Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Is Barrera Such A ****sucker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher
If anyone won all 3 fights, it was definetly Morales as he without question won the 2nd fight, you could see the frustration in MAB & his corners faces. The 1st & 3rd fights could have gone either way, they were too close so I have no problem with either decision, a draw would have been fairest for both fights & they cancel each other out at 1-1 anyway. The 2nd fight however went to the wrong guy so in my mind, Morales proved better H2H.

Ps. Try watching all 3 fights without the sound aka biased commentators voices.
You might not admit to ME that I was right but at least you will know yourself.
I watched all 3 fights this weekend. If anything the bias was in favour of Morales, remember he was the Arrum HBO golden boy around the first and third fights, Barrera was the washed up fighter and unfavoured in both fights 1 and 3

FIRST FIGHT: Barrera battered Morales senseless in the first fight, not outboxed, beat the shit out of him. Morales was beaten to the ropes countless times and was hurt countless times round after round. Barrera landed all the most accurate, most powerful punches in the fight. Morales was landing pitter patter shots and running from Barrera pretty much. How many times did Barrera goto the ropes or move backwards? I don't think he did once. And the knockdown was legit, Barrera hit Morales, Morales went down, it doesnt matter if he was offbalance, he went down from a punch, hence a kd. Barrera could easily have taken 9 rounds of the first fight, he dominated the first 5, Morales had a great comeback in the 6th and probably won 1 of the later rounds and another round or 2 perhaps.

Second FIGHT - they both sat on the back foot much more and it suited Morales who took an early lead. Barrera still landed I had it 6-6 this weekend, first time I had it to Barrera by 1 and it could have been 7-5 either way.

THIRD FIGHT - Barrera 8-4, 7-5 at worst, I remember the polls after the fight, no controversy with this 1, 95% of people had it to Barrera from memory it was a clear clear win.

The only way I can imagine someone, is if they follow amateur scoring and think a pitter pat punch is the equivilent of a full blooded left hook, because Morales landed more but his punches were ineffective

If you want we can do a round by round analysis on the first fight because it was a domination.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #17
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I`ll take it from the top 1st of all... Watch the 3 fights with the volume turned down, Morales had an edge H2H ESPECIALLY the 2nd fight which was the fight that followed this incident, so in reality, it was Morales who proved himself in the ring in the fight were tensions were at their highest & Barrera who did not match his pre-fight hype only to be saved by chuck Giampa & co.

Now... Nobody mentioned Chavez but I take it you are refering to the whitaker fight when you talk about `schooling`
Just for the record... I thought Pea beat Chavez but a draw was defo not the worst decision Ive ever seen. Chavez did less than most expected & Pea did more than most expected so it was exagerated as usual but Whitaker did win IMO.
And then there's the matter of him whining and quitting in a fight he was losing in order to get the fight stopped and a very un-called for win against Randall in their rematch. A lot more shady than anything Barrera ever did.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #18
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Oh and lets not forget in all 3 fights Morales was on average 8-10lbs heavier in the ring. In the third fight he was 142lbs in the ring to Barreras 132lbs in the ring
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #19
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree on the first fight.

barrera won it by at least five points, despite the competitiveness of most rounds.

An outright robbery.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #20
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Oh and lets not forget in all 3 fights Morales was on average 8-10lbs heavier in the ring. In the third fight he was 142lbs in the ring to Barreras 132lbs in the ring
Dont think there was a great deal between the weights in fights 1 & 2 but there was in fight 3, EM came in at 143 to be exact & it made him sluggish. He thought he could overpower him & didnt show him the same respect as in fights 1 & 2.
The extra weight actually helps Barrera as it directly affects Morales foot movement, handspeed & stamina. Dont make out like Barrera is something he is not by making it sound as tho he was in there with a much bigger man, thats bullshit, EM has the height & reach but is quite a thin man but hits harder with the straight punches where as Barrera is stalkier at the shoulders & has more power with the hooks. There is not a great deal of size difference between them to REALLY matter.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #21
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dont think there was a great deal between the weights in fights 1 & 2 but there was in fight 3, EM came in at 143 to be exact & it made him sluggish. He thought he could overpower him & didnt show him the same respect as in fights 1 & 2.
The extra weight actually helps Barrera as it directly affects Morales foot movement, handspeed & stamina. Dont make out like Barrera is something he is not by making it sound as tho he was in there with a much bigger man, thats bullshit, EM has the height & reach but is quite a thin man but hits harder with the straight punches where as Barrera is stalkier at the shoulders & has more power with the hooks. There is not a great deal of size difference between them to REALLY matter.
Fight 1 was by far the widest for Barrera, if your going to make a case Morales won 2, you'd be better served choosing fights 2 and 3. As 3 was far closer.

Morales has always been a weight drainer and has always put on around 10lbs plus after weigh in, thats why he needed to move up in weight. Barrera would have happily stayed at 122 for his career but Hamed and $6million was at 126 and he ate his way and lifted weights upto that weight, then his only redemption in Morales was at 130, Barrera was far too small for 130lbs physically

You better believe Morales benefits from being 10lbs heavier than his opponent. Thats 10lbs more muscle to absorb shots on his chin (which wouldnt have been quite as great if he wasnt 10lbs heavier than his opponent)
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #22
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
I watched all 3 fights this weekend. If anything the bias was in favour of Morales

If you want we can do a round by round analysis on the first fight because it was a domination.
Regarding the top line.... Bullshit... next time watch the fights with NO SOUND, trust me, you will see different from those mug commentators.

As for the 2nd line.... Lets.
(M = Morales & B = Barrera)

1st fight....

Rd 1 - B starts stronger landing flurries on M, M answers back but misses most.
M lands more frequently in 2nd half of rd but B lands enough to keep his 1st rd lead.
10-9 MAB.

Rd 2 - B makes M miss badly, landing 4 even 5 punch combos on Ms head, M starts to land his own but is still being made to miss badly, B rarely wastes a punch tho not throwing as much as M, its defo a B rd.
10-9 MAB.

Rd 3 - M takes more on the gloves this rd, both are more cautious but land decent punches, M ups the pace, takes a few body & head shots but gets thru with his own straight rights & makes good use of jab & has a decent flurry near end to take rd.
10-9 EM.

R4 - B lands some solid body shots, M lands some uppercuts & uses lateral movement & avoids most big head shots, both exchange, Ms punches seem stronger, B catches M with a grazing left hook at the bell, not a lot in it, M was busier & neither took a lot of damage.
10-9 EM.

Rd 5 - B attacks M with 6 punch combo on ropes, good punches, M responds with his best punch of fight, straight right to the face, B keeps his hands up, M goes crazy, hits gloves, ears, cheekbones, B looks in trouble, back comes B with 5 punch combo on ropes, M escapes, throws back, both take a breath, B comes forward, M squeezes right hooks & uppercuts thru the guard, B attacks at bell with grazing blow & missed blow.
Rd of the year, 10-9 EM.

Rd 6 - Quietest rd of fight, slow paced boxing match, EM is busier, lands a few punches, takes a few in return then lands another few himself. M lands more punches, not by much but enough to take the rd.
10-9 EM.

Rd 7 - B catches M with hard 4 punch combo, M comes back both heads touching, good infighting, both land hard shots, neither gives way but M is throwing way more & landing way more, completely outworks B in this rd but still takes good body shots, last 10 secs, B catches M with perfect left hook to chin, best punch of fight, M remarkably fires back & both men trade vicious 4 punch combo until bell.
10-9 EM.

Rd 8 - Back & forth war, both take a lot but B backs M up on ropes several times, M always comes back with just as many punches but the better blows land by B most of time.
10-9 MAB.

Rd 9 - B starts great, landing hurtfull blows, body & head, M comes back, throws a load of punches, B seems tired M evens up the rd then continues to land his own punches, M has won most of the rd, B catches M with nice 2 punch combo in last 10 secs, follows up, misses, M scores a right, B scores a harder left, bell sounds. M won majority of rd & landed more punches, close rd but I like workrate by M.
10-9 EM.

Rd 10 - Another war, both give & take, B stuns M but cant follow up, instead M appears stronger, landing 3 consecutive straight rights, B answers with single shots but M is landing way more & looks the stronger fighter, good rd for M.
10-9 EM.

Rd 11 - Nothing between them, nobody gets hurt, both men answer the other, Bs body shots look solid, Ms landing more blows to head, looks as if Ms workrate could bank another close rd but B evens it up by nice flurry & left hook to jaw at bell.
10-10.

Rd 12 - B starts with a bang, pushes M back with lots of punches, M looks troubled, pulls away, uses lateral movement, M lands some right & left hooks, nice footmovement, both land harmless shots, M looks busier on his toes, B cuts off ring, traps M with vicious 6 punch flurry, M looks tired, pulls away, B connects with left hook, M pulls back, B follows up missing left hook, M ducks, B leans on M, M goes down to one knee, ref wrongly rules KD, M shakes head, charges out, lands 3 punches, B & M trade until bell.
Rd -10-9 MAB.

The middle rds are were Morales just outworked Barrera, it showed in last rd who had done the most work, Morales warmed to the fight more & more thru the middle rds.

Go on, give me your rd by rd, this should be funny.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #23
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

What a load of Bullshit Bill Butcher, if I was biased as you I'd say Barrera won every round and score it 120-107. Seriously Morales was backing up taking massive shots and falling against the ropes in every other round

I dont have time to do a RBR now but Morales did not win 4 &5, those were big Barrera rounds, Barrera won 3 of the last 4 too but Morales won 1 of them big.

Your analysis is crap anyway Morales biggest round, round 6, 1 of only 2 rounds he hurt Barrera in is a quite round?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #24
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Punched McKinney AND Erik Morales in the face at conferences.

Did he pull any other shit like that? Wasn't he a god damned well raised rich kid?
You'll notice when he hit McKinney, Barrera was trying to avoid any confrontation until Kinney shouted something in Barrera's face. Marco turned to look at his opponent with one of the most intense looks I've ever seen, and then swang for him. Whatever McKinney said, I can be it wasn't a compliment.

Morales deserves that shit.

Barrera's awesome.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #25
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Barreras just got a hot temper and refuses to take any type of shit. He reminds me of the kids at school ive known over the years who will get called a fag or something one time and the next you know the kid who said its got a bloody nose and Barreras get suspended for 3 days.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #26
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So what? Barrera's not what you call him. Those guys probably deserved it.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Morales was backing up taking massive shots and falling against the ropes in every other round

I dont have time to do a RBR now but Morales did not win 4 &5, those were big Barrera rounds, Barrera won 3 of the last 4 too but Morales won 1 of them big.

Your analysis is crap anyway Morales biggest round, round 6, 1 of only 2 rounds he hurt Barrera in is a quite round?
WOW.... I hope you are not serious.

MAB put EM on the ropes several times, landing & missing some solid punches but EVERY ROUND ? What planet are you on ?

2ndly... rd 4 could have been scored either way rd 5 was a defo EM rd, yet again you are listening to those dickhead commentators, for you to say that EITHER of those rds were BIG Barrera rds is astonishing to me.
Of the last 4 rds, I gave EM 9 & 10, scored 11 even & gave MAB 12 but have no problem if you want to give MAB rds 9,11 & 12.

Lastly... Morales biggest rd was rd 10 followed by rds 7 & 5, now Im questioning if you have actually seen this fight in full to make such a moronic statement, rd 6 could have been scored even, it wasnt a CLEAR Morales rd but I felt he did edge it + I dont remember MAB being hurt at all in rd 6.
Barrera WAS HURT in rds 5 & 10.

Ps. Try watching the whole fight rather than on some youtube highlights or whatever you were doing.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #28
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill

Morales deserves that shit.

Barrera's awesome.
Morales is a warrior, excellent for this sport.

When are you people gonna wise up, how can you think highly of a man who punches someone in the face & RUNS LIKE A *****.

Barrera commited a severe act of cowardness & you people choose to ignore it, typical.

You are probably one of those people that like Barrera because you hated Hamed.... Barrera is not awesome, he is overrated as a boxer & a wanker of a person outside the ring but to each their own I guess.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
And then there's the matter of him whining and quitting in a fight he was losing in order to get the fight stopped and a very un-called for win against Randall in their rematch. A lot more shady than anything Barrera ever did.
I could no doubt get into any number of arguments concerning JCC's relative worth as a fighter and as an ATG vs. that of Barrera, whom I favor, but I don't think there's any argument that MAB is a much classier, stand-up credit to the game of boxing than Chavez, or just about any of his contemporaries that anyone might choose to mention.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #30
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Who cares he beat Morales 3 times (he smashed him in the first robbery) and beat Mkkinney
Damn it. You must hate the guy, really.

Personally I had a draw for each fight (believe it or not, I couldn't see a winner at all). But to say Barrera won all those fights... man you really need to rewatch em.
jyuza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum