Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: awesome terry norris highlight reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. Other members know why.
You don't have to pretend with me. I know why. And how long you going to keep it up?
redrooster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Selfkill thinks I should just take his word for everything, I should never dare to question or think for myself.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
Why would I to admit something we both know isn't true? You're the one that can't prove his own argument. Don't you remember what happened the three days ago, chicken?

How would you suggest I prove that a fighter was shot? I can't prove that Muhammad Ali was shot when he fought larry Holmes either, but that doesn't make it untrue. It's a matter of comparing Ray's performance in the Norris fight to his performance against Hearns 10 years earlier. Throughout that fight, the bigger stronger welterweight was getting the better of the exchange and was clearly winning on all the scorecards. Instead of being stopped, Ray Leonard pulled out the victory by throwing more power shots and with his underrated finishing ability, he was able to win that fight. I am of the opinion that the Ray of '81 probably TKO's Terry Norris also, but I am unable to prove this because that would be impossible. 80% of what is said in this forum is speculation anyhow.

The problem here is you're the one who hates admitting Terry was just that good.

FACT: Ray went in the favored 3-1 at least, something you won't acknowledge.

What does this prove? Prior to his fight with Norris, Leonard had fought a 38 year old lightweight named Roberto Duran, a 31 year old Hearns who had previously been knocked the **** out by Iran Barkley, and of course Lalonde, a big punching paper champion who had Leonard down in the fight. It's worth mentioning that nobody even acknowledges these fights because they did absolutely nothing for any of the fighters legacy's. Ray hadn't fought a world class prime fighter since 1981, and since then had retired numerous times which caused ring rust. Leonard was shot way before he even stepped in the ring with Norris, he was just lucky enough to fight other fighters who were either shot (Duran, Hearns) or never any good to begin with (Lalonde, Howard).

You hate the fact Terry didn't back down in the opening round the way you expected, the way Leonard expected. My man had balls!! Balls made of iron! You could even say Terry won it because of his lust for battle. When struck hard he didn't shrink back leonard did but came on stronger to show who the boss was.

You hate the fact that Terry had heart and made leonard back down with his speed and power. You hate the fact Norris overcame Leonard's edge in experience, making it of no effect at all.

Terry did it the hard way-without help from the media. It is Terry who held the record for title defenses. And speed wasn't a problem for Terry to deal with as it had been a major issue with Leonard throughout his career. He wasn't intimidated the way Leonard usually was or sent into retirement at the sight of another man's performances. Terry gladly took fights with the best-and won. Note the impressvie display against Meldrick in battle of the speed demons.

Terry Norris deserves all the credit in the world for defeating Ray Leonard and making as many title defences as he did, but the only thing that I hate was that leonard didn't retire after Duran 2.

As for Meldrick, who says he was on the way out? I dont think a man of 25 years and holding a title is deserving of this label
Okay, Meldrick was fine.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Okay, Meldrick was fine.
Judging by your predicament I'd say you're ****ed then! How do you prove a fighter is shot when he wins all the rounds of his previous fight and can move the way he did non stop. Not to mention he gets told by the interviewer that he was absolutely masterful.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #20
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Interesting how you arranged your post to make it so that I couldnt respond to your individual responses. I never have to resort to that. But then, I'm not on the losing side either.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #21
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Selfkill is in a pretty desperate situation.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #22
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Selfkill is in a pretty desperate situation.
I'm not in a desperate situation.

Sorry about that, I don't know how else to respond so I usually just quote and then put my response in bold so you can see which is which.

He won every round against a shot Duran, who had also slowed down significantly from the Duran of Montreal. My point is, Norris was the first live opponent Leonard had fought since Marvin Hagler. He had undergone 2 retirements since that time, and had been down against lesser fighters to himself (Howard, LaLonde).

Fighting a prime Norris is a different story to looking masterful against a 38 year old Roberto Duran, who was only successful against Barkley because Barkley tried to outfight Duran.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #23
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Sorry about that, I don't know how else to respond so I usually just quote and then put my response in bold so you can see which is which.
Now I see what I'm up against.

Dude, just click on the quote button and start typing after the [/quote]
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #24
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Now I see what I'm up against.

Dude, just click on the quote button and start typing after the
Forget talking to you man if all you're going to do is mock me.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum