Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

So I did cardio for an hour to start off my week on monday. Then tuesday I did weight training after 1/2 hour of shadow boxing. Wednesday I did sit ups and ab work after a little heavy and speed bag. Nothing extremely intense for me in there. Obviously I got good workouts but I never feel that I over-did anything. But then all of a sudden on thursday I am just extremely tired and feel like I hit a wall. I got plenty of sleep every day too. I figure this is my body telling me it needs recovery time, but three days in a row of working out is not "over-doing" it. I just started doing boxing oriented workouts about a month ago since im interested in learning the sweet science, and was curious if any of you guys ever just seem to hit a wall and get really tired for a day like I apparently did...?
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

I should also mention that I have been eating really good too - no junk food, only well balanced meals.
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
0.5sj719
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

I get like that sometimes too, but usually I dont get too tired. Could be you need some more vitamins/supplements, could be anything and nothing but keep working through it and dont give up.
0.5sj719 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

I started workouts / boxing type workouts about 3 months ago too and its happend to me a couple times aswell. My meals are pretty well balanced but dont know about you but i think its the fruit side which is lacking and i think its causing everyso often to burn out a bit. But also i think when youre relatively new it does happen. My friend who does alot of martial arts and rugby and christ loadsa sports lol he said it used to happen to him but he never gets fatigue anymore. Important thing is not to give up altogether so you had a bad day so what just get back into it next day!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Maybe try a multi vitamin. Are you drinking enough water? If not, it can make you feel run down.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
Rakim
Captain ****wit
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Walking gingerly.
Posts: 1
vCash: 6000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

I have 'one of those days' every day.
Rakim is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
I should also mention that I have been eating really good too - no junk food, only well balanced meals.
are you eating enuff you prob just need to eat more or sleep more
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
So I did cardio for an hour to start off my week on monday. Then tuesday I did weight training after 1/2 hour of shadow boxing. Wednesday I did sit ups and ab work after a little heavy and speed bag. Nothing extremely intense for me in there. Obviously I got good workouts but I never feel that I over-did anything. But then all of a sudden on thursday I am just extremely tired and feel like I hit a wall. I got plenty of sleep every day too. I figure this is my body telling me it needs recovery time, but three days in a row of working out is not "over-doing" it. I just started doing boxing oriented workouts about a month ago since im interested in learning the sweet science, and was curious if any of you guys ever just seem to hit a wall and get really tired for a day like I apparently did...?
its called working your ass off in the gym keep it up, use that time there when you get dog tired to dig deep and keep going that is what will make a difference when you spar and fight keep up the good work and do not be affriad to push yourself to the limit
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
are you eating enuff you prob just need to eat more or sleep more
Have you boxed before? if not than how would you know?

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 03-30-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Vitamins sounds like a good idea - ill pick some up. And I actually work at a water plant so trust me I get plenty of h2o
Thanks for the replies - I feel really good today so im going to pick it up and go strong through the weekend!
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
Vitamins sounds like a good idea - ill pick some up. And I actually work at a water plant so trust me I get plenty of h2o
Thanks for the replies - I feel really good today so im going to pick it up and go strong through the weekend!
Make sure you eat enough, about 5 or 6 small meals a day two snacks in between, remember if your doing all of your road work and are in the gym every day, you are buring that food you do eat so if your not eating enough your body will burn out becuase it has no fuel to keep it going.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #12
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
Make sure you eat enough, about 5 or 6 small meals a day two snacks in between, remember if your doing all of your road work and are in the gym every day, you are buring that food you do eat so if your not eating enough your body will burn out becuase it has no fuel to keep it going.
Allright maybe I do need to eat more. Currently I have been on a pretty strict schedule of:

bowl of cereal in the morning with a protein shake
8oz salmon (or chicken) with a cup of brocolli and a potatoe
protein bar and fruit
8oz salmon (or chicken) with a cup of brocolli and a potatoe

Is this not enough? Cause to be honest I am going to bed VERY hungry sometimes. I found this diet on a weightlifting forum and was told it is pretty good for shaving off fat. I started at 13% bodyfat weighing 195 and am currently down to 184 after only a month, so I have shaved off 11 pounds of fat so far. My goal is to box at 175. Thanks for the info so far!
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #13
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
Allright maybe I do need to eat more. Currently I have been on a pretty strict schedule of:

bowl of cereal in the morning with a protein shake
8oz salmon (or chicken) with a cup of brocolli and a potatoe
protein bar and fruit
8oz salmon (or chicken) with a cup of brocolli and a potatoe

Is this not enough? Cause to be honest I am going to bed VERY hungry sometimes. I found this diet on a weightlifting forum and was told it is pretty good for shaving off fat. I started at 13% bodyfat weighing 195 and am currently down to 184 after only a month, so I have shaved off 11 pounds of fat so far. My goal is to box at 175. Thanks for the info so far!
as I said you want to have 5-6 small meals with snacks inbetween here is a diet I have my kid on. (im about to charge you all for my shit Yo!)

1) Eat every 2-3 hours. You donít need to eat a full meal every 2-3 hours but you do need to eat 6-8 meals and snacks in order to rev up the metabolism.
2) Ingest complete, lean protein each time you eat. Are you eating something that is an animal or comes from an animal Ė every time you feed yourself? If not, make the change to improve metabolism and body comp.
3) Ingest vegetables every time you eat. Thatís right, every time you eat (every 2-3 hours), in addition to a complete, lean protein source, you need to eat vegetables. You can toss in a piece of fruit here and there as well. But donít skip the veggies.
4) If want to eat a carbohydrate thatís not a fruit or a vegetable (this includes things like sugars, sweets, rice, pasta, potatoes, quinoa, etc), you can Ė but youíll need to save it for breakfast - or until after youíve exercised.
5) Ditch the calorie containing drinks (including fruit juice). In fact, all of your drinks should come from non-calorie containing beverages. Fruit juice, alcoholic drinks, and sodas Ė these are all to be removed or minimized. Your absolute best choices are water and green tea.
6) Focus on whole foods. Most of your dietary intake should come from whole foods. There are a few times where supplement drinks and shakes are useful. But most of the time, youíll do best with whole, largely unprocessed foods.
7) Have 10% foods. 6 meals per day - 7 days a week is 42 meals. That means you need to be on track 38 times, but can have a cheat 4 times. We'll cut this back closer to the fight.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #14
magik10
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

I started boxing as a workout recently also and went through the same thing. However, from lots of weight training in the past, one thing I've learned is to push through that point.

Your body will want to do what is comfortable for it and it'll give you signs of protest as such. You'll have to force it above those plateau's.
magik10 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone ever have "one of those days"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
as I said you want to have 5-6 small meals with snacks inbetween here is a diet I have my kid on. (im about to charge you all for my shit Yo!)

1) Eat every 2-3 hours. You donít need to eat a full meal every 2-3 hours but you do need to eat 6-8 meals and snacks in order to rev up the metabolism.
2) Ingest complete, lean protein each time you eat. Are you eating something that is an animal or comes from an animal Ė every time you feed yourself? If not, make the change to improve metabolism and body comp.
3) Ingest vegetables every time you eat. Thatís right, every time you eat (every 2-3 hours), in addition to a complete, lean protein source, you need to eat vegetables. You can toss in a piece of fruit here and there as well. But donít skip the veggies.
4) If want to eat a carbohydrate thatís not a fruit or a vegetable (this includes things like sugars, sweets, rice, pasta, potatoes, quinoa, etc), you can Ė but youíll need to save it for breakfast - or until after youíve exercised.
5) Ditch the calorie containing drinks (including fruit juice). In fact, all of your drinks should come from non-calorie containing beverages. Fruit juice, alcoholic drinks, and sodas Ė these are all to be removed or minimized. Your absolute best choices are water and green tea.
6) Focus on whole foods. Most of your dietary intake should come from whole foods. There are a few times where supplement drinks and shakes are useful. But most of the time, youíll do best with whole, largely unprocessed foods.
7) Have 10% foods. 6 meals per day - 7 days a week is 42 meals. That means you need to be on track 38 times, but can have a cheat 4 times. We'll cut this back closer to the fight.
Wow thanks for the info. Funny you mentioned green tea cause I just bought some this last weekend! Ill start using it and change my diet. Thanks again!
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013