Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #31
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Katsidis as compared to Mundine

Isn't it funny though how now everyone loves Mike lol like i know many were like many who have followed him for years now but like on tonights Oz boxing card they didn't even hype his fight right?

Now all through tonight "Well he should fight in close like katsidis" and all this talk makes me sick. FCUKING team jumping assholes! They don't even talk about the guy and then he puts on a great show and they act like they have always loved him as many are on the chat sites now lol.

good to see people finally follow him but watching tonights card made me sick hearing how great he was when they never gave a 5hit about him more then a week ago.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #32
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Yes, Katsidis has gained a lot more exposure particularly in the mecca of boxing, USA. He is willing to travel and is willing to make for exciting fights even if it does mean taking a lot of punishment. Mundine is way ahead of him though in terms of boxing skills and even accomplishments, beaten the better opposition.

I think people realy have a hard time believing that Mundine is the best Aussie fighter out so are looking for any other hopefuls they can jump on a bandwagon to.

The thing with Vic is that it's not only that he lost, but how and who he lost to. He was really exposed in that fight against a guy noone really knew before that fight. If you look at Nonito Donaires' record you see he had never fought any top opposition before and had been fighting journeyman type fighters. He was obviously a better fighter than his record showed though and only needed the oppurtunity and certainly took it. Possibly the upset of the year and KO of the year as well.
Before the fight people who had seen Donaire fight were predicting an upset. I would certainly rate him as a better fighter then Siaca thats for sure. Vi Darchinyian was a true world champion, who beat the champion to get the belt. He defended his belt multiple times and only has one loss to his name. I still rate him above Mundine at this point, who has had more then his fair share of set backs. I love it how you guys ignore mundines losses but point out those of others. You can't have it both ways mate.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #33
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Isn't it funny though how now everyone loves Mike lol like i know many were like many who have followed him for years now but like on tonights Oz boxing card they didn't even hype his fight right?

Now all through tonight "Well he should fight in close like katsidis" and all this talk makes me sick. FCUKING team jumping assholes! They don't even talk about the guy and then he puts on a great show and they act like they have always loved him as many are on the chat sites now lol.

good to see people finally follow him but watching tonights card made me sick hearing how great he was when they never gave a 5hit about him more then a week ago.
Exactly, a lot of these guys are bandwagon jumpers. But it's good for Katsidis that he got this kind of exposure. It only means bigger fights and more money in the future.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #34
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Before the fight people who had seen Donaire fight were predicting an upset. I would certainly rate him as a better fighter then Siaca thats for sure. Vi Darchinyian was a true world champion, who beat the champion to get the belt. He defended his belt multiple times and only has one loss to his name. I still rate him above Mundine at this point, who has had more then his fair share of set backs. I love it how you guys ignore mundines losses but point out those of others. You can't have it both ways mate.
If you look at P4P ratings, although career accomplishments play a big part, recent outings also a big part as well. Roy Jones fell dramatically after his KO loss to Tarver.

Noone is ignoring Mundines' losses. Fact is he didn't get KTFO in his last fight and is coming off his biggest wins over Green and Soliman. His last loss was over 2 years ago in which he put in a respectable performance against possibly the #1 fighter in the division.

And as for people predicting a Donaire upset? lol. All I heard was how Vic punish this kid and he doesn't have a prayer's chance. The only person vocally predicting the upset was PacDBest who is a nuthugger in the highest sense.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #35
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mundines schooling of Green must have really upseat MSTR. He clings to anything that'll hint at diminishing Mundine. He must have been so convinced that Green would do-in the man.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #36
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
Mundines schooling of Green must have really upseat MSTR. He clings to anything that'll hint at diminishing Mundine. He must have been so convinced that Green would do-in the man.
Manly too good for those slimey eels, huge gap between Melb/Manly and rest of the crop this yr.
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #37
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
If you look at P4P ratings, although career accomplishments play a big part, recent outings also a big part as well. Roy Jones fell dramatically after his KO loss to Tarver.

Noone is ignoring Mundines' losses. Fact is he didn't get KTFO in his last fight and is coming off his biggest wins over Green and Soliman. His last loss was over 2 years ago in which he put in a respectable performance against possibly the #1 fighter in the division.

And as for people predicting a Donaire upset? lol. All I heard was how Vic punish this kid and he doesn't have a prayer's chance. The only person vocally predicting the upset was PacDBest who is a nuthugger in the highest sense.
All the people who had seen him fight were rating him as a very good chance, and a much better fighter then the other brother. I didn't hear one single person who had ACTUALLY seen Nonito fight say otherwise.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #38
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunter
OooPS! I went into the wrong thread this is the thread for lowlifes!!!!!!Wizkid you better get outa this thread its for loosers not decent people.
another piece of well articulated drivel from cunter - well done; make sure the kindy teacher gives you a smiley sticker
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #39
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

"are the lowlife"? have you ever gone to school? Do you know how to spell? Let me guess, you learned how to talk by watching Mundine post fight interviews didn't you? That would explain the monosyllabic turds that fly forth from the stink hole that you call a mouth. Soon you will start calling people "bra" I'll bet...
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #40
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Manly too good for those slimey eels, huge gap between Melb/Manly and rest of the crop this yr.
WHOO HOOO!
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #41
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Manly have got a tight defense I'll give them that. Parra arent going to trouble the finals this year as as per usual they cant deal with pressure and crack in close games. Parra need better leaders in my view.
Not to worry, Manly arent going to win any premierships this year or anytime soon in my opinion. I could be wrong on this, but I doubt it. They are over achieving not to mention over paying Lyon who played his best footy at Parra aged 19 and earning half what Manly are paying him.
Enjoyable game all in all.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #42
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

hey guys whos winning the footy tipping comp
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #43
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
hey guys whos winning the footy tipping comp
You are by the way of that ONE Newcastle game cunt
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 12:26 AM   #44
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
You are by the way of that ONE Newcastle game cunt
one game does not give me the handsome lead i have but it does help
i have a bit of breathing space atm bloody roosters might have cost me another perfect round
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #45
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
one game does not give me the handsome lead i have but it does help
i have a bit of breathing space atm bloody roosters might have cost me another perfect round
that one game gave you a perfect round, a perfect round gives you 5 extra pts. Dekkers got his lead and blew it...you will do the same
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum