Cintron by UD 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default DiBella wants Cotto-Cintron...

"I think Kermit is an interesting guy in the division," DiBella said, adding that he'd like to eventually match Cintron with Miguel Cotto, who also was stopped by Margarito on July 26.

"Cotto-Cintron is an interesting fight," DiBella said. "I mentioned that to [Cotto promoter] Bob [Arum]. I'm happy to be working with Kermit. I like the guy and it makes sense for me to work in the division. Kermit is a young guy and losing to Margarito is no disgrace because the guy is a beast."

Cotto or Cintron?

source: espn.com
Tito Time is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: DiBella wants Cotto-Cintron...

Cotto KO no problem at all, probably around 8 or 9.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
David_TheMan
ESB Sage
ESB Addict

Margarito's power killed Cotto, I don't know what he can do against the power Cintron has. I see it as a 50/50 fight. If Cotto can take the first power shot Cintron lands, then he will eventually break him down. If Cotto gets hurt by Cintron's power, Cotto is going to be out of there.

You know what, now that I think about it, why isn't Cintron trying to fight Paul williams. They were supposed to fight before he took on Margarito.
David_TheMan is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Cotto by late round TKO. Cintron can't take it to the body.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Tito Time
slayin um
ESB Addict

is this a good come back fight for cotto or?
Tito Time is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
David_TheMan
ESB Sage
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchpuncher
Margarito's power didn't kill Cotto Did you even watch the fight? Cotto was not knocked out by any one punch from Margo. He was taking an accumulation of punishment over 11 rounds. Cintron cannot bring the same pressure/sheer # of punches that Margarito does. You're ****in insane.

Cintron is a bitch. He folds everytime he is pressured a little bit. Margarito proved that twice. even Jesse Feliciano proved it. Cotto will eat Cintron alive. Not a single doubt in my mind.
So the uppercut Margarito delivered to Cotto, never snapped his head back and made him start trying to move away? If the power of Tony never affected him he would have walked through them the same way Margarito did his power shots, he did not, so it is evident that Margo's power definitely affected Cotto.

Cintron does not have to bring pressure to Cotto, my question about Cotto is if he can tolerate the 1 punch KO power of Cintron.

Cintron may be a bitch to you but if he is what does that make Cotto? Cintron went out on his shield the 2nd fight and atoned for his actions in the first one, Cotto could have done the same and he quit.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Members here won't like it, but Cintron is a live opponent against Miguel Cotto. Reputations don't make fights, styles do, and Cintron is undoubtedly one of the hardest punchers at 147lb. Miguel Cotto has put the chin theories to the best I think, from taking Mosley's shots and a lot of Margarito's, but Cintron is a different kind of fighter. He is a concussive puncher, and concussive punchers can break even the hardest of chins if given the opportunity.

I think Miguel Cotto stops him with a body shot in the middle rounds, but if he gets caught with a solid right hand, that can change the fight.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhand Right
A great comeback fight. Although Cotto fought on his backfoot against Margarito and to a lesser extent, against Mosley.. we all know this is not the real Miguel Cotto. Sure I'm impressed by his new defensive boxing skills, but I prefer Cotto on the attack. Cotto knows Cintron can't handle pressure and he'll bring plenty of it. Cintron needs room to get full leverage on his power shots. Cotto will know this and he will stifile Cintron, givin him no room to breathe.

I predict Cotto TKO 3 after a vicious body shot
Thankgod Cotto didn't go on the attack against Antonio Margarito, else the fight would have ended a lot sooner than the 11th round.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

This fight makes A LOT of sense. Two Ricans, two guys coming off KO losses to the legitimate WW champion (the only man to ever beat either fighter by the way), two guys looking to prove something. Should be a great fight.

Gotta take Cotto by late TKO in this one, but you never know - Cintron is 4 inches taller, has a 7 inch reach advantage and arguably equal power and chin - that could make things pretty damn interesting.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero
This fight makes A LOT of sense. Two Ricans, two guys coming off KO losses to the legitimate WW champion (the only man to ever beat either fighter by the way), two guys looking to prove something. Should be a great fight.

Gotta take Cotto by late TKO in this one, but you never know - Cintron is 4 inches taller, has a 7 inch reach advantage and arguably equal power and chin - that could make things pretty damn interesting.
I was with you until you said that they have equal power. Look at all of the one punch knockouts on Kermit Cintrons record, as well as the record itself, and compare it to Miguel Cotto's. Cintron is the harder puncher, with Cotto taking the advantage in skillset, and possessing the better boxing ability. I think Cintron should take this fight. A lot of people here have written him off for losing to Margarito, but now one of the best fighters in the world has lost to the same man, Cintron is no longer damaged goods.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

id love to see this
walk with me is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

I'd go with Cotto TKO/KO around 7 or 8. Probably a body shot.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
David_TheMan
ESB Sage
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchpuncher
That uppercut was like the final chop on a tree that was ready to fall. Cotto had taken 11 rounds of nonstop punches. After the uppercut, he just had enough.. I wouldnt say he quit..

Cintron atoned for his actions in the first fight? How's that?! Went out on his shield? By not even trying to get up after a body shot? Cotto didn't quit any more than Cinton did! In ONE fight, Cotto lasted as many rounds as Cintron