Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Tony Doherty loses for the first time...

To a Scotsman!

In all seriousness though, Im very pleased for Kevin McIntyre, who was no doubt looked upon as a soft touch for Tony last night.

Doherty was 20-0 going into the fight, & was a heavy favourite to win, I think Frank ****** bas banking on Kevin being past his best, as hed been stopped recently by Gary Reid & Nigel Wright. But Kev did beat Wright the first time they fought, showing that on his day he can be a hard fight for anyone in Britain.

In fact, it was a good night all round for the scots last night, with concrete fisted Kenny Anderson winning by KO yet again(three out of three by KO now) & of course Alex Athur finally fufilling his potential by beating a top opponent in Gogoladze.

ALBA GU BRATH
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tony Doherty loses for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
To a Scotsman!

In all seriousness though, Im very pleased for Kevin McIntyre, who was no doubt looked upon as a soft touch for Tony last night.

Doherty was 20-0 going into the fight, & was a heavy favourite to win, I think Frank ****** bas banking on Kevin being past his best, as hed been stopped recently by Gary Reid & Nigel Wright. But Kev did beat Wright the first time they fought, showing that on his day he can be a hard fight for anyone in Britain.

In fact, it was a good night all round for the scots last night, with concrete fisted Kenny Anderson winning by KO yet again(three out of three by KO now) & of course Alex Athur finally fufilling his potential by beating a top opponent in Gogoladze.

ALBA GU BRATH

Absolute quality Kevin is a good lad, I'm pleased as feck for him. You right though, ****** took him down there thinking he was an easy touch, but what they didnt know was that he is a lot stronger since moving up the weight, l/welter was just too light for him. I knew this could be a sticking point for Doherty. Oh, how good is that!
Top Dog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum