Yeah, awesome HL. One of my favorites.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: awesome terry norris highlight reel

Such sweet memories! Terry's abilities were too long to keep track of. He simply had more ability than he knew what to do with which is why he won all of his fights so easily plus he had that violent side to him that liked to rumble with other fighters which resulted in many exciting finishes. What a legacy he has left behind. Him and Roy Jones clearly the two best fighters of his time.

Thanks Cotto
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
Such sweet memories! Terry's abilities were too long to keep track of. He simply had more ability than he knew what to do with which is why he won all of his fights so easily plus he had that violent side to him that liked to rumble with other fighters which resulted in many exciting finishes. What a legacy he has left behind. Him and Roy Jones clearly the two best fighters of his time.

Thanks Cotto
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
That's how you want to stay is speechless that way you don't have be forced into a debate. So long former big mouth
Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's how you want to stay is speechless. That way you don't have be forced into a debate. So long former big mouth
You're the most ridiclious member on Eastside Boxing. Congratulations.

Terry Norris and Roy Jones Jr the best fighters of their era? I would put Whitaker above both of them.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Thanks Cotto
He don't like what I have to say but he don't know what to do about it either.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You're the most ridiclious member on Eastside Boxing. Congratulations.

Terry Norris and Roy Jones Jr the best fighters of their era? I would put Whitaker above both of them.
Skillwise Sweetpea is one of our best and a good solid fighter but his speed is less than either Terry or Roy and he don't have the power to go along with his skills.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Skillwise Sweetpea is one of our best and a good solid fighter but his speed is less than either Terry or Roy and he don't have the power to go along with his skills.
Roy Jones Jr being regarded as the greatest of his era I don't have a problem is, but Norris was a step below some of his peers. Whitaker had a better resume, and was never starched in his entire career, unlike Norris who would be in better standing had he defeated Jackson. By the time he got Taylor, he was already a shadow of his former self due to his war with Chavez, and although you hate to admit it, Ray Leonard was shot to peices.

Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marco Antonio Barrera are all greater in my opinion.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Roy Jones Jr being regarded as the greatest of his era I don't have a problem is, but Norris was a step below some of his peers. Whitaker had a better resume, and was never starched in his entire career, unlike Norris who would be in better standing had he defeated Jackson. By the time he got Taylor, he was already a shadow of his former self due to his war with Chavez, and although you hate to admit it, Ray Leonard was shot to peices.

Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marco Antonio Barrera are all greater in my opinion.
Why would I to admit something we both know isn't true? You're the one that can't prove his own argument. Don't you remember what happened the three days ago, chicken?

The problem here is you're the one who hates admitting Terry was just that good.

FACT: Ray went in the favored 3-1 at least, something you won't acknowledge.

You hate the fact Terry didn't back down in the opening round the way you expected, the way Leonard expected. My man had balls!! Balls made of iron! You could even say Terry won it because of his lust for battle. When struck hard he didn't shrink back leonard did but came on stronger to show who the boss was.

You hate the fact that Terry had heart and made leonard back down with his speed and power. You hate the fact Norris overcame Leonard's edge in experience, making it of no effect at all.

Terry did it the hard way-without help from the media. It is Terry who held the record for title defenses. And speed wasn't a problem for Terry to deal with as it had been a major issue with Leonard throughout his career. He wasn't intimidated the way Leonard usually was or sent into retirement at the sight of another man's performances. Terry gladly took fights with the best-and won. Note the impressvie display against Meldrick in battle of the speed demons.

As for Meldrick, who says he was on the way out? I dont think a man of 25 years and holding a title is deserving of this label
Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Hector is being overlooked here. He is right up there. Not just one of the greatest of his era, but one of the all-time greats.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Terry Norris was good...Julian jackson was too strong for him though. Norris couldn't hang past the 2nd round with the someone the calibre of Jackson

BORKED
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deo volente
Terry Norris was good...Julian jackson was too strong for him though. Norris couldn't hang past the 2nd round with the someone the calibre of Jackson

BORKED

................I don't agree that it was a matter of caliber here. Unless you mean the caliber of that gun that went off on Norris' jaw.

I think the truth is that Norris was actually quite a bit more skilled than Jackson. It's just that all Jackson needed to do was land. Just the once.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #14
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan
................I don't agree that it was a matter of caliber here. Unless you mean the caliber of that gun that went off on Norris' jaw.

I think the truth is that Norris was actually quite a bit more skilled than Jackson. It's just that all Jackson needed to do was land. Just the once.
I agree Norris was more skilled as far as movement and combos. But jackson had a great chin and was content to eat some shots and stalk Norris till he landed what he needed to.

Norris never wanted a piece of Jackson after that and with good reason
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Why would I to admit something we both know isn't true? You're the one that can't prove his own argument. Don't you remember what happened the three days ago, chicken?

The problem here is you're the one who hates admitting Terry was just that good.

FACT: Ray went in the favored 3-1 at least, something you won't acknowledge.

You hate the fact Terry didn't back down in the opening round the way you expected, the way Leonard expected. My man had balls!! Balls made of iron! You could even say Terry won it because of his lust for battle. When struck hard he didn't shrink back leonard did but came on stronger to show who the boss was.

You hate the fact that Terry had heart and made leonard back down with his speed and power. You hate the fact Norris overcame Leonard's edge in experience, making it of no effect at all.

Terry did it the hard way-without help from the media. It is Terry who held the record for title defenses. And speed wasn't a problem for Terry to deal with as it had been a major issue with Leonard throughout his career. He wasn't intimidated the way Leonard usually was or sent into retirement at the sight of another man's performances. Terry gladly took fights with the best-and won. Note the impressvie display against Meldrick in battle of the speed demons.

As for Meldrick, who says he was on the way out? I dont think a man of 25 years and holding a title is deserving of this label
I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. Other members know why.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum