boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #31
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone score Ali-Frazier II For Joe?

What were the punch stat numbers in this fight? I'd like to watch it and score it for myself.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #32
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
What were the punch stat numbers in this fight? I'd like to watch it and score it for myself.

You donīt need it, the well-known objective poster C.M. Clay II did score it 9-2-1 for Ali...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #33
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
You donīt need it, the well-known objective poster C.M. Clay II did score it 9-2-1 for Ali...
I think C.M. Clay owes us a bit more than that. Can he tell us which two rounds he gave to Frazier?
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #34
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
I think C.M. Clay owes us a bit more than that. Can he tell us which two rounds he gave to Frazier?
To be honest, I think he really scored the bout 12-0 for Ali, but he gave 2 rounds Frazier, because otherwise other people would notice that he can´t be taken serious when it comes to Ali (as if someone takes him serious here on ESB)...

back to topic, it wasn´t such a good fight like the 1st or the 3rd, but it was definitely a close fight with most rounds being pretty close, so it could have gone either way. A Frazier- win wouldn´t have been a robbery or so, but if I remember correctly I scored 6-5-1 for Ali...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #35
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Frazier is happy the judges got it wrong and the boys at the New York Times seem to have agreed...anyone else?
Ray Charles,Stevie Wonder ,and Jose Feliciano !
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 AM   #36
True Writer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Like many Ali fights, Ali Vs Fraizer 2 was ****ing boring. I could not sit through that again.
True Writer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 06:10 AM   #37
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict

I scored it 8-4, Ali.
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #38
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
ali/frazier II was not a world class effort by either faction. still i had frazier winning.

as great as he was, ali was amplified by the media. not quite a media creation, but media-subsidized, perhaps.
Oh please. This whole anti-Ali phase is insane. No, I'm not jumping on you because you're "bringing down Ali". However, it has recently become a "thing to do" to talk down about Ali a bit, and it just seems like people jump on the bandwagon. People can't just say "I scored the fight for Frazier" or something, it has to be, "I thought Frazier won.. Ali is overrated and was a media creation ra ra ra". It's annoying.

If you think Frazier won the fight - you're an idiot - but degrading Ali doesn't have to follow!

[note: This is not directed solely at you, it's at the trend in general, you are a mere example.]

**Cue the Marciano crew to jump in and tell me I'm a nuthugger and that I don't let anyone have an opinion that goes against Ali. Yeah, okay guys... ***
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #39
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes' Jab
I scored it 8-4, Ali.
Me too. Can't remember what rounds, because I don't like the fight and haven't seen it in ages. Too many clinches.
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #40
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
You have a similar score like me, I had it 12-0 rounds for Ali!
I actually had it 13-0 for Ali! I gave him an extra round for knocking out Frazier in the 2nd round.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 AM   #41
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

First fight was close but fair to Frazier. Second fight was close but fair to Ali. Third fight was close and it was all on the line and Ali won down the stretch.

First and second was about who fought their fight that little bit more. The third was just pure fight and in the end something had to give.

Ali bent the rules no doubt but so did Joe hence the fact Ali got a haemorrage in his hip (first fight) from all Frazier body shots that strayed low when he had Ali on the ropes.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #42
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Wow this is a old one.

But yeah as said plenty of times, Ali won the 2nd fight. Yes it was ugly, but than again, not all of em can be classics I suppose.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #43
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ali won this fight because the boxing hierarchy made sure of that. If he had lost two to Frazier, it would've changed his legacy for sure. This fight was closer than the scorecards indicated and I strongly think it could've gone either way. Red Smith and Dave Anderson both had Frazier winning this fight. I've heard some say that Frazier was robbed in this fight but I personally don't think either man did enough to win decisively. Ali did his best to make it a non-fight by mugging, hugging and holding Frazier whenever he could. It was bad enough that any other referee might have taken a point away from Ali. With that being said, Ali might've had Frazier on the floor in the second round after the right hand he landed. Perez was really off that night.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #44
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by round15
Ali won this fight because the boxing hierarchy made sure of that. If he had lost two to Frazier, it would've changed his legacy for sure. This fight was closer than the scorecards indicated and I strongly think it could've gone either way. Red Smith and Dave Anderson both had Frazier winning this fight. I've heard some say that Frazier was robbed in this fight but I personally don't think either man did enough to win decisively. Ali did his best to make it a non-fight by mugging, hugging and holding Frazier whenever he could. It was bad enough that any other referee might have taken a point away from Ali. With that being said, Ali might've had Frazier on the floor in the second round after the right hand he landed. Perez was really off that night.
Intersting information. Welcome to the board Round 15.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #45
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by round15
If I remember correctly Red Smith was known to be anti-Ali. Thing is, you have to be to score that fight any other way than in Ali's favour. He controlled it and fought his fight. Sure, he did a lot of holding, but Joe didn't seem to mind as much during the fight. He rested himself in most of those clinches. Compare to the first and third fight. Ali did as much holding in those two, but Joe just wouldn't have any of it and often shrugged him off or punished him in close.

Ali just had Joe's number in that fight. Stop whining about it. The first one was actually a lot closer, even if Joe won it fair and square.
Bokaj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum