boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 AM   #46
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590
Default Re: I told you guys that Pac will fight Mayweather ...

If Pac was weighing 147lbs tonight [on fight night]
Maybe this can happen.

And Maybe Floyd can be the goodguy for once.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 AM   #47
spion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgeraldz
Williams only had 3 title fights and lost 1 of them ... Cotto has a tough fight against Margarito and a big payday waiting against DLH ... those are two tough fights ... and Cotto could very much so lose to Margarito.

I don't think that those guys are really marketable foes ... and can't make PBF the 25m he's now demanding for a fight.

I don't think its a matter of how tough the fight is for PBF ... the money has to be right - first and foremost.
FIRST off you have to find people willing to shell out the dough to watch the fight (Pacquiao). IF Floyd can find the people willing it still doesn't help him in his personal legacy as division champ. It simply makes him look like a money grubbing coward to whom money was more important than character and being a true champion.
spion is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 AM   #48
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845

Once a fighter rreaches a certain level ... they are looking to fight guys who have the same type of experience as them and have accomplished just as much as them.

Thats the same reason why Calzaghe won't fight Pavlik ... it isn't because he's scared of Pavlik, its because Pavlik isn't on his level experience wise and isn't as well known as say a Roy Jones.

Why spend 15 yrs in the game (say like a Calzaghe) ... and fight a guy who only has 2 championship fights. Add to that you stand to only make 4-8million when you've been making that before and you're looking to make more money.

He stands to make 20m + against RJJ ... compare that to 4-8m against Pavlik.

Thats the same as PBF ... he just made 20m against Hatton... and 30m against DLH ... come on now ... as of now he stands to make 10m against Cotto and thats it.

Cotto only sold 200k buys against Judah and 350k against Mosley ... and both of those guys have big names ... Floyd did 350k against Baldomir ... he did over 1m against Hatton and over 2m against DLH ... come one now ...

That **** doesn't balance out fellas --
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #49
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spion
FIRST off you have to find people willing to shell out the dough to watch the fight (Pacquiao). IF Floyd can find the people willing it still doesn't help him in his personal legacy as division champ. It simply makes him look like a money grubbing coward to whom money was more important than character and being a true champion.
In US this fight will sell well over 3m buys ... it would shatter records done by DLH v FLoyd. You have to factor in the PBF haters that want to see him lose and believe that every fight he enters in - some how some way that he would lose, then you have the Pac fans who are just as big as DLH fans - factor in the phillipino population in the US ... then you have us hardcore fans and no matter how much we would dispute this - most of us would find a way to watch this ****.

don't hate ... on these guys level ... belts are out of the question ... the two names trump the belts ... this is about legacy and who's the best of this generation.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 AM   #50
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

people dont understand the economics of boxing.... it seems like atleast..

financially the pac fight makes mad sense.... why dont people see that... ****s so obvious
walk with me is online now  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:20 AM   #51
jupzrooni
Tyler Durden
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't hate just check my past posts and threads and you would find clarity --

And I still like Valero -- he's a special fighter ... not saying skill wise but his power ... like Pac, I think Valero's power can carry him a couple weight classes w/ ease. In sparring (yeah sparring w/ over sized gloves and head gear on, he was dropping light welterweights and he's a super featherweight)
i don't hate you fitzgeraldz.. you're a good poster whenever you're serious.. it's just a bit.. i dunno.. shocking
jupzrooni is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:21 AM   #52
spion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Believe me you are deceiving yourselves if you think people would RATHER watch Floyd fight Pac than Cotto. It is like wanting to see Ali fight Bob Foster rather than Joe Frazier. Floyd cannot avoid the inevitable..........Cotto (winning the Margarito match) is the man that people would most like to pay to see him fight. Anything less will get Floyd less in both money and respect. Period!
spion is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #53
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Naw Mayweather wants to fight Cotto.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #54
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spion
Believe me you are deceiving yourselves if you think people would RATHER watch Floyd fight Pac than Cotto. It is like wanting to see Ali fight Bob Foster rather than Joe Frazier. Floyd cannot avoid the inevitable..........Cotto (winning the Margarito match) is the man that people would most like to pay to see him fight. Anything less will get Floyd less in both money and respect. Period!
No he won't ... Pac set the record for a purse by a non WW and set the PPV record for a non WW fight --
Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 AM   #55
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

you people dont think when you talk about floyd and his decisions... its not about what "WE" as hardcore boxing fans would rather see. because we would obviously love to see ....
calzaghe vs pavlik
floyd vs cotto

but the truth of the matter is ...

the average sports fan does not know who
MIGUEL COTTO
PAUL WILLIAMS
& ANTONIO MARGARITO

are.. as hard as this is too imagine its true...

pac on the other hand just had a huge fight in vegas (something cotto has yet to do) an enormous following in the phillipens (sp) and is the #1 man in boxing right now....

if cotto manages to lose ieither of his 2 upcoming fights (marg & oscar) his stock goes down the drain and his opprotunity at floyd is shot

pacman on other hand after this fight is blazing... and if he fights and beats hatton will further put his name out there and he WILL BE THE BIGGEST NAME IN BOXING PERIOD!

mix in a 24/7 & roger mayweather **** talking & floyds typical antics

and your doing big numbers...

@ this points its about the money for floyd.. that much is obvious
walk with me is online now  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #56
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

All this talk about Cotto ... **** all b/s aside ... Cotto is in a tough fight and could possibly lose to Margarito.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 AM   #57
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
All this talk about Cotto ... **** all b/s aside ... Cotto is in a tough fight and could possibly lose to Margarito.
Like possibly losing to Gomez.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #58
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

24/7 would be crazy ... there would be an emphasis on Pac winning 3 alphabet titles and 2 linear titles. (in 5 total weight classes)

And then there's Floyd who won 5 weight class titles and 6 overall --

Floyd would be himself and Pac would be himself - they both are ****y and both consider themselves great.

Pac had a goat at his press conference hinting to the term G.O.A.T (greatest of all time)
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #59
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout
Like possibly losing to Gomez.
Every fighter runs the risk of losing every time they step into the ring ... its a fight between two people.

And if you check my posts before and after that you wouldn't be talking that weak ****.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #60
spion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't buy this BS for a moment! OK, lets just say that Mayweather does go for the money. Doesn't he call himself MONEY MAY because he already has so much money? Does he need the money more or does he need to PROVE himself a champion against the toughest challenger in the division to secure his greatness, no questions asked? It is the LATTER boys! He needs a legacy of greatness by facing the best now that he has so much money. Chasing only more money is selling out his fans that believe he is the best and selling himself out. MONEY MAY has the money but he doesn't have the respect that beating the best will give him, and until he is willing to put it all on the line then he is a paper champ, and that paper is green. He would be a much greater fighter if he beat Cotto than if he beat Pacquiao and everyone knows that.
spion is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum