Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #106
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mavin Hagler Eats Bernard Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Not the fastest or sharpest tool in the shed are ya, going back a day and a dozen posts. Of course you might just be going back re-reading my posts to further your knowledge

What are you doing? You're were supposed to answer my questions weren't you?
redrooster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 AM   #107
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
What are you doing? You're were supposed to answer my questions weren't you?
Got visitors, so sticking to simple stuff. I'll answer later. By the way, you didn't answer my question at all, does he beatthe guys i named or not? Valdez, Greb and Monzon Rooster. Come clean

Oh, and you can have the "night he faced Hagler" Roldan. Starting to sound like the night he fought Tyson Douglas isn't it. Then we have the Mugabi of the night he fought Hagler
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 AM   #108
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=buzzsaw]Hopkins will not be appreciated for what he has been able to do until he has long been out of the sport. As far as how he would do vs Hagler I think he would’ve been one of Hagler’s toughest fights and he might have beaten Marvelous. Hagler was not perfect before he won the title or afterwards. His early losses (Monroe and Watts) and his struggles with Seales are proof that it was just not age that was exposed vs Duran and Leonard. Hagler’s ranking as an all time great like others has climbed with time. Hagler knocked out Hearns because he had no other choice. The damage Tommy laid on him put Marvin in a “Kill or be Killed” gear, as far as a stratigic ko I would have to classify it as more of a epic contest of survival. Hopkins would not need to knock out Hagler he might be able to outbox him. As far as Roldan being such a greater challenger then those that Hopkins has faced I’m not so sure about that. My friend “Irish” Teddy Mann fought him tough shortly before Roldan fought Hagler and ...>>>>

Well, I know he has a lot of people rooting for him now, trying mightily to to bolster his image even as I have taken apart leonard's image. But it took me years to accomplish the deed and even then, my argument was foolproof and having tons of material to back me up didn't hurt either.

But with Bernard, it's a much tougher sell because you have to point to Hagler's last fight and argue that was the typical pattern he set for all his fights-giving away rounds, letting the opponent into his head, instead of admitting the truth the way I would have ie; that Hagler was a shell who took the fight for the money and never put on the gloves again.

That argument would never work with me. You can even ask John Thomas.

I'll admit Hopkins wouldn't have had a problem with the Hagler of 1987 but who wouldn't, considering his condition?

How can you expose a fighter who's having his last fight??

Did Larry Holmes expose Ali as being an impotent, lifeless fighter? Did Willard expose Jack Johnson? Did Mustafa Wassaja expose Bob Foster?

The fact is, no one, not even myself has seen Hagler in the Seales or the Monroe fights except for the short work Hagler made of both of 'em. Why, you could practically see stars spinning around Monroe's head as he got to his feet in the rubber match.

And Seales? Can you even call that a fight?

Last edited by redrooster; 07-29-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 AM   #109
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Got visitors, so sticking to simple stuff. I'll answer later. By the way, you didn't answer my question at all, does he beatthe guys i named or not? Valdez, Greb and Monzon Rooster. Come clean

Oh, and you can have the "night he faced Hagler" Roldan. Starting to sound like the night he fought Tyson Douglas isn't it. Then we have the Mugabi of the night he fought Hagler
You must have visitors every time I ask you a question. In the time it took for you to write this you could have answered it.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #110
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

John, I was curious. While you're responding each time to me, do you tell your guests that you have to excuse yourself because you need to use the restroom? What kind of excuse are you using?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #111
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You must have visitors every time I ask you a question. In the time it took for you to write this you could have answered it.

You still haven't answered the question

Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #112
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You still haven't answered the question

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:35 AM   #113
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
I asked first

Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #114
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I asked first

I don't care.

* Inching my way to post # 3,000
Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #115
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I don't care.

* Inching my way to post # 3,000
Count all your id's and it's closer to 10 000

Old 07-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #116
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
John, I was curious. While you're responding each time to me, do you tell your guests that you have to excuse yourself because you need to use the restroom? What kind of excuse are you using?
Well the guest is mom and i just go spend a few minutes in here while she reads. If i answer a deep post it might take 10 mins, a bit too long.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #117
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well the guest is mom and i just go spend a few minutes in here while she reads. If i answer a deep post it might take 10 mins, a bit too long.
10 minutes to come up with an answer? Deep posts? Like you said, your mind's blank.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #118
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

I can almost see you sweating John Thomas.

Pushed to your limits by the superior intellect of Redrooster.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #119
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well, I know he has a lot of people rooting for him now, trying mightily to to bolster his image even as I have taken apart leonard's image. But it took me years to accomplish the deed and even then, my argument was foolproof and having tons of material to back me up didn't hurt either.
The only image you damaged was your own due to the absurd lengths you go to discrediting Ray. If anything you've raised the appreciation of the man

Quote:
I'll admit Hopkins wouldn't have had a problem with the Hagler of 1987 but who wouldn't, considering his condition?

How can you expose a fighter who's having his last fight??

Did Larry Holmes expose Ali as being an impotent, lifeless fighter? Did Willard expose Jack Johnson? Did Mustafa Wassaja expose Bob Foster?
It's posts like these yet again that permanently destroy your credibility. Biased sly posts that surely show you take us for stupids.

Bob Foster was 4 years removed from the title. The man was 40 odd years of age. Ali was a year removed from the title, had lost his second to last fight against an ordinary fighter and was about 38 years old. By contrast Hagler was the reigning world middleweight champion, was 32 years old and was on about a 37 fight winning streak along with about a dozen successful defenses.

Smokescreens like this just aren't going to cut the mustard sorry.

Quote:
The fact is, no one, not even myself has seen Hagler in the Seales or the Monroe fights except for the short work Hagler made of both of 'em. Why, you could practically see stars spinning around Monroe's head as he got to his feet in the rubber match.

And Seales? Can you even call that a fight?
Um, somebody better tell you Seales fought Hagler 3 times and one of them was a draw.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:31 AM   #120
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

I haven't had this much fun since I squeezed SRL off the forum.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum