Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Doomas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 680
Default Puking

Any of you guess ever puked after hard and intence workout? And can someone explain why does body react that way?
Doomas is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Puking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomas
Any of you guess ever puked after hard and intence workout? And can someone explain why does body react that way?
Yes, I have no idea why it reacts that way, usally because of the heat, here is a tip when your in the gym you notice that you start to feel like your going to be sick, grab some cold water and pour it on the back of your neck it takes that **** away, beleive me it works.
The first time I have ever puked at a boxing club was at Wildcard, its so ****ing hot in there, its above a laundry mat and with them dryers rolling I doubt that helps, after doing Mitts I got sick, and Bo, one of the trainers there gave me that advice that I just gave you, its worked every time.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I get to the point where I feel like im going to puke but it doesn't happen. On monday, my first day back to the gym in 3-4 months I started seeing spots during the cardio workout. I kept going and then I lost vision and all I could see were black dots everywhere. Was messed up ><
QuestionKid7 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I am telling you pour cold water on the back of your neck inbetween rounds it works.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Doomas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
I am telling you pour cold water on the back of your neck inbetween rounds it works.
Thanks for advice, Ill try to do this next time.
Doomas is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

i have the first couple time iv bin , (im a newbie) specially after sprints, id say im reasonably fit theres someguys that have been going months and they have to stop and rest when i can just keep going, but even so i have felt sick a couple times but i have no food in my stomach when i go cos i go straight from work and dont get in till bout 9 o'clock at night and eat then. So i feel sick sometimes but got nothing to chuck up i suppose.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
SchweitzerMan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1423

I did the first time I went to a boxing gym. They had me repeating the same exercise over and over and after almost 30 minutes, it started to get to me. That and the fact that I ate a half hour before going didn't help either. Haven't puked since
SchweitzerMan is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member

You puke because you've sustained pure over-working out, not a bad thing, it just that means you've gone over the 100% physiological limit. The only organ not being used during a work out, is your digestive system, and the body knows it. Once the blood vacates the unused organs to reach other organs (or muscles) which are in overkill, the stomach goes through a state of eschemia (absence of blood supply to the organ) and the stomach collapses temporarily. Once an organ collapses, everything will vacate it. It's no different to observing a balloon suddenly deflate, pushing all the contents out of it.
People who do fist *** can also go into eschemia (forced all the blood out of the organ from too much internal pressure) , either in the uterus or the rectum, and you get a prolapse. Same thing to your stomach. Nice topic eh?
Pugsley is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #9
Sagefrancis
Journeyman

Location: I dont know where I am, but I know how fast im going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley
You puke because you've sustained pure over-working out, not a bad thing, it just that means you've gone over the 100% physiological limit. The only organ not being used during a work out, is your digestive system, and the body knows it. Once the blood vacates the unused organs to reach other organs (or muscles) which are in overkill, the stomach goes through a state of eschemia (absence of blood supply to the organ) and the stomach collapses temporarily. Once an organ collapses, everything will vacate it. It's no different to observing a balloon suddenly deflate, pushing all the contents out of it.
People who do fist *** can also go into eschemia (forced all the blood out of the organ from too much internal pressure) , either in the uterus or the rectum, and you get a prolapse. Same thing to your stomach. Nice topic eh?
what a brilliant post. good answer
Sagefrancis is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley
Jesus Christ. Nice post.

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one this happens to. For awhile I thought I was just a weakling. I've never actually puked, but I'll get the dry heaves. Doesn't happen that often, though. The only thing I've found that cures it is a little rest. Sucks, and brings the workout to a dead stop, but I think it's better to take a 10 minute break and come back 100 percent than keep going and do a half-assed workout the rest of the time.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nerves ... thats what makes me spew when I'm doing intense sporting workouts.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #12
S0uthPa111
Brawlic Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
Yes, I have no idea why it reacts that way, usally because of the heat, here is a tip when your in the gym you notice that you start to feel like your going to be sick, grab some cold water and pour it on the back of your neck it takes that **** away, beleive me it works.
The first time I have ever puked at a boxing club was at Wildcard, its so ****ing hot in there, its above a laundry mat and with them dryers rolling I doubt that helps, after doing Mitts I got sick, and Bo, one of the trainers there gave me that advice that I just gave you, its worked every time.
wicked... ever spared with manny?
S0uthPa111 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #13
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've never actually puked while working out. If I start feeling sick, I immediately take a break. I don't think it's healthy to keep going till you vomit. I think everyone should be able to sense their breaking point and should know when to stop.
average_joe is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 06:56 AM   #14
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

I was told that it was a build up of lactate in the body which makes ur body react in this way, as soon as it happens cease training immediately.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #15
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

I Spewed After My First Figh... Dont Know Why Though
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing