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #21
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn73
Just 3 words: Talk is cheap

No way the haymaker can beat Wlad Klitschko. Perhaps in 5 or 6 years, but not at the moment. Wlad in 4. And by the way - Vitali will also come back and if Haye would've a fight against him...game over in 3.
vitali hasn't fought in what, 4 years?

what the **** makes you think he can just come back and start knocking people over again? that is of course providing he isn't KO'd by his training camp again.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #22
southpawslick
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haye hasn't even fought the best at Cruiserweight, what would make anyone think he can just step up and beat any top level HW much less Wlad?
southpawslick is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #23
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

well, whom else shall he beat at CW? vs. steve cunningham could be an interesting fight
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #24
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

its a fight where who lands first. Haye got speed and power to hurt klitscho, and klitscho as we know has a glass chin, haye could also lose by KO on the other hand.
CJLightweight is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

That's the first time I've seen Haye vs. Mock and Haye looked terrible. Practically no defense whatsover. He was falling all over the place

Haye's only chance vs. Klitschko is ifhe brings a friend or 2
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #26
Minto
The Beast
ESB Full Member

I think that Haye would get koŽd by wlad. Haye is always exposed to get hit.
Minto is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #27
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Haye does not need the number 1 HW to be KOed. He is not a Superman ala prime Roy Jones, he will have to eat punches and I don't think he has the chin for that at HW.
He was floored by Mock, stopped by the cat, floored by a "0 stamina" version of Mormeck... The Mormeck fight is a good indication, it's an excellent victory but Haye was unable to dominate on skills : in the end he proved he had better power/condition/will but before that he was dominated and close of being KOed in the 4th... I don't imagine guys like RJJ, Toney, Klitschko etc. having problems in their primes against a faded Mormeck. Haye has still MUCH to prove. Perhaps he will be ready in a couple of years but he should build his career step by step at HW.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #28
Minto
The Beast
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Perhaps he will be ready in a couple of years but he should build his career step by step at HW.

Thats correct. Haye should make 5-7 Fight until he goes for a belt. He should get used to his new weight and to the power of HW punches.
Holyfield also made some tune up fights.
Minto is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 AM   #29
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad will put Haye into the hospital or morgue.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #30
LB3000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawslick
Haye hasn't even fought the best at Cruiserweight, what would make anyone think he can just step up and beat any top level HW much less Wlad?
LB3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum