Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Frank Fletcher .Vs. Vito Antuofermo

Talk about bloodbath! The first five rows might have to wear raincoats for this one. Who would win in this evenly matched fight? 15 Rounds.
la-califa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Frank Fletcher .Vs. Vito Antuofermo

Antuofermo would get cut early, but take the opening rounds. Fletcher would warm up and storm back in the mid rounds, after getting cut himself. Pushing Vito to the brink. Then Antuofermo would turn up the heat in the late rounds ( 13-15). to take a close split decision.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Vito loved this king of fight and he had more skill than Fletcher
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

I`d also go with Vito to win a decision. This would have been a good one and I can see a potential bloodbath unfolding here as both men cut rather easily.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 AM   #5
Hank
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I would say Vito by knockout. Antuofermo was top ranked middleweight for 5 years waiting for title shot, and evendropped down to 154 to try for shot there. He earnrd it at 154 by beating German champ Eckerd Dagge for Eueopeon title, but guess who got world title shot at 154? Dagge won it, then instead of giving Vito shot, he defended against Emile Griffith--who Antuofermo had also defeated, four years earlier. Fight was on television, so Antuofermo got to see 2 guys he had wins over fighting for title!

He went back up to middleweight, fought all the best, and still had to wait.
Fletcher was tough, but had big television build up, and was not in same category as Vito Antuofermo. His victory over Cyclone Hart is one of greatest brawls you will ever see at middleweight for past 40 years, if you ever get chance to see it do so. It's rarley, maybe never, shown. His Vinny Curto fight was good too, all action for 10 rounds.
Hank is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Vito is the much better fighter.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vito would win by a unanimous decision.But Frank would take the early rounds.
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Vito was a vastly underrated defensive fighter, with a ridiculous combination of stamina and physical strength (for his size). Frank would not be backing him into retreat, and this is one instance where the Animal comes out second in endurance. Fletcher stopped Green when Hard Rock panicked at the unfamiliar sight of his own blood. Antuofermo couldn't have cared less, and would probably be disappointed if he didn't drip at least a little blood at some point. Vito was a world champion. Frank never advanced to a title shot. It would have been very entertaining, but Antuofermo would sweep the final rounds for a clear cut UD.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I love Frank! he could box (underrated skill, here), or brawl Philly style, but he is in for a bad night!

Luckily Vito has a tendancy to be a slow starter, as Frank applies some serious pressure to take an early pts lead. Around rd 5 Vito stars hitting his stride, by the 8th he has taken control of the fight. I guess it could go the distance, but I see the mosquito biting him in the 11th, and the animal goes down!

Sorry Frank!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #10
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This would indeed be a bloodbath. As with Antuofermo-Hamsho, I can see either man taking it on cuts, but I lean toward Vito by decision or maybe even late KO, as he then ponders what Mafia-related movie he'll star in next.
laxpdx is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

I saw Fletcher get brutalized by Juan Domingo Roldan on the Hagler-Duran undercard in 1983.... I vaguely remember Animal having an absolute war with either James "Hard Rock" Green or it could also have been Curtis Parker... Then there was the fight with Scypion where Fletcher's mother attacked WS in the ring after the fight.... It turned it was not really even his real mother.... Great publicity stunt though with her hollering at the top of her lungs ringside during the entire fight.... Loved those days because boxing was more accessible and ubiquitious on network television on the weekends in the 80's..
Anyway, back to the question.... For all the animal's power and aggression he was in Vito's class so I'll take Antuofermo to dominate for the most part (Fletcher would get his shots in too) in a comprehensive points win.... Don't think Vito would knock Fletcher out though.... Roldan, who I mentioned before, had a lot more power in his punches than Vito.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Meant to say Fletcher was not quite in Vito's class as a world class fighter IMO.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
The Morlocks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
Talk about bloodbath! The first five rows might have to wear raincoats for this one. Who would win in this evenly matched fight? 15 Rounds.
i would take Fletcher in a late stoppage. Vito was pretty used up by 1981 and Fletcher was on point in 80-82. I think Fletcher hit harder and his style would grind Vito down to a bloody mess. Vito POOOUUURRREEEDDD blood in the 80s compared to Frank. and The Animal stays on him and gets him in the 12th, by bloody stoppage. The refs short looks like Chrisadulos after the fist Galindez-Kates fight.
The Morlocks is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #14
KTFO

vCash:

Antuofermo by midround stoppage.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Vito was classes above and would beat him by clear decision ..
he grant is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum