Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #31
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Yeah mate for sure! Which reminds me I still owe NotDYE and Kegsy an AVATAR. I am getting slack.
Careful using the work SLACK mate, a Choc sucker might think you said sack ....it doesnt take them much to dream of Mundines balls on their chin..............i think iv taking the Anit Choc sucker hating far enough??
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #32
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Careful using the work SLACK mate, a Choc sucker might think you said sack ....it doesnt take them much to dream of Mundines balls on their chin..............i think iv taking the Anit Choc sucker hating far enough??
No mate you can never go too far. I used to like Mundine as a fighter, where as now I am almost at the point where I want him to lose, just so all these w@nkas will go away and never come back.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #33
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 246
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Anyone else who has the fight, is that Mosely in the black and gold shirt and Delahoya sitting next to him in the crowd? if it is, it could be only good news for Katsidis as they seemed very interested in the fight
wangman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 AM   #34
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,622
vCash: 166
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Dont recall seeing them but Golden Boy has expressed interest in Mike.
Im sure he has trained with Mosley at some stage.

I think De La Hoya was pulling for Czar a little more in this fight but Im sure he will want to cash in on the Rocky Katsidas express now.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #35
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 166
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

the dudes who are saying that he should take on casamayor and raheem are dreaming. slick fighters the worst possible matches for katsidis. he has a chance against any lightweight toe-to-toe but will look amateurish against both raheem and casamayor IMO. those guys won't engage if they are not sure that they will get the upperhand.

katsidis needs 3 or 4 more fights before dreaming about casamayor
theunderdog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #36
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 166
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Exactly. Totally different fighters. Pac bombards guys with speed and combination punching usually from range, where as Kat needs to get right inside and try to out muscle them. Pac basically lives off that straight left, where as Kat is much more effective with his hooks.
i think that the pac and katsidis comparison stops after saying that they both like moving forward. pac can fight in distance, katsidis can't. and pac being a 1 punch fighter, i think, has been proven untrue now. the straight left WAS all he knew then but he has added a lot more. katsidis, i think, will still improve. but until he does, i can't see him being compared to pac
theunderdog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 AM   #37
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
They were only cuts they won't take 6 months to heal. I would say about a1 month max before he could start training properly again. I would like to see him fight against Diaz. Diaz is a big name in the US right now, and win or lose Kat will put up a great show and will really make a big name for himself. To be honest one fight isn't going to make a difference if he fights the Baby Bull. Diaz is just a better fighter, however style wise these guys match up perfectly, and Diaz will give Kat plenty of chance to land. If he waits and misses his chance, it might eventually come against a guy like Casamayor who will more then likely frustrate kat and box to a wide UD, without really doing anything to enhance Katsidis reputation in the process.
MSTR, trust me one more fight before facing Diaz is a smart move and if i was Katsidis manager i would be making him go after Campbell.

and no offense to you but if you read my 1st post i stated that Juan Diaz and Julio Diaz are trying to make fight.
So that leaves Katsidis without a opponent. Thats why im saying that i bet you will find Diaz wont be Katsidis next fight. because of Diaz vs Diaz. so that leaves time for Rocky to take another fight.

And this goes to the people that went along with MSTR.

you think MSTR is always right when he types something or in fact you think his knowledge is great.

I'd listen to someone like well Me becuase i think im pretty sure im about 15 places higher than MSTR in the Boxing Comp.

you know im only winding you up MSTR.

but i honestly believe Diaz and Diaz will be fighting each other so that leaves Katsidis to fight either a
Jon Thaxton (WBO)
or a
Nate Campbell.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM   #38
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
anyone noticed how Kat has a really funny right hook? looks like he twists his fist vertically rather than straight on? looks really awkward
Yes i did notice that and was gonna mention something about it. It looks really awkward.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #39
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
MSTR, trust me one more fight before facing Diaz is a smart move and if i was Katsidis manager i would be making him go after Campbell.

and no offense to you but if you read my 1st post i stated that Juan Diaz and Julio Diaz are trying to make fight.
So that leaves Katsidis without a opponent. Thats why im saying that i bet you will find Diaz wont be Katsidis next fight. because of Diaz vs Diaz. so that leaves time for Rocky to take another fight.

And this goes to the people that went along with MSTR.

you think MSTR is always right when he types something or in fact you think his knowledge is great.

I'd listen to someone like well Me becuase i think im pretty sure im about 15 places higher than MSTR in the Boxing Comp.

you know im only winding you up MSTR.

but i honestly believe Diaz and Diaz will be fighting each other so that leaves Katsidis to fight either a
Jon Thaxton (WBO)
or a
Nate Campbell.
hahaha.... you almost had me going there for a sec. Okay here are a couple things to think about. 1st off Kat just made his mandatory of his interim title so he doesn't need to face a top contender as appointed by the WBO for some time now. Secondly Diaz had also talked about facing Katsidis after this fight, so it is still unclear as to which direction he will be going at this point in time. Thirdly, why fight a very dangerous fighter with a very akward style in Nate Campbell when you don't have to, and you are waiting for a shot at one of the big names in the division? If he does want to take a hard fight before Diaz, why not go for someone like Edner Cherry, who has a hard come forward all action style like Katsidis, which will be a much better fight both in terms of similarity to Diaz, and also in terms of enhancing Mike's reputation as a great crowd pleasing fighter.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #40
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
i think that the pac and katsidis comparison stops after saying that they both like moving forward. pac can fight in distance, katsidis can't. and pac being a 1 punch fighter, i think, has been proven untrue now. the straight left WAS all he knew then but he has added a lot more. katsidis, i think, will still improve. but until he does, i can't see him being compared to pac
Your right in saying that Pac is more well rounded now. I was more tryinjg to point out the fact that they excel in different areas, although they are both very offensive minded.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #41
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Dont recall seeing them but Golden Boy has expressed interest in Mike.
Im sure he has trained with Mosley at some stage.

I think De La Hoya was pulling for Czar a little more in this fight but Im sure he will want to cash in on the Rocky Katsidas express now.
He has sparred with Mosley before, and I definitely think that Golden Boy is interested. They would be silly not to be really. The only thing that may be worrying them is whether he has the talent to compete at the top level. Walter Mathysse had an all action style of boxing also, and they signed him up and then watched him get demolished in two consecutive fights.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #42
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
hahaha.... you almost had me going there for a sec. Okay here are a couple things to think about. 1st off Kat just made his mandatory of his interim title so he doesn't need to face a top contender as appointed by the WBO for some time now. Secondly Diaz had also talked about facing Katsidis after this fight, so it is still unclear as to which direction he will be going at this point in time. Thirdly, why fight a very dangerous fighter with a very akward style in Nate Campbell when you don't have to, and you are waiting for a shot at one of the big names in the division? If he does want to take a hard fight before Diaz, why not go for someone like Edner Cherry, who has a hard come forward all action style like Katsidis, which will be a much better fight both in terms of similarity to Diaz, and also in terms of enhancing Mike's reputation as a great crowd pleasing fighter.
Edner Cherry is a good chioce as is Matt Zegan. But i think i would like to see Rocky only fight top say 10 guys from now on.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #43
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman
Anyone else who has the fight, is that Mosely in the black and gold shirt and Delahoya sitting next to him in the crowd? if it is, it could be only good news for Katsidis as they seemed very interested in the fight
Mate kat sparred Mosley so that can only be good lol Oscar looks to be signing him as A goldenboy fighter. Sparring the guys like Mosley can only help him get better and better.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #44
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Mate kat sparred Mosley so that can only be good lol Oscar looks to be signing him as A goldenboy fighter. Sparring the guys like Mosley can only help him get better and better.
hell yeah - if he becomes a golden boy fighter the big match ups are only round the corner
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:36 AM   #45
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who would you like to see Rocky fight next?

I think Rocky needs to fight a top 20 fighter but no higher than 15.

He needs to keep his position while getting a good workout and trying some new moves/ defence....then chase Juan Diaz.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013