Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622
Default dont want to take the gloss off.

but braithwaite is shot.
he aint looking anything of his old self.

fair play to macca though, quick hands, decent skills
stuey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: dont want to take the gloss off.

I was afraid of this. If Braitwaite was at his best, the would be a whole different fight.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

****** knows that Enzo is not the real deal. That is why his matchmaking in setting up this fight is genius.

A big name who is shot, but still has a good record.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think this fight was fair enough. It was a significant step up from the Bobby Gunn's of this world and Enzo thoroughly dominated. Sets him up for bigger and better fights.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Enzo's an Improving fighter who beat Braithwaite better than Mormeck did and most were saying the Jones stoppage was controversial.

Enzo's chin Is good anyway.

Probably a little past It but to say he's totally shot Is premature.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Fine spanks and yourself?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

I'm always here.

Just mostly on the British forum though.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Apart from the last round I thought Enzo fought a perfict fight.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
joe33

vCash:

How was Braithwaitte shot then?,he was pretty good i thought,he took a lot of punches,but did not give up,and tried his best.I have never seen him fight before mind,so maybe im wrong completly.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

After a big win/ loss who the **** isn't shot now adays? Never have I seen such an overused word. It isn't even past his prime anymore, it is straight to SHOT!

Last edited by Heavyrighthand; 03-19-2006 at 04:40 PM.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #11
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
After a big win/ loss who the **** isn't shot now adays? Never have I seen such an overused word. It isn't even past his prime anymore, it is straight to SHOT!
Well, he's a former champ and couldn't put an ounce together over an average fighter(anyone who's followed Mac's career can see past this win), so there is an obvious reason for it.

If Mac proves to be a real force, then obviously the reason is that Mac is a very good fighter, but I'd differ in saying that Braithwaite just had nothing left.

I get criticised for "overrating" Darnell Wilson, but truth be told, his win on this "level" was the KO 2 of Dale Brown, on TOP of that, he's followed up by KOing Davis, another win on the level that Enzo produced tonight and KOing a very good fighter in Nwodo...

So Ding's proven himself to me. Enzo COULD do the same, but I'm skeptical because of his track record. It's not worth getting worked on either way.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Well, he's a former champ and couldn't put an ounce together over an average fighter(anyone who's followed Mac's career can see past this win), so there is an obvious reason for it.

If Mac proves to be a real force, then obviously the reason is that Mac is a very good fighter, but I'd differ in saying that Braithwaite just had nothing left.

I get criticised for "overrating" Darnell Wilson, but truth be told, his win on this "level" was the KO 2 of Dale Brown, on TOP of that, he's followed up by KOing Davis, another win on the level that Enzo produced tonight and KOing a very good fighter in Nwodo...

So Ding's proven himself to me. Enzo COULD do the same, but I'm skeptical because of his track record. It's not worth getting worked on either way.
What bollocks. Just because your pick was shit and your reasoning diabolical.

He went 12 hard rounds, took hard shots, made Enzo miss loads, landed some good shots and won a few rounds until Enzo undid him.

Wayne got beat and your pick was bollocks. Let's move on but as you move on don't forget Enzo is now a true world class fighter.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
What bollocks. Just because your pick was shit and your reasoning diabolical.

He went 12 hard rounds, took hard shots, made Enzo miss loads, landed some good shots and won a few rounds until Enzo undid him.

Wayne got beat and your pick was bollocks. Let's move on but as you move on don't forget Enzo is now a true world class fighter.
Oh christ, Enzo a true top class fighter? I guess we'll have to wait until he gets DESTROYED by a top level fighter who is still in reasonable condition before you'll submit on this one. Like I said, anyone who has followed his career, which I have seen 5 prior fights, knows what Enzo is and where he truly stands.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Oh christ, Enzo a true top class fighter? I guess we'll have to wait until he gets DESTROYED by a top level fighter who is still in reasonable condition before you'll submit on this one. Like I said, anyone who has followed his career, which I have seen 5 prior fights, knows what Enzo is and where he truly stands.
He is the WBO champ and now has solid wins.

Just fall back on your 'shot' theory. It can soften the blow of your shit predicition.

I've seen a shit load of Enzo fights. He has gotten better and better and gone from strength to strength. He started off getting ko'd by a nobody while not ko'ing anybody. Then he started sparking alright guys as the WBU champ and now he is the WBO champ with wins over two former WBC champs and the British champ.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
He is the WBO champ and now has solid wins.

Just fall back on your 'shot' theory. It can soften the blow of your shit predicition.

I've seen a shit load of Enzo fights. He has gotten better and better and gone from strength to strength. He started off getting ko'd by a nobody while not ko'ing anybody. Then he started sparking alright guys as the WBU champ and now he is the WBO champ with wins over two former WBC champs and the British champ.
I've said all along that if Braithwaite has anything left, he blows this cunt out, which he damn well would have. I said it's a 50/50 affair on several occassions, but the 50/50 element is what Wayne has left.

My prediction was fine, I was being realistic to the event.

And how ironic, you just don't like anyone putting realistic heat on one of your national fighters whom seemingly look good. Maybe if you'll stop overrating some of them, and don't get me wrong, Britain is a great boxing nation with many good fighters, but maybe if you get realistic on some of the jokers*, you'll go back to being an effective analyst in these scenerio's instead of just going with the flow of shit that boxing fans tend to go everytime something good happens for a fighter.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum