boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
Sonny's jab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default ESB Classic Hall of Shame

I nominate :

Bruce Seldon
(for being a ***** and faking it against Tyson)

Tony Ayala Jr.
(he's a ****in' sick **** burglar/rapist for chrissakes !!!)
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Danny McAlinden
Richard Dunn
Joe Bugner
Jack Bodell...


...for putting shame on the UK heavyweight secene during the 1970s.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nil satis nisi optimum
Posts: 825
vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Larry holmes for drop kicking Trevor Berbick, although in fairness it was quite funny
Nemesis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Casal Ventoso
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 34341
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Panama Lewis for being a scumbag.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a Treehouse
Posts: 475
vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Larry holmes for drop kicking Trevor Berbick, although in fairness it was quite funny
Hey, what the hell was wrong with Holmes doing that off the limo?

It wasn't as if he was going to have a straight shot at running up to Berbick on the ground?


I'd be more ****ed at Holmes taking ****py fights instead of taking the ones he knew fans wanted.


James Butler belongs on the list here, fro both his activilty inside and outside the ring.
Icemmann is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 137
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Danny McAlinden
Richard Dunn
Joe Bugner
Jack Bodell...


...for putting shame on the UK heavyweight secene during the 1970s.
What about Brian London? And Phil Scott? (Although he boxed much earlier.)

I nominate Tyson, first and foremost. His activites outside the ring were shameful. A street thug in every sense of the word.
His sidekick, Don King, must get a mention. He may be the best promoter ever, but he's a fraud as a human being.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 137
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Oh yeah, Stanley Ketchell. Not the most pleasant of people by most accounts, and he shot at his manager for waking him up from a sleep. Got himself shot for messing around with Walter A. Dipley's wife.

Gerald McClellan for engaging in dog fights, an activity I despise.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #8
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nil satis nisi optimum
Posts: 825
vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemmann
Hey, what the hell was wrong with Holmes doing that off the limo?

It wasn't as if he was going to have a straight shot at running up to Berbick on the ground?


I'd be more ****ed at Holmes taking ****py fights instead of taking the ones he knew fans wanted.


James Butler belongs on the list here, fro both his activilty inside and outside the ring.
It was during Homes second career (I think) and during one of his bouts Berbick was commentating and criticising the lacklustre performance of LH and after the fight Holmes took a swing at him and it progressed from their
Nemesis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
It was during Homes second career (I think) and during one of his bouts Berbick was commentating and criticising the lacklustre performance of LH and after the fight Holmes took a swing at him and it progressed from their
Hmmmmm, might even be in his first career. Duo will know for sure.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #10
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a Treehouse
Posts: 475
vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
It was during Homes second career (I think) and during one of his bouts Berbick was commentating and criticising the lacklustre performance of LH and after the fight Holmes took a swing at him and it progressed from their

BORKED
Icemmann is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #11
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

I think the vids got 1991 on it actually. Pity Larry didn't kick him harder the way he was carrying on. Not one to cross old Larry.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Stewbear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 271
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

lol I dont like holmes but that is classic funny
Stewbear is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Danny McAlinden
Richard Dunn
Joe Bugner
Jack Bodell...


...for putting shame on the UK heavyweight secene during the 1970s.
Harsh....

It was not just the 70s; with the exception of the odd glorious defeat, British Heavies always sucked at World level in the 20th Century until Lennox came along.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #14
Sonny's jab
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

I think the Holmes-Berbick episode wins Larry my eternal respect. It's funny as hell !
Remember, Holmes was 41 years old by this time !
A running jump and a frop kick off a limo ! Man, Chuck Norris and Van Damme only pretend to do this **** in the movies !

I cant remember what this was about, but I think perhaps Berbick had insulted or actly inappropriately towards a female friend of Larry's. Or am I well off the mark ?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab
I think the Holmes-Berbick episode wins Larry my eternal respect. It's funny as hell !
Remember, Holmes was 41 years old by this time !
A running jump and a frop kick off a limo ! Man, Chuck Norris and Van Damme only pretend to do this **** in the movies !

I cant remember what this was about, but I think perhaps Berbick had insulted or actly inappropriately towards a female friend of Larry's. Or am I well off the mark ?
You'd be right i reckon. Well done by Holmes, he had a genuine tough streak in him and was not one to cross i'd reckon. When the going gets tough the tough get going, and Holmes certainly got going when he had too.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015