Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #16
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hopkins- Jones 2 Can Now Happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
My bad meant high risk
Ohh... that makes sense, then.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 12:23 AM   #17
hipnusol

I think that Roy said that to get under Bernard's skin. If the money is right, he'd make the fight in a second. I've only seen the last 2 rounds of the Jones-Hanshaw fight and it was evident that Roy's lost a few steps but I think in no way is he completely shot. Bernard would try and rough him up but I don't think he has the power to knock Roy out. Bernard may be able to get a decision over him but Roy would go into the fight confident and might be able to pull this one out. I wouldn't count ol' Roy out. This is probably one of the only fights that makes sense for either fighter. It would completely re-establish Roy if he won and Bernard would avenge a loss to a career long rival that has haunted him for years. It just makes sense...
hipnusol is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #18
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipnusol
I think that Roy said that to get under Bernard's skin. If the money is right, he'd make the fight in a second. I've only seen the last 2 rounds of the Jones-Hanshaw fight and it was evident that Roy's lost a few steps but I think in no way is he completely shot. Bernard would try and rough him up but I don't think he has the power to knock Roy out. Bernard may be able to get a decision over him but Roy would go into the fight confident and might be able to pull this one out. I wouldn't count ol' Roy out. This is probably one of the only fights that makes sense for either fighter. It would completely re-establish Roy if he won and Bernard would avenge a loss to a career long rival that has haunted him for years. It just makes sense...
Well, it's not going to "re-establish" Roy, he's too old and it's too late for that. It will, however, be a massive statement in my eyes. I don't think he can win a rematch anymore, though. Bernard will have a great plan, and the masterful improvisational Roy won't have the speed to outslick Hopkins anymore. It's just going to be a rough, brutal affair, in which Roy doesn't get his way at all.

I understand why both would want this fight, though, and won't miss it if it is made.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #19
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Jones ran from Hopkins, Toney and Michalczewski for years. I would pick Hopkins to beat Jones.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 03:53 AM   #20
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer
Jones ran from Hopkins, Toney and Michalczewski for years. I would pick Hopkins to beat Jones.

Hopkins had many oppertunities, not going overseas to fight is hardly running, if DM wanted a shot at the best fighter in the world he should of had more insentive. He embarassed Toney, wanting to move on is hardly running. You might have a case if Hopkins didn't price himself out, if DM actually wanted to fight, and Toney didn't loose almost every round in a complet boxing lesson. You make it sound like Roy didn't dominate two of the fighters you mentioned. I guess hate is a underestimated emotion afterall.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 04:15 AM   #21
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

I'm sure both fighters want this but Bernard clearly wants Calzaghe more and for good reason. A win over Calzaghe is way bigger than a win over Jones at this point and Bernard has a very good chance against Calzaghe. I wouldn't want that fight to happen either because I'm pretty sure that Jones will lose it.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 AM   #22
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its got to be 60-40 Hopkins with Roy getting some merchandise deal on top
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #23
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I hope this fight does not happen. I don't want these 2 opportunistic ****heads to cash in on something that they should have done long ago. A fight between them now meatna bout 1% of what it was circa 2002 but due to their greed, they deprived the fans.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #24
etong_08
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Whoever wins, I hope both these guys could now retire after that fight.. =)
etong_08 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #25
0-1

vCash:

Calzaghe will be busy fighting Kessler, why not have Hopkins-Jones 2 in the meantime, and the winners can face each other? No way should a Calzaghe fight be considered an obstacle when he isn't available!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:04 AM   #26
Tanner
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: "This guy'll kill ya to death, inside of three rounds."

Well, I guess it can't happen now since RJJ is gonna fight Tito next...
Tanner is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #27
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Meh, Roy is shot. He will lose to Tito before Hop gets a chance to end his career... Sounds to me like people just want to see Jones get hurt. Hop can never truly avenge his loss against a shot Jones, and we never got to see a peak Jones vs a peak Hop, since Hop matured so damned slowly and the fight wasn't made years ago.. The opportunity came and went already..

All thats left are a bunch of Jones Haters who want to see him get hurt and embarassed so they can talk about how over-rated and crappy Jones is.. Typical haters.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #28
Tanner
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: "This guy'll kill ya to death, inside of three rounds."

Tito started at 147 and RJJ at 160...they have both moved up but Jones is the bigger man to begin with...
Tanner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum