Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
Sagefrancis
Journeyman

Location: I dont know where I am, but I know how fast im going
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lifting

[quote=younghypnotiq]
if your a begginer you shouldmake gains ez add 5-10 pds to each lift everytime you lift. quote]

good luck benching 3 times a week and adding 5-10 pounds each time
thats an extra 15-30 lbs in a week. youve got no chance of keeping that up for even a month. your muscles need alot more than 48 hours to repair your muscles once youve torn them
Sagefrancis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
yung-gun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
that workout sux balls. thats a body builder workout. also 4 rounds on the heavy bag????? comeon. if you want to be good do atleast 12 rds heavy bag and 12 rds shadow box everyday with sunday off. cardio everyday and dont do 1 hour cardio do HIIT. this is what i do for wresstling and i dont get tired in wrestling and boxing is a breeze. take a stopwatch and 40 yards. put the stop watch on and you sprint the 40 yards then rest until 20 second mark and sprint again then rest till the 40 second mark go up and up until 5 minutes is up. then 1 min rest repeat for a total of 3x work up to 15 rds.

this is a good workout

Mon: 3x5 squats, 3x5 benchpress(or shoulder press alt every day), 3xmax pullups if you can do 15 or more than add weight so that you can only do 15.
Weds: 3x5 squat, 3x5 bench or (shoulderpress alt every day), 1x5 deadlift
Fri: 3x5 squat, 3x5 bench or (shoulderpress alt every day), 3x max chinups if you do 15 or more than add weight so you can only do 15

if your a begginer you shouldmake gains ez add 5-10 pds to each lift everytime you lift. once you cant add weight anymore then you want to drop the wight. if your squatting 250 consisitently with no gains then drop it to 230 and make 5 pd increases each week and you should make gains again. do cardio and boxing everyday except sundays. i also like to crosstrain with wrestling and kickboxing.
Is that your final answer? Because your wrong. Not exactly wrong, but may confuse a beginner weightlifter. When a beginner you will need longer rest than an experienced weightlifter, due to your muscles are not used to working out. And no trying to force them to workout, kinda like trying to push your speed over the it's limits, WILL NOT WORK. Yes you can gain 5-10 pounds, depending on what lift, your diet and program. Like I said, Rippetoes is perfect for a beginner. I suggest that above any workout if your a beginner. Back to the adding weight though, Squats and Deadlift, it is very likely to add 10 lbs per week. Bench press is more likely to gain 5 lbs a week. So eat right and train heavy. Good luck.
yung-gun1 is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #18
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

when i first started lifting i gain 15 pds a week on squat and 5 pds a week on bench and dead i gained around 10 but thats because you only do it 1x a week. and ur a moron newbs make quicker gains then experienced lifters and they need more rest but 48 hrs is more tahn enuff
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #19
yung-gun1

Quote:
when i first started lifting i gain 15 pds a week on squat and 5 pds a week on bench and dead i gained around 10 but thats because you only do it 1x a week. and ur a moron newbs make quicker gains then experienced lifters and they need more rest but 48 hrs is more tahn enuff
I'm a moron? You don't know half the stuff I know about weightlifting. 48 hours for a new weightlifter is actually not enough. They're muscles need to get used to the forces being put upon them. After about 6 months of training than they can workout more days and more intensely.

Don't question my knowledge about weightlifting. Ever. How much do you bench, deadlift and squat? I don't appreciate ****y people like you with wrong information.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #20
boxerpuncher069

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung-gun1
Is that your final answer? Because your wrong. Not exactly wrong, but may confuse a beginner weightlifter. When a beginner you will need longer rest than an experienced weightlifter, due to your muscles are not used to working out. And no trying to force them to workout, kinda like trying to push your speed over the it's limits, WILL NOT WORK. Yes you can gain 5-10 pounds, depending on what lift, your diet and program. Like I said, Rippetoes is perfect for a beginner. I suggest that above any workout if your a beginner. Back to the adding weight though, Squats and Deadlift, it is very likely to add 10 lbs per week. Bench press is more likely to gain 5 lbs a week. So eat right and train heavy. Good luck.

here's the thing though, in my opinion it is best to add to your frame first because you make your easiest size gains initially obviously. Think about it , if you put on a few pounds then you are familiar with form, and you can gain more strength than when you didn't gain the few pounds. not only that but you help stay away from injury as you become familiar with the motions. If you walk straight into stregth training you will get hurt without experience or familiarity. Thye lifts i mention are awesome for not limiting your speed or flexibility. And you cannot gain size without strength as well, hence bigger stronger faster, hence geti it right
boxerpuncher069 is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
yung-gun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerpuncher069
here's the thing though, in my opinion it is best to add to your frame first because you make your easiest size gains initially obviously. Think about it , if you put on a few pounds then you are familiar with form, and you can gain more strength than when you didn't gain the few pounds. not only that but you help stay away from injury as you become familiar with the motions. If you walk straight into stregth training you will get hurt without experience or familiarity. Thye lifts i mention are awesome for not limiting your speed or flexibility. And you cannot gain size without strength as well, hence bigger stronger faster, hence geti it right
Oh yeah, of course. Always get your form perfect before starting. Thats what your talking about right?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #22
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

alright so are u idiots disagreeing wwith mark rippetoe and bill starr?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #23
yung-gun1

Quote:
alright so are u idiots disagreeing wwith mark rippetoe and bill starr?
I was suggesting mark rippetoe in the first place you ****ing retard. Go to the first five posts I remember posting rippetoes starting strength.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:54 PM   #24
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

wel mark rippetoe recomend squatting 3x a week and also says in his book you should add 5pds each time you squat.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #25
yung-gun1

Quote:
wel mark rippetoe recomend squatting 3x a week and also says in his book you should add 5pds each time you squat.
Do you have the book? He said it's possible. He said to focus on form and then worry about weight. He said ONLY GO UP IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN, WHICH MOST OF HIS CLIENTS WENT UP 5 LBS. EVERY WORKOUT. Don't argue with me about weightlifting. You won't win. You may win with boxing, but not weightlifting.

And you seem to be avoiding my question. A more knowledgable weightlifter is usually a stronger one. What are your numbers on bench press, squat and deadlift and how old are you?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #26
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i have his book starting strenght and the other one. i am 15. 170 6% bf
bench=250x5
squat= 350x5
deadlift 400x5

i messed up the weights so i editied it
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #27
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

o yah and obviously you must learn form first. but once you learn it and start lifting you should add that much
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #28
magik10

Quote:
bench=250x5
squat= 350x5
deadlift 400x5

There are your numbers!? I'm impressed. Can you please post vids showing this?
magik10 is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #29
yung-gun1

Quote:
bench=250x5
squat= 350x5
deadlift 400x5

Those would be nice numbers if they were true. At 170 pounds 6% bf 15 yrs old benching about 290 for 1,squatting about 420 for 1, and deadlifting about 465 for 1. That's record placing, and seeing as you also box, which means you do alot of cardio, and also means you won't go up very easy. I'm currently 14 yrs old, 155 lbs at about 12.5%bf benching 175 for 1, squatting 235 and deadlifting 300.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #30
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung-gun1
Those would be nice numbers if they were true. At 170 pounds 6% bf 15 yrs old benching about 290 for 1,squatting about 420 for 1, and deadlifting about 465 for 1. That's record placing, and seeing as you also box, which means you do alot of cardio, and also means you won't go up very easy. I'm currently 14 yrs old, 155 lbs at about 12.5%bf benching 175 for 1, squatting 235 and deadlifting 300.
lol thats because you didnt play football for 4 years. i jsut started boxing this year. i used to be around 190 and have been lifting for like 3 -4 years.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing