Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #16
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Congrats to Macarinelli, but Mbaye-Rees stunk of a fix to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
It was the fact that the jab wasn't even being remotely used by M'Baye that troubled me, even at the end M'Baye seemed hesitant to engage or anything. Would you put it past ****** to fix a fight, I wouldn't anyway.
Why was M'Baye constantly trying to nail Rees with the right hand and hard right hands, if he was going to throw a fight he would not be trying to take Rees head off now would he?

Give Rees some credit for his win, this bull is tarnishing his win.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2007, 04:54 AM   #17
elias
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

M'baye is just a crazy ****er. Bit like Danny Williams.
elias is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #18
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It may or may not have been but there's really no answer for one of the biggest non efforts in a title fight since Tarver fought Hopkins. I don't think being lazy or unmotivated cuts it, possibly overtrained if anything.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 05:13 AM   #19
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

It was NOT a fix.

Congratulations to Rees on a career best win.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 05:45 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

That was by far the most pathetic fight iv ever seen. M`baye is a world class operator and iv seen him many a time on Eurosport.Theres no way in a million years a domestic bust like Ree`s should have won a fight like that.M`baye simply did nothing.It was the most disgusting performance iv ever seen.And if the fix wasnt in ****** should drop him immediately.Whats even worse was that this was for one of the 3 major world titles.That is utterly shambolic.Ree`s isnt even remotely close to world class.As soon as he gets in the ring with a REAL world title operator he gets canned.Ree`s has no business at 140 and should have stayed at featherweight.His record although padded and mildy impressive as he is unbeaten has ZERO names on it.I dont believe his even contested a domestic title?!?!?!?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #21
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

As someone said, is his last fight M'Baye looked equally bad. Plus at the end of the fight it was obvious M'Baye was trying to take Rees out. I think it was a case of M'Baye underestimating Rees, and also because Rees had never done 12 rounds he probably thought he could wait till Gavin ran out of steam, and just waited too long.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #22
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
That was by far the most pathetic fight iv ever seen. M`baye is a world class operator and iv seen him many a time on Eurosport.Theres no way in a million years a domestic bust like Ree`s should have won a fight like that.M`baye simply did nothing.It was the most disgusting performance iv ever seen.And if the fix wasnt in ****** should drop him immediately.Whats even worse was that this was for one of the 3 major world titles.That is utterly shambolic.Ree`s isnt even remotely close to world class.As soon as he gets in the ring with a REAL world title operator he gets canned.Ree`s has no business at 140 and should have stayed at featherweight.His record although padded and mildy impressive as he is unbeaten has ZERO names on it.I dont believe his even contested a domestic title?!?!?!?
The WBA have pulled this shit loads lately, Bumdine and Sturm both fought nobodies in their recent defenses. The funniest thing is, not only had Rees never fought for a domestic title, he had never fought at 140 or fought a 12 round fight. Its really strange how someone who has never fought a name fighter, never fought for a domestic title and never fought at 140 mysteriously gets a world title shot
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 06:46 AM   #23
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

m'bayes last fight was kotelnik though, a fringe world class operator himself, who few people look good against.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 07:23 AM   #24
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have a vision

"And the the New WBA Light Welterweight Champion of the World.....Amir Khan"

Stinks doesnt it
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #25
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I predicted this a while back. (Khan to fight Rees)

Rees fought the fight of his life and what particularly impressed me and others around me was the hand speed, work rate and will to win. M'aye clearly had a hard time hitting Rees and the Calzaghe gameplan worked a treat.

We have to be realistic here, Rees is the WBA champion of the world.

I would be even more surprised if Rees manages to win his next fight.

Who next??

Witter - Unification
Hatton
Khan

If I was his team I would be chasing one of the BIG money fights above and not the mandatory against Kotelnik.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #26
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not, not a fix, the dude was over-rated anyway, he was shite i n his last fight as well. Well done to Rees, he gave him all the trouble he could handle. Mbaye, looked disheartened after 4 rounds and I knew it was only a case of keeping it going and Rees would be champ, must admit thought Rees would run out of steam and get caught late on, all credit to the wee man. Maybe now Calzaghe will get some credit for producing good fighters, the guys been getting stick from certain parties for years about his lack of experience, just goes to show you. Well done the Welsh boys ****** will be loving it now, whats the chance of Rees v Khan, he will see it an easy win for Khan but you never know cause Rees is a speedy wee guy, and he slips punches really well. I ****IN LOVED IT
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 AM   #27
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It did look very strange indeed, he simply could not or would not
throw anything menacing at Rees and whilst you can give credit to Gavin for his performance, that was not a performance worthy of an area champ from M'Baye, let alone a world champ

Will throw my two penneth in re conspiracy, how about this one

Rematch in Wales on the undercard of Calzaghe/Kessler in November.
This will sell now as for a proper world title, will be reasonably cheap to finance, revenge angle for M'Baye and good ticket sales for another Welshman on the bill.

And there's more

***** keeps the title, for either Khan to fight the winner say April next year, or as mentioned a nice easy one for Ricky at some stage.

Fun this

Micky
micky is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #28
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Like I said in another thread, if I were one for conspiracy theories I'd be asking questions as to why a number of members of team Khan were at ringside and looking very smug. Given that it is known that Amir will wind up at 140 sooner or later, and he has speed and reach advantages over Gavin and of course Gavin isn't a puncher at 140. These quotes strike me "I will be a world champion at 21", "I trust Frank to help me get to were I want to be"
I haven't seen the fight but that sounds like a sound theory, I'll go with that. Look for Rees to fight a couple of set-ups then Khan-Rees will be announced by *****.

Last edited by Raging B(_)LL; 03-20-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #29
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Some nice stand aside money to keep Kotelnik away one thinks.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #30
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA
I haven't seen the fight but that sounds like a sound theory, I'll go with that. Look for Rees to fight a couple of set-ups then Khan-Rees will be announced by *****.
my word i'm astonished you didn't pick rees to beat hatton in his next fight and accuse hatton of ducking him somewhere along the line!
ron u.k. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum