Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #31
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB Classic Hall of Shame

Whoever thought it was a good idea to create the plethora of shitbag alphabet boxing 'organisations' their equally shit Captain Fantastic Buck Rogers like shitty belts and their so called 'champions'
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #32
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
Larry holmes. His cowardice resulted in the IBF.
Well then **** him too
Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #33
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

I got another one, the inventor of 'Interim' and 'Intercontinental' titles
Old 07-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #34
Mike T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Monzon
Mike T is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
I got another one, the inventor of 'Interim' and 'Intercontinental' titles
The real shit is whoever came up with Super Champion or Champion Emeritus that really stinks.Talking about stinks Corey gets a nod here aswell.
Decy is online now  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #36
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Super champion is a million times worse than champion emeritus.
Explain to me 'Super Champion'
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #37
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
Itīs a WBA thing. If somebody unifies the WBA title with another major title he becomes the WBA Super Champion and the regular title is vacated. So we have 2 WBA champions at the same time, the Super Champion has to face the regular one in a 18th month period.
Oh christ, I remember now

Well I suppose its another way to bleed fighters for sanctioning fees
Old 07-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #38
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Larry Holmes for the jockstrap putdown of Marciano. Duran for New Orleans. (Although he did screw Dong Key in the process, the fact remains that he deserved Malcolm Gordon's nickname, "The Eight Million Dollar Tanker.")

Bonehead Smith for not trying against Tyson, in a situation where he was sure to win by kayo if he did. (What underworld figure got into Smith's entourage?) Even Tyson said he shouldn't get paid.

Jose Sulamain, Gilberto Mendoza, and Bob Lee, for allowing the extinction of the 15 round limit, and all the sanctioning bodies which ruined boxing as a mainstream sport by going along with them.

SRL, for allowing the long unified World Middleweight Championship to splinter into pieces after decisioning Hagler over 12 rounds. Hagler, for accepting SRL's terms for their match, and then failing to preserve the unity of the MW Title by failing to take SRL out.

Riddickulous Bowe, for letting the Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship splinter by refusing to meet Lennox Lewis.

We shouldn't even be contemplating this issue. This is boxing after all, one of the slimiest enterprises in the history of human civilization. The task is too overwhelming and odious to contemplate.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #39
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

ray leonard-for various dubious actions.
Michael Spinks-fighting cooney
Don King- for enlonging the split of the heavyweight title for years.
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #40
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Danny McAlinden
Richard Dunn
Joe Bugner
Jack Bodell...

...for putting shame on the UK heavyweight secene during the 1970s.

Dunn had a glass jaw but he tried to go after Ali, and Bugner gave Ali and Frazier good fights for a kid with out a real wordclass team, DMac and Bodell were Glass Jawed and they did shame U guys
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #41
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

John Ruiz, for faking low blows in the Jimmy Thunder fight, the second Holyfield fights, and the Kirk Johnson fight - and for holding excessively in the rest of them.

It doesn't get much more shameful than a glorified clubfighter holding a title based on cheating and corruption!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
John Ruiz, for faking low blows in the Jimmy Thunder fight, the second Holyfield fights, and the Kirk Johnson fight - and for holding excessively in the rest of them.

It doesn't get much more shameful than a glorified clubfighter holding a title based on cheating and corruption!
Also for losing to Roy Jones Jr, and James Toney.After that second loss, he should've been shot.
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #43
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I say this often, but I don't dislike any fighters. I only dislike certain actions.

Oscar de la Hoya

1. Not giving Pernell Whitaker a rematch. He then went on to fight David Kamau, who earned a shot by losing to Chavez at a lower rate; Hector Camacho, who had proven himself so greatly at welter; and Wilfredo Rivera, who recently lost to Whitaker; Patrick Charpentier, forgivable because he was a mandatory; Julio Cesar Chavez, too little too late.

2. Did not give Quartey a rematch after winning a disputed decison against him. In the post fight interview he even said something like "...you think it was a good fight, Larry. I don't think it was a good fight, Larry." It was the best fight he'd been in at that point in his career.

3. Has yet to make up for his robbery of Sturm. I understand not fighting him for his chance to go after Hopkins. At least promote a fight for him, and get him a decent pay day.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #44
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Smith was sure to win by kayo if he tried? this is more insane then harry greb losing to sanchez.
Check out the closing seconds of round 12. It was Smith KO 10 Bruno all over again, except this time Smith really did wait too long. Tyson only survived because of the 12 round time limit which coddles pansies. Obviously, there was no possibility of Tyson hanging on through the legitimate championship distance. However, if Smith wasn't going to compete, he shouldn't have gotten paid. Buster Douglas finished the job which Smith could have and should have done a lot faster and more easily.

Foreman would have tossed little Mikey around like a rag doll, before sending him out of the ring in a coffin. Classic man versus little boy situation.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #45
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
Check out the closing seconds of round 12. It was Smith KO 10 Bruno all over again, except this time Smith really did wait too long. Tyson only survived because of the 12 round time limit which coddles pansies. Obviously, there was no possibility of Tyson hanging on through the legitimate championship distance. However, if Smith wasn't going to compete, he shouldn't have gotten paid. Buster Douglas finished the job which Smith could have and should have done a lot faster and more easily.

Foreman would have tossed little Mikey around like a rag doll, before sending him out of the ring in a coffin. Classic man versus little boy situation.
I kind of agree.

Smith-Tyson was billed with the line, "Dont blink or you'll miss it!", and fireworks were expected.
Tyson was a solid favourite because he was at the height of his hype, and Smith was so erratic. But many felt Smith would score a KO, and most expected it to be a quick blazing fight whichever way it went.

But what do you think Smith's problem was ? Did he just freeze in the face of the much-hyped Tyson ? Was it sheer intimidation ?

I remember being disappointed by both Smith and Tyson that fight. Tyson showed he was prone to frustration and simply had no answer to the clinching, and really didn't do much himself. Smith just did nothing.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum