Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Napoles vs. DLH

Quote:
I think it would be interesting styles-wise, but I do believe Napoles was the better overall boxer for sure. Napoles by UD something like 7-5 or 8-4 over 12, probably 10-5 or so over 15. Then again given Oscar's cardio problems I'm not sure he could go 15 against a fighter like Napoles who was usually so strong down the stretch. I definitely can't see Oscar knocking Napoles down as TBooze suggessted, given his impeccable balance and great chin

I agree, although its hard to see oscar getting stopped considering no one ever came close to doing it except a big 160lber like hopkins on a body shot. about oscars stamina, He did tend to fade down the stretch in certain fights, but in other big fights like quartey and fargas, it was his late round surges that won him the fights.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
Moseley is a very good fighter, he beat oscar the first time in a great fight. However, Anyone who thought Moseley won the 2nd fight is either a hater, or blind. It was a clear oscar win a total robbery. I think harold lederman had it something like oscar de la hoya up 7 rounds to 1 after 8. My final scorecard was a clear 116-113 win for oscar. oscar won 7 clear rounds, and i think im being generous to shane, many of his rounds he won were close enough to give to oscar. O BTW, shane admitted he used steroids for that fight. NOT THE FIRST TIME oscar beat a top ranked contender on steroids.
1. You said Delahoya faced everyone then cited the 2 fighters Delahoya that dominated Mosley as proof that Oscar was better

2. How did Mosley become a top ranked contender at 154 again? Was it going 0-1-2 in his previous 3 fights? By drawing with the average Raul Marquez or losing twice to Forrest (Delahoyas previous mandatory who he avoided) or just not having a win in over 2 years.

3. The majority of ringside fight reporters scored the fight to Mosley, as did the cards, as did around 60% of ESB in the aftermath. On first viewing I had it to Oscar in the Second to Mosley. Mosley landed the better shots, Oscar landed more. It was 1 of those fights.

4. Mosley is a superb but flawed fighter himself
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
oscar telegrehed punches? its clear i cant take you seriousely anymore when it comes to oscar. oscar was as sharp and fluid a puncher as it gets.

oscar flurries, but he also throws combinations in his prime 3-5 punch combos that were extremley accurate and rolled off his shoulder in fluid fashion, he would change up his combination from time to time, mixing in a few uppercuts here and there and following it up with straight right.
You can tell what Oscars going to do before he does it, therefore he attacks linealy, mechanically and telegraphs. His punches aren't reactive they're pre-programmed mechanical and unversatile. He can't use angles effectively and all his top opponents take advantage of this weakness. Thats why against the top boxers he faced his connect percentage was pitifull.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Old Whitaker - Whitaker won but Close Call, Oscar was made to look foolish missing so much
I dont think whitaker did enough. 113-112 or 114-112 oscar de la hoya everytime i score it. sweet pea would make any fighter in history including mayweather look foolish missing so much. fact is de la hoya was the aggressor, landed the more power punches, and stuck to decent gameplan, he got the W.

Quote:
Ring Rusty Quartey - Gift, OScar takes flush jabs and rights all night, every round and misses far too much but a great finnish
LOL, are all these close oscar fights with top fighters gifts? lemme guess, trinidad beat oscar on your card too right? LMAO. Calling quartey rusty is ridiculous, he was a young undefeated top prime performer, one of the divisions best. It was a very close fight, i had quartey ahead going into the final round by 1 point, but oscars awesome 12th round won the fight for him 114-113 oscar. oscar did receive a lot of jabs, but not much else. For you to score the fight for quartey, considering the 12th was 10-8 or even 10-7 oscar, you would have had to have quartey ahead by at least 3 points entering the 12th which is PREPOSTEROUS beyond belief. Two great rounds in a mechanical fight bewteeen two prime undefeated champs.

Quote:
Mosley 1 - 8-4 Mosley the faster more compact puncher with better timing
I had it 7-5 moseley the first fight. great fight by both fighters, a classic. moseley fought the fight of his life, he defintley beat oscar although it was very close. his handspeed was the difference, oscar faded again.

2nd fight oscar adjusted and pretty much dominated and controlled a JUICED UP moseley for most of the fight. I had it a clear cut 116-113 oscar, he really adjusted for mosely the 2nd fight, and didnt let mosley outspeed him.....oscar gave him a boxing lesson and they robbed him.

