Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #46
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

The Whitaker Hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Quartey hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Trinidad Hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Mosley Hoya fought twice kicks Marg's ass twice, the Vargas Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass, the Mayorga Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass, the....dum, du dum du dum..Mayweather Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass.

Get the pattern?
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #47
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "De La Hoya feasts on brawlers and only struggles with slick boxers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
Chavez at 100-1-1 was much better than Today's Margarito. And I like Margarito a lot.
P4P Chavez blows Margarito away. No argument about that. But Chavez was on his way out and was way too small to compete with the big Golden Girl. That is a fact, and is also why DLH is disliked.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #48
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Vargas would ass rape the 147 crew? Is that right? I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that you are full of shit!

The Mosley and Quartey fights were close, competitive fights. And you could also easily argue that he lost those fights. Besides Vargas, who did DLH really stand out against at the top level?
I'm full of shit when I say the Vargas that fought Oscar would beat Margo, Cintron and Clottey??? Ok.

Oscar fought elite fighters his entire career and was never outclassed or outfought. He lost close decisions and was KOd by a guy who then moved up to Lt Heavy and is one of the greates Middleweights of all time. Who has Margo been in the ring with that is close to Oscar in terms of skill, experience or overall ability?
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #49
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros
The Whitaker Hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Quartey hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Trinidad Hoya fought kicks Margs ass, the Mosley Hoya fought twice kicks Marg's ass twice, the Vargas Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass, the Mayorga Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass, the....dum, du dum du dum..Mayweather Hoya fought kicks Marg's ass.

Get the pattern?
I do. You are living in the past. It's quite obvious with comments like that.

What you are plainly suggesting is that the whole division today is weaker than it was then. Which I strongly disagree with.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #50
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He beat DLH too, so what is your point?

Who would win between Williams and Sturm?
I would pick the Sturm of that day. Williams isn't gonna be shit when he's not fighting welterweights.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #51
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
ODLH eats Margaritos for breakfast.
Right NOW Margo eat's oscar for breakfast,lunch and dinner
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #52
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros
I would pick the Sturm of that day. Williams isn't gonna be shit when he's not fighting welterweights.
We'll see. Personally I don't think so.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #53
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I do. You are living in the past. It's quite obvious with comments like that.

What you are plainly suggesting is that the whole division today is weaker than it was then. Which I strongly disagree with.
If Cotto, my favorite of this generation had trouble with an old Mosley, and the P4P#1 could not wipe the floor clean with a Hoya who was the same age as Chavez was against him, then there might be something to that generation being a bit better than the current.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #54
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
I'm full of shit when I say the Vargas that fought Oscar would beat Margo, Cintron and Clottey??? Ok.

Oscar fought elite fighters his entire career and was never outclassed or outfought.
Define elite fighter, dumbass. Those guys were all top guys in their era. Does that make sense to you? They were in the same ranking system, the same fights, the same projected potential of this crop today. Nothing has changed. Only nostalgic morons like you would suggest that era was something else. If anything that era was helped by DLH's star power. If DLH didn't exist at 147 would it have got as much attention as it did?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #55
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
P4P Chavez blows Margarito away. No argument about that. But Chavez was on his way out and was way too small to compete with the big Golden Girl. That is a fact, and is also why DLH is disliked.
Funny, Chavez was P4P when ODLH fought him. And ODLH moved up and fought Chavez at 140, not the other way around.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #56
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
We'll see. Personally I don't think so.
if williams hadn't kicked margo's ass you wouldn't give a shit about him.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #57
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Funny, Chavez was P4P when ODLH fought him.
No he wasn't. They fought in June 1996.

Magazines, such as The Ring, hadn't had him on the p4p rankings since 1994.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #58
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Funny, Chavez was P4P when ODLH fought him. And ODLH moved up and fought Chavez at 140, not the other way around.
Wait don't move too fast for Ambition, he takes a little while longer to learn then the other special kids
Old 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #59
Paulie Walnuts
Eastside Capo

I would still take DLH over Margarito everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, shot or not. Give Oscar an opponent that would be bold enough to come to him and it would be the perfect excuse he would need to knock the guys head off.

Dont let Oscar's recent fights fool you, hes always had trouble with boxers. In his prime or otherwise.
Paulie Walnuts is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #60
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Ambition loves to point out that Oscar fought smaller guys....but he's too stupid to realize that Margarito is almost always the bigger man in the ring (Williams and Cintron are big also) because he has a huge frame and could probably more comfortably fight at 154 or 160 but his style doesn't prohibit success against guys his own size.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum