Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #61
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
Nevermind.
Suggesting that those who disagree with you are "uneducated" is not advisable for several reasons. What happened here is that your measure was measured back unto you.

Anyway, good luck.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #62
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
You are notorious for being anti-Leonard so not a lot you will say on him holds much ground as far as I'm concerned.
Just like I said you're gutless and won't answer it. You know I can't respect a person like that. I put it out for you in black and white to address in front of everyone and you simply skipped over it as I knew you must. I guess to not acknowledge it and then continue with the charade is better than admitting to the embarrassing facts.

Since we both now know you're gutless I must ask why do you continue to carry on as though all criticsm is due to the blind bias of hating? I'm being perfectly honest and just pointed to something that was said on a tape so you can't very well blame me for it.

I gave you the evidence so please stop this charade. If you can't handle the truth about it just tell me it pains you to admit how cowardly leonard really was and that he couldnt handle even someone of Norris' caliber. That way you shut your trap once and for all.

Remember too that not everyone on this forum as as dumb as you'd like them to be.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #63
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Selfkill knows he got himself into something he can't finish. I expect him to just ignore me from now on. He'd better unless he wants more of the same.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #64
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89
Suggesting that those who disagree with you are "uneducated" is not advisable for several reasons. What happened here is that your measure was measured back unto you.

Anyway, good luck.
You started using so many big words I thought I would do myself a favour and bow out of this one.

Congratulations on your victory.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #65
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
You started using so many big words I thought I would do myself a favour and bow out of this one.

Congratulations on your victory.
Hey gutless you still feel like bragging how tough your guy is. You shouldn't after what I did to you.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #66
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Come on you stupid punk answer!!
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #67
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

If you don't I'm going to step all over you in front of everyone.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #68
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

And this time I won't be nice about it like before.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #69
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
Come on you stupid punk answer!!
My views haven't changed. I just felt our discussion was becoming more about who was better versed in the english language rather than having anything to do with the sport of Boxing.

Sugar Ray Leonard beating Marvin Hagler was a remarkable achievement, and regardless of what advantages either fighter had, I would prefer to concentrate on the facts. Leonard was the smaller man and the less active fighter, which makes his victory even more impressive.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #70
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

^ Being choosey about what to answer is you ONLY hope! You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge what's said on the tape. No need for any admissions now-to me that was your give up call.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #71
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
My views haven't changed. I just felt our discussion was becoming more about who was better versed in the english language rather than having anything to do with the sport of Boxing.

Sugar Ray Leonard beating Marvin Hagler was a remarkable achievement, and regardless of what advantages either fighter had, I would prefer to concentrate on the facts. Leonard was the smaller man and the less active fighter, which makes his victory even more impressive.
Yeah it reminded me of the SMALLER Leon Spinks beating Ali. That impress you too because it was the same thing essentially-timing.

Except Leon had the guts to give a rematch.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #72
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
^ Being choosey about what to answer is you ONLY hope! You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge what's said on the tape. No need for any admissions now-to me that was your give up call.
Perhaps Sugar Ray Leonard took advantage of Hagler whilst he was on the slide, but that isn't justification for discrediting the victory.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #73
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UK, England
Posts: 21,045
vCash: 842
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
Yeah it reminded me of the SMALLER Leon Spinks beating Ali. That impress you too because it was the same thing essentially-timing.

Except Leon had the guts to give a rematch.
Leon Spinks was in his prime years, whereas Muhammad Ali was a ridicliously shot fighter during this time in his career.

Sugar Ray Leonard didn't give Marvin a rematch, but is that justification for discrediting his victory? I'm not convinced.
Addie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #74
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
Perhaps Sugar Ray Leonard took advantage of Hagler whilst he was on the slide, but that isn't justification for discrediting the victory.
Well, isn't that what people do when it comes to Terry Norris? His victory over Ray was even more overwhelming especially when you think of the vast edge in experience that went to leonard and his amazing 11 year win streak.

Moreover this wasn't just some mere split decision. Terry Norris ****ed up Ray Leonard and sent him into retirement. He stopped his streak of comeback fights altogether.
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #75
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,509
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sugar Ray Leonard: best P4P since Robinson, best welterweight ever, or neither??

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
Leon Spinks was in his prime years, whereas Muhammad Ali was a ridicliously shot fighter during this time in his career.

Sugar Ray Leonard didn't give Marvin a rematch, but is that justification for discrediting his victory? I'm not convinced.
Leon Spinks was a guy with 7 pro fights and just over one year experience! How can you even say something like this to me? To me, the Redrooster!!!

I can't believe I'm having a conversation with a child. This is a ****ing joke!
redrooster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013