Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 AM   #91
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 1399
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

[quote=fidds]Ok then what 5 and how are the other 5 50/50 please explain [/quote]
comparing fighters is pretty random, it's like saying how would jackie stewart or nigel mansell do in todays formula 1. anyway, everybody can make a personal [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. i'm usually not bad at guessing outcomes so my predictions are sure better than teddy atlas'. so:
vitali, in my opinion would beat:
norton - couldn't handle big punchers
liston - wouldn't get close to vitali and has a suspect chin
louis - if schmeling can do it, why not vitali
bowe - could be beat to the punch by vitali
holmes - hasn't fought a big aggressive guy like vitali, couldn't push vitali around the ring, had problems with norton and lost to spinks twice.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #92
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
norton - couldn't handle big punchers
Vitali is not a big puncher. That is a myth. How many flush punches did he land on Sanders and Williams before they went?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
liston - wouldn't get close to vitali and has a suspect chin
Liston had one of the best jabs in history so he could easily get close.
What are you basing the chin comment on? The dive against Ali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
louis - if schmeling can do it, why not vitali
Oh, OK. Technically yes, Vitali would have a puncher's chance like Schmeling did. But that was just a fluke, as the rematch proved. But I thought we were talking about LIKELY outcomes. If we are talking about who has a remote puncher's chance, then we can say every fighter in history has a remote chance against every other fighter in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
bowe - could be beat to the punch by vitali
I'd pick Vitali to beat Bowe. He's one of the few top HW's I can think of who is actually more overrated than Vitali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
holmes - hasn't fought a big aggressive guy like vitali, couldn't push vitali around the ring, had problems with norton and lost to spinks twice.
Like Spinks is remotely like Vitali in any way, shape or form.

Larry was a slick boxer. He could easily outpoint Vitali with footwork and jabbing alone.

Last edited by Drexl; 08-08-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Drexl is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #93
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
comparing fighters is pretty random, it's like saying how would jackie stewart or nigel mansell do in todays formula 1. anyway, everybody can make a personal [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. i'm usually not bad at guessing outcomes so my predictions are sure better than teddy atlas'. so:
vitali, in my opinion would beat:
norton - couldn't handle big punchers
liston - wouldn't get close to vitali and has a suspect chin
louis - if schmeling can do it, why not vitali
bowe - could be beat to the punch by vitali
holmes - hasn't fought a big aggressive guy like vitali, couldn't push vitali around the ring, had problems with norton and lost to spinks twice.
Liston has a suspect chin why cause he dived vs ali ?

Norton holds a win against ali 73

Louis- pre prime lost scmelling i said prime moron and neither klit is anywhere near the same league.

Bowe-prime would give vitali all he can handle dont underate fighters that have done more then vitali. Cant see vitali stopping prime evander holyfield

Holmes- omg you lose all respect wtf holmes would smash vitali with his jab all night, jesus a prime lewis would probably lose to holmes. Vitali isn't fit to carry holmes jock strap Vitali has beat club fighters and journeyman

Eventhough i rate him as a good fighter, who coulda, woulda, shoulda his legacy is shit as it stands. He hasn't beat anyone to show he could hang with any of the guys i mentioned and if you think the rest are 50/50 when a fat lewis smashed him up your are dumb mate no offense.

So he is 50/50 with ali
fidds is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #94
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
you can pick apart everyone's record - for example: which atg did lennox beat? a 37 year old holyfield and a shot tyson...
Those two fighters were better at the time than anyone Wlad fought. Tua, Ruddock, Rahman, Klitschko himself are also better. Sure you can pick apart peoples records but with Vitali you don't even have to pick it apart you can just look at it
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #95
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Vitali did a good job at stopping fringe contenders, and fat top 10 contenders, but when it came time to face the best guys he ever faced (Chris Tyrd and an undertrained, 37 year old Lennox Lewis), he lost.

Part of being a fighter is being durable enough to win the fight.

I guess being ahead on the cards when you LOSE is good enough for fanboys to be convinced that you can hang with the great heavyweights in history.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #96
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
you can pick apart everyone's record - for example: which atg did lennox beat? a 37 year old holyfield and a shot tyson...
But Lummox won those fights.

Vitali faced a 37 year old Lewis, who hadn't fought in over a year, was undertrained (even Vitali said LL was not in good shape), and lost.




Oh, but he was winning on points.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #97
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 1399
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidds
Liston has a suspect chin why cause he dived vs ali ?

Norton holds a win against ali 73

Louis- pre prime lost scmelling i said prime moron and neither klit is anywhere near the same league.

Bowe-prime would give vitali all he can handle dont underate fighters that have done more then vitali. Cant see vitali stopping prime evander holyfield

Holmes- omg you lose all respect wtf holmes would smash vitali with his jab all night, jesus a prime lewis would probably lose to holmes. Vitali isn't fit to carry holmes jock strap Vitali has beat club fighters and journeyman

Eventhough i rate him as a good fighter, who coulda, woulda, shoulda his legacy is shit as it stands. He hasn't beat anyone to show he could hang with any of the guys i mentioned and if you think the rest are 50/50 when a fat lewis smashed him up your are dumb mate no offense.

So he is 50/50 with ali
when you are discussing theoretical matches between the top heavyweights of the past and present everything is possible. to call somebody dumb just because he doesn't share your classicist opinion is inadequate.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #98
Suge Green
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: OnTheGrind Boxing Radio Is Uncut & Uncensored & LIVE
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny William ,Corrie Sanders or Herbie Hide all time greats?

Hell no, they are not ATGs...wtf...???


Oh wait, those are Vitali's best wins...Of course they are ATGs, they were in the ring with the would be co-champioin of the world.
Suge Green is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013