Quote:
Sturm - finally fights a bigger man and picked apart

oscar showed up fat, untrained, and looking ahead to hopkins. It happens, happened to Muhammad Ali. Besides oscar best career weight is 135-147lb, defintley not 160.

Quote:
Hopkins (OLD) - yet again made to miss and his opponent lands the flusher shots. This time he doesn't have a size advantage to absorb the opponents flusher shots
Oscar had a huge size DISADVANTAGE. hopkins clearly the naturally bigger man, oscar had huge guts as a former lightweight moving up to take on hopkins. oscar is no 160lber, never has and never will be but he had the guts to take on hopkins. IMO he gave hopkins far more hell than tito ever did. I had the fight near dead even after 8 rounds, the fight was defintley close oscar gave him some problems with his jab early on. he didnt get outclassed from the start like tito did. once again this is far above oscars best weight, its like rating duran for his fights at 160lb.

Quote:
SMALL Mayweather (15lb weight advantage)- 9-3 Mayweather again makes Oscar look amateurish throwing 6-8 punch combos and missing them all
9-3? LMAO more like 6-5-1 or 7-5 at most. mayweather was given all sorts of problems by a rusted 34 year old past his prime oscar de la hoya, who you could make a case deserved a draw. Had oscar not abandoned his jab midway through the fight, he would have beat mayweather.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #20
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
3. The majority of ringside fight reporters scored the fight to Mosley, as did the cards, as did around 60% of ESB in the aftermath. On first viewing I had it to Oscar in the Second to Mosley. Mosley landed the better shots, Oscar landed more. It was 1 of those fights.

its no contest oscar won the fight. i will watch it again, but never for a second was moseley in control in that fight. i thought it was a clear cut 115-113 oscar decision. i dont care what anyone says, also I hear most people at ESB claim oscar beat him the 2nd time, EVEN MOSELY fans admit to it. this was a roided up moseley too, should have been a NC.

I just checked oscar landed 100 more punches than shane, and outlanded him in jabs at a 4 to 1 ratio!! jack moseley told shane starting the 12th he needed a knockout to win because he was far behind on the cards.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #21
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
1. You said Delahoya faced everyone then cited the 2 fighters Delahoya that dominated Mosley as proof that Oscar was better
I pointed out that oscar faced the best competition out of anyone in the past decade, and he never lost badly or was outclassed. mosely on the other hand was outclassed and lost badly on the scorecards in some of his losses.

Quote:
2. How did Mosley become a top ranked contender at 154 again? Was it going 0-1-2 in his previous 3 fights? By drawing with the average Raul Marquez or losing twice to Forrest (Delahoyas previous mandatory who he avoided) or just not having a win in over 2 years.

Just checked my ring magazine article in 2003, moseley was in the top 10 heading into the oscar fight. as for oscar ducking forrest, thanx for the laugh......oscar ducked no one he fought much better fighters than forrest and would have exposed forrest worse than what mayorga did to him.

Quote:
4. Mosley is a superb but flawed fighter himself
Oscar is a great fighter

Quote:
You can tell what Oscars going to do before he does it, therefore he attacks linealy, mechanically and telegraphs. His punches aren't reactive they're pre-programmed mechanical and unversatile. He can't use angles effectively and all his top opponents take advantage of this weakness. Thats why against the top boxers he faced his connect percentage was pitifull.
I disagree. Oscar mixes up his combos, his punches are very sharp and accurate, therefore you never know what type of combination hes throwing, oscar has so many different weapons he will take whatever you give him. Oscars punches in his prime came so fast and precise he would dart in and out like a yo yo his punches coming at all different ranges. as for not using angles effectivley i disagree once again......oscar was very adept at making his opponent fall into his traps, he has a very smart boxing mind. oscars biggest problem is he would box too stiff sometimes...

Quote:
Thats why against the top boxers he faced his connect percentage was pitifull.[/

then why did no top fighter ever dominate him on the cards?
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
1. I dont think whitaker did enough. 113-112 or 114-112 oscar de la hoya everytime i score it. sweet pea would make any fighter in history including mayweather look foolish missing so much. fact is de la hoya was the aggressor, landed the more power punches, and stuck to decent gameplan, he got the W.

2. LOL, are all these close oscar fights with top fighters gifts? lemme guess, trinidad beat oscar on your card too right? LMAO. Calling quartey rusty is ridiculous, he was a young undefeated top prime performer, one of the divisions best. It was a very close fight, i had quartey ahead going into the final round by 1 point, but oscars awesome 12th round won the fight for him 114-113 oscar. oscar did receive a lot of jabs, but not much else. For you to score the fight for quartey, considering the 12th was 10-8 or even 10-7 oscar, you would have had to have quartey ahead by at least 3 points entering the 12th which is PREPOSTEROUS beyond belief. Two great rounds in a mechanical fight bewteeen two prime undefeated champs.

3. oscar showed up fat, untrained, and looking ahead to hopkins. It happens, happened to Muhammad Ali. Besides oscar best career weight is 135-147lb, defintley not 160.

4. Oscar had a huge size DISADVANTAGE. hopkins clearly the naturally bigger man, oscar had huge guts as a former lightweight moving up to take on hopkins. oscar is no 160lber, never has and never will be but he had the guts to take on hopkins. IMO he gave hopkins far more hell than tito ever did. I had the fight near dead even after 8 rounds, the fight was defintley close oscar gave him some problems with his jab early on. he didnt get outclassed from the start like tito did. once again this is far above oscars best weight, its like rating duran for his fights at 160lb.

5. 9-3? LMAO more like 6-5-1 or 7-5 at most. mayweather was given all sorts of problems by a rusted 34 year old past his prime oscar de la hoya, who you could make a case deserved a draw. Had oscar not abandoned his jab midway through the fight, he would have beat mayweather.
1. He did enough to outland Oscar and land cleaner more effective blows and scored a knockdown. You are showing your bias, your champion Delahoya outlanding Mosley but ignore Whitaker outlanding Delahoya. Not only that but Delahoya 'powerpunches' are usually inneffective arm punch flurries.

Bottom line, most have an old Whitaker beating Oscar even after the inferior Hurtado nearly beat Whitaker in his previous bout

2. This has been proven to your biased nutthugging ass various times

A. I have Oscar beating Tito but guess what, the judge that robbed Quartey against Oscar realised they scored wrongly in favour of Oscar and tried to correct their scoring. Both were wrong

B. Quartey boxed despite having been inactive for 18months because of Arrums underhand dealing with Quartey and was recovering from Malaria, a disease that keeps a man weakened long after he recovers from it.

Despite all this Quartey was making Oscar look like an amateur vastly outlanding him round in round out. I think I had it 9-2 or 8-3 going into the last round

3. An excuse for your Golden Boyfriend? Surely not, Oscar got his head boxed off and Oscars prime wasnt near 135, which you'd know if you were around at the time. His skill at 135 was not as good as it later would be. His physical prime was around 147, his actual skill peaked around 154 but his engine dropped a bit at this weight.

4. Yes the golen weight drainer usually had Massive size advantages against nearly all of his competition. The first time he doesnt against 2 older men (at middleweight) he gets embarassed.

Don't try to put the 5'7 Duran who started at 118lbs in the same boat as 5'11 Delahoya. At 28yo Delahoya was a 154lber, Duran was 3 weight classes down as a 135lber

5. The much much smaller Mayweather outclassed Delahoya. MAYWEATHER LANDED TWICE , YES THATS RIGHT TWICE AS MANY PUNCHES AS DELAHOYA. Rewatch the fight in slow mo as your poor eye sight is making you think Delahoya landed those flurries he threw, he barerly landed a clean punch all night. 9-3 to Mayweather is more than fair scoring
Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #23
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
its no contest oscar won the fight. i will watch it again, but never for a second was moseley in control in that fight. i thought it was a clear cut 115-113 oscar decision. i dont care what anyone says, also I hear most people at ESB claim oscar beat him the 2nd time, EVEN MOSELY fans admit to it. this was a roided up moseley too, should have been a NC.

I just checked oscar landed 100 more punches than shane, and outlanded him in jabs at a 4 to 1 ratio!! jack moseley told shane starting the 12th he needed a knockout to win because he was far behind on the cards.
Oscar outlanded Mosley but was negative, moving away on the backfoot and throwing meaningless shots. Mosley threw 1 punch at a time but landed cleanly and was landing better shots throughout, especially in the later rounds. Mosley had clearly regressed but always landed the better punches.

Again 60% of writers had it to Mosley, and 50% of ESB at the time for what its worth
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #24
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
1. I pointed out that oscar faced the best competition out of anyone in the past decade, and he never lost badly or was outclassed. mosely on the other hand was outclassed and lost badly on the scorecards in some of his losses.

2. Just checked my ring magazine article in 2003, moseley was in the top 10 heading into the oscar fight.

3. as for oscar ducking forrest, thanx for the laugh......oscar ducked no one he fought much better fighters than forrest and would have exposed forrest worse than what mayorga did to him.

4. Oscar is a great fighter

5. I disagree. Oscar mixes up his combos, his punches are very sharp and accurate, therefore you never know what type of combination hes throwing, oscar has so many different weapons he will take whatever you give him. Oscars punches in his prime came so fast and precise he would dart in and out like a yo yo his punches coming at all different ranges. as for not using angles effectivley i disagree once again......oscar was very adept at making his opponent fall into his traps, he has a very smart boxing mind. oscars biggest problem is he would box too stiff sometimes...

6. then why did no top fighter ever dominate him on the cards?
1. Best competition = 33yo Crackhead Whitaker? 18Months out of the ring Quartey? 34yo Chavez? Naturally Smaller Men? Tito Leftovers? Deceptive stuff. He never dominated the best of the best, and against the very best came off second best

2. Facts remain Mosley hadn't won at 154, hadn't won in 2years and was 0-1-2 coming into the Oscar fight.

3. Forrest was Oscar's mandatory, for 2years, Forrest was the boxer type

Oscar ducked: Winky Wright, Whitaker Rematch, Forrest and avoided Tyszu and Randall. But I won't overly critisize him he fought the best outside of that and made top fights.

4. Oscar is a great fighter, hes just not on the level of a Napoles

5. Disagree, he misses allot

6. Oscar fought on his own terms against Older Past Prime and Smaller men. HE should have 2 losses at Welterweight, 1-2 at 154 and 2 at 160.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #25
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes' Jab
Napoles: UD.
agreed.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #26
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Napoles wins a 15 round decision, 10-5, no knockdowns. Mantequilla too sharp, outboxes Oscar.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #27
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
1. He did enough to outland Oscar and land cleaner more effective blows and scored a knockdown. You are showing your bias, your champion Delahoya outlanding Mosley but ignore Whitaker outlanding Delahoya. Not only that but Delahoya 'powerpunches' are usually inneffective arm punch flurries.

Bottom line, most have an old Whitaker beating Oscar even after the inferior Hurtado nearly beat Whitaker in his previous bout

2. This has been proven to your biased nutthugging ass various times

A. I have Oscar beating Tito but guess what, the judge that robbed Quartey against Oscar realised they scored wrongly in favour of Oscar and tried to correct their scoring. Both were wrong

B. Quartey boxed despite having been inactive for 18months because of Arrums underhand dealing with Quartey and was recovering from Malaria, a disease that keeps a man weakened long after he recovers from it.

Despite all this Quartey was making Oscar look like an amateur vastly outlanding him round in round out. I think I had it 9-2 or 8-3 going into the last round

3. An excuse for your Golden Boyfriend? Surely not, Oscar got his head boxed off and Oscars prime wasnt near 135, which you'd know if you were around at the time. His skill at 135 was not as good as it later would be. His physical prime was around 147, his actual skill peaked around 154 but his engine dropped a bit at this weight.

4. Yes the golen weight drainer usually had Massive size advantages against nearly all of his competition. The first time he doesnt against 2 older men (at middleweight) he gets embarassed.

Don't try to put the 5'7 Duran who started at 118lbs in the same boat as 5'11 Delahoya. At 28yo Delahoya was a 154lber, Duran was 3 weight classes down as a 135lber

5. The much much smaller Mayweather outclassed Delahoya. MAYWEATHER LANDED TWICE , YES THATS RIGHT TWICE AS MANY PUNCHES AS DELAHOYA. Rewatch the fight in slow mo as your poor eye sight is making you think Delahoya landed those flurries he threw, he barerly landed a clean punch all night. 9-3 to Mayweather is more than fair scoring
DLH did nothing for much of the Quartey fight.

He was lucky as hell to get the decision. A great finish doesn't make up for all the rounds when he stared at Quartey and did even less than Ike did.

How anyone could have DLH clearly beating Quartey is beyond me. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt to have him squeaking by.

The fight wasn't even hard to score
Thread Stealer is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum