Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Postman Pat beats Sonny Liston

Postman Pat to my knowledge is undefeated in profesional boxing and has never quit on his stool.
janitor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
AREA 53
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Postman Pat beats Sonny Liston

I'm Sure Telegram Sam once beat Postman Pat !?
AREA 53 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Robbi is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

His style is a little wooden, but he has a chance. Maybe his black and white cat does as well.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor
Postman Pat to my knowledge is undefeated in profesional boxing and has never quit on his stool.

The " everybody beats Liston ", is my gimmick Janitor. Start your own prank.....
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Postman Pat KO1 Liston.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
The " everybody beats Liston ", is my gimmick Janitor. Start your own prank.....

Ya real funny Magoo. You had everyone rolling on the floor laughing. Let me ask you one question, what did you do with the money your mother gave you for comedy school?
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
Ya real funny Magoo. You had everyone rolling on the floor laughing. Let me ask you one question, what did you do with the money your mother gave you for comedy school?
A number of people did manage to get a kick out of it. Of course, I'm not sure which was more entertaining. My Liston threads or seeing you get the livin' crap kicked out of himself by Old Fogey and Marciano Frazier on the Johansson thread.

If I had to score that match it would probably look something like this : 116-110 for Old Fogey. Of course, if you fought in Germany, the scores would be closer to 120-109.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
He bought your sense of humour, apparentely.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
My Liston threads or seeing you get the livin' crap kicked out of himself by Old Fogey and Marciano Frazier on the Johansson thread.

Im glad they kicked my ass because I respect those two more than anyone else on this site, and I consider them both online pals. I pretty much share the exact same opinions on them with everything not named liston, williams, and valdez. I am man enough to admit When I am outclassed by two very old wise men. I am usually on there said in those 1950s debates watching them school a certain poster on this site who dislikes 1950s era. however I will say It will be a different story if u allow me 30 more years of boxing knowledge to catch up.

You know the old saying, "if you can't beat em, join em"

Quote:
A number of people did manage to get a kick out of it.
Sure they did, that will be your little secret

Quote:
If I had to score that match it would probably look something like this : 116-110 for Old Fogey. Of course, if you fought in Germany, the scores would be closer to 120-109.

Thats ok because old fogey(sorry to put u on the spot) would have kicked the livin shit out of you on pretty much any debate. as would most other posters. I mean u claim to be 31 years old, but you appear to have boxing knowledge of a 17 year old, no offense but I sure hope in a decade from now Ill be far more knowledable than you are at 31. I mean Im just going by what the naked eye sees. Im sure your a happy go lucky family man at home that is satisfied with his life, but ur certainly not in the boxing knowledge class of the other older posters on the site. thats what were here for isnt it?

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 07-09-2008 at 12:41 PM.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
He bought your sense of humour, apparentely.
The kurgen responds!! hey how ya doin bud, hadvnt talked to you in ages. hope everythings goin well. so nice of you to drop in.

Now am I being sarcastic or just being polite and respectful? we dont know do we? I guess thats the privaledge of being behind a computer vs face to face.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats ok because old foget would have kicked the livin shit out of you on pretty much any debate. as would most other posters. I mean u claim to be 31 years old, but you appear to have boxing knowledge of a 17 year old, no offense but I sure hope in a decade from now Ill be far more knowledable than you are at 31. I mean Im just going by what the naked eye sees. Im sure your a happy go lucky family man at home that is satisfied with his life, but ur certainly not in the boxing knowledge class of the other older posters on the site. thats what were here for isnt it?
Yeah, because you've schooled me so many times. I particularly like it when you give a vein attempt at trying to lecture others on your opinions of 1980's fighters, and how painfully obvious it is of how clueless you are on the subject. I also enjoy watching how you will either add or subtract years, Lbs or inches on fighters to suit your arguments not to mention apply the most ridiculous double standards when comparing them. And how every match that boxrec lists as either a split or majority decision is automatically a robbery if it didn't go your way.

Before you start making judgments on who is well versed on a given subject and who is not, you should at least know the difference between factual history and historical revisionism....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I particularly like it when you give a vein attempt at trying to lecture others on your opinions of 1980's fighters,
im confused, i hardly talk about the 1980s and when I do I give small factual opinions. could u please use an example.

Quote:
and how painfully obvious it is of how clueless you are on the subject. I also enjoy watching how you will either add or subtract years, Lbs or inches on fighters to suit your arguments not to mention apply the most ridiculous double standards when comparing them.
go ahead get it all out. i know it hurts.

Quote:
And how every match that boxrec lists as either a split or majority decision is automatically a robbery if it didn't go your way
im sorry u just dont have the film collection I have. maybe one day ill be nice enough to upload youtube some more rare footage. I guess Im just not a boxrec hunter like you.

Quote:
Before you start making judgments on who is well versed on a given subject and who is not, you should at least know the difference between factual history and historical revisionism....

But once again, if you go purely based on boxrec, you will never know the fully story. film tells us everything, some of us have seen many rare films that we study analyise and form our own opinions, while others purely just sit back and read boxrec stats all day. I pick the former rather than the ladder. no ones rewriting history here, just stating there own opinion on what happened.

For example its been quite clearly demonstrated by papers, ingo himself, and pattersons camp that they kept his right hand hammer or thor on secret so when the first top american fighter he fought machen stepped into the ring, he had no idea was he was getting himself into. machen entered the ring with a game plan poorly prepared. machen was already quite
prepared for williams and liston pre fight, he knew about there styles he knew there strengths. machen practically went into ingos backyard blindfolded on ingos style and strengths. Preparation is a key ingredient.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
im confused, i hardly talk about the 1980s and when I do I give small factual opinions. could u please use an example.

go ahead get it all out. i know it hurts.

im sorry u just dont have the film collection I have. maybe one day ill be nice enough to upload youtube some more rare footage. I guess Im just not a boxrec hunter like you.

But once again, if you go purely based on boxrec, you will never know the fully story. film tells us everything, some of us have seen many rare films that we study analyise and form our own opinions, while others purely just sit back and read boxrec stats all day. I pick the former rather than the ladder. no ones rewriting history here, just stating there own opinion on what happened.

For example its been quite clearly demonstrated by papers, ingo himself, and pattersons camp that they kept his right hand hammer or thor on secret so when the first top american fighter he fought machen stepped into the ring, he had no idea was he was getting himself into. machen entered the ring with a game plan poorly prepared. machen was already quite
prepared for williams and liston pre fight, he knew about there styles he knew there strengths. machen practically went into ingos backyard blindfolded on ingos style and strengths. Preparation is a key ingredient.
Oh boy,

Given that you clearly used boxrec as a beacon to determine the age of Michael Dokes and assumed that he was in his prime in 1983, while being shot against Evander Holyfield in 1989, I'd say that you've demonstrated a lack of perspective on the " whole picture. "

Watching films? You claim that Holyfield " gassed " in his first fight against Riddick Bowe, when in fact he was extremely competitive in the closing rounds of that fight. Did you see it?

As for Machen's lack of preparation against Ingo, well I'd say that being prepared was Machen's responsibility and not Johansson's. Nevertheless, you use this excuse to strip Ingo of all credit for that win, hence showing your partiallness towards the fighters that you favor. You also seem to have a bone to pick with fighters of European background.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor
How about his black and white cat ? Didn't he turn into a *****?
mcvey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum