boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,523
vCash: 1000
Default Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

who do you like, the giant killer vs the giant
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 21,940
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Timber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
janitor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38,060
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

I pick Dempsey.

I'm not going to try to ignore this thread. Bet I can't.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

If Dempsey is able to slip Kitschko's jab and get inside he would probably be successful. Needless to say, the big men of today (Lennox, the Klitschko brothers, etc.) are much more athletic and skilled than the big guys of yesteryear. I see it as a pick em' fight with either Klit by late TKO or Dempsey by early knockout if he catches him.
Sardu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardu
If Dempsey is able to slip Kitschko's jab and get inside he would probably be successful. Needless to say, the big men of today (Lennox, the Klitschko brothers, etc.) are much more athletic and skilled than the big guys of yesteryear. I see it as a pick em' fight with either Klit by late TKO or Dempsey by early knockout if he catches him.
I think Dempsey at his very best like he was in the Wilalrd fight would win, but the Dempsey who fought Fripo, Brennan, and Sharkey would lose.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Dempsey by early KO. Wlad doesn't have the toughness or chin of Willard and would stay down.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
I think Dempsey at his very best like he was in the Wilalrd fight would win, but the Dempsey who fought Fripo, Brennan, and Sharkey would lose.
I agree with that. Dempsey at his peak was a monster but as his title reign went on he got worse and worse.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 619
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Klitschko is timid, weak chinned and has no inside game. Dempsey of Toledo would slaughter him.
Maxmomer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #9
pugilist_boyd
BUSTED UP PUG
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: missouri,usa
Posts: 415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

dempsey y early dimemberment
pugilist_boyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
Ezzard
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Dempsey he can win by KO...

He was also a decent defensive fighter for a KO artsist. His speed and workrate would see him set a pace that Wlad couldn't match.
Ezzard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #11
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 238
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore
Dempsey by early KO. Wlad doesn't have the toughness or chin of Willard and would stay down.
No, but he does have boxing skill, athleticism and more than 1 fight in 3 years, not to mention he's not 37. Please don't compare him to that unskilled farm strong boy.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
No, but he does have boxing skill, athleticism and more than 1 fight in 3 years, not to mention he's not 37. Please don't compare him to that unskilled farm strong boy.
Comparing Willard skill to the best modern super heavies of the 1990's to present is one of the worst mistakes historians or seasoned boxing fans make.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #13
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38,060
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Comparing Willard skill to the best modern super heavies of the 1990's to present is one of the worst mistakes historians or seasoned boxing fans make.
It's valid to compare them if all you are saying is, "they are tall".

Who do you consider a good comparison for Wlad historically, or do you feel there isn't one?
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #14
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
It's valid to compare them if all you are saying is, "they are tall".

Who do you consider a good comparison for Wlad historically, or do you feel there isn't one?
A Great Dane dog and an Irish Wolf hound dog are also tall, but they are compeltely different looking and acting.

The best comparison for Wlad historically is Lennox Lewis. I do not want to get into a who is better thread, but I do see many similarities between Wlad and Lewis.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #15
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38,060
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Dempsey vs Wlad Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
A I do not want to get into a who is better thread
An easy one...



Summarise your feelings on Saturday's fight?
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015