boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #31
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,982
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer
Nowadays, Margarito probably beats De La Hoya.

The DLH of 8-10 years ago? I don't see Tony beating him.
The Margarito of today barely beat Joshua Clottey and got schooled by Paul Williams. Oh wait he beat Cintron again so we have to pretend he's the best
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #32
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
The Margarito of today barely beat Joshua Clottey and got schooled by Paul Williams. Oh wait he beat Cintron again so we have to pretend he's the best
And DLH was schooled by Felix Sturm.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #33
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 75
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

I think most guys are better when someone is coming for them because they don't have to take the lead.....

Look at Joe Calzaghe, for instance. He struggled against Kessler for a little while but once Kessler got desperate Joe looked awesome. The Hopkins fight showed Bernard trying to fight like Mayweather - and Calzaghe struggled throughout.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #34
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 75
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Margarito was NOT schooled by Williams - having given away the first half of the fight through sheer laziness he was too far behind.

Was the Sturm fight that bad - I have only seen clips?

Perhaps that is why German fighters don't like fighting in the UK and US for fear of being ripped off.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #35
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,982
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
And DLH was schooled by Felix Sturm.
A fat out of shape, and far out of his best weight class Oscar got beat by Sturm....Margo tried to move up to 154lbs and lost to Santos. We can play this game all day. The truth is in his prime, Delahoya would ****ing murder Margo. Margo is way too easy to hit.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #36
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
I think most guys are better when someone is coming for them because they don't have to take the lead.....

Look at Joe Calzaghe, for instance. He struggled against Kessler for a little while but once Kessler got desperate Joe looked awesome. The Hopkins fight showed Bernard trying to fight like Mayweather - and Calzaghe struggled throughout.
It's because of distance. A guy who waits on you has an advantage because you fall in after punching, which shortens the distance for him. Shorter distance means the punch gets there faster and usually by surprise.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #37
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
A fat out of shape, and far out of his best weight class Oscar got beat by Sturm....Margo tried to move up to 154lbs and lost to Santos. We can play this game all day. The truth is in his prime, Delahoya would ****ing murder Margo. Margo is way too easy to hit.
Oh please. Now lets make excuses for the Golden Prancer but we'll consider Margarito was 100% for Clottey, right?

Double standards.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #38
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,982
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Oh please. Now lets make excuses for the Golden Prancer but we'll consider Margarito was 100% for Clottey, right?

Double standards.
He was 100% for Williams though. And it's not an excuse, its a fact...the fight was at 2 weightclasses above where this hypothetical match would be fought. who has Margo ever fought close to the level of Hoya? Thank you, nobody.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #39
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
He was 100% for Williams though. And it's not an excuse, its a fact...the fight was at 2 weightclasses above where this hypothetical match would be fought. who has Margo ever fought close to the level of Hoya? Thank you, nobody.
**** you and your dumb levels. This is boxing it isn't a classroom. You live in the past with your tongue squarely on that frauds sack. Who did DLH ever beat convincingly at the top level? And I mean guys his own size not midgits. Anyone at the top level gives him a go. Just because he climbed in the ring with those guys doesn't make him a great. He still lost!
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #40
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGLEWOOD CA
Posts: 11,426
vCash: 740
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
**** you and your dumb levels. This is boxing it isn't a classroom. You live in the past with your tongue squarely on that frauds sack. Who did DLH ever beat convincingly at the top level? And I mean guys his own size not midgits. Anyone at the top level gives him a go. Just because he climbed in the ring with those guys doesn't make him a great. He still lost!
ODLH eats Margaritos for breakfast.
IsaL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #41
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,982
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
**** you and your dumb levels. This is boxing it isn't a classroom. You live in the past with your tongue squarely on that frauds sack. Who did DLH ever beat convincingly at the top level? And I mean guys his own size not midgits. Anyone at the top level gives him a go. Just because he climbed in the ring with those guys doesn't make him a great. He still lost!


You're right he never beat anyone close to the level of golden Johnson. How about Vargas at 154lbs, a man that would ass **** Margarito, Cintron and Clottey on the same night. He beat sugar in the rematch as well and Quartey was a much better fighter then Margo also.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #42
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: INGLEWOOD CA
Posts: 11,426
vCash: 740
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg


You're right he never beat anyone close to the level of golden Johnson. How about Vargas at 154lbs, a man that would ass **** Margarito, Cintron and Clottey on the same night. He beat sugar in the rematch as well and Quartey was a much better fighter then Margo also.
Chavez at 100-1-1 was much better than Today's Margarito. And I like Margarito a lot.
IsaL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #43
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 289
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
And DLH was schooled by Felix Sturm.
That Sturm beats Marg any day
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #44
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg


You're right he never beat anyone close to the level of golden Johnson. How about Vargas at 154lbs, a man that would ass **** Margarito, Cintron and Clottey on the same night. He beat sugar in the rematch as well and Quartey was a much better fighter then Margo also.
Vargas would ass **** the 147 crew? Is that right? I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that you are full of ****!

The Mosley and Quartey fights were close, competitive fights. And you could also easily argue that he lost those fights. Besides Vargas, who did DLH really stand out against at the top level?
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #45
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros
That Sturm beats Marg any day
He beat DLH too, so what is your point?

Who would win between Williams and Sturm?
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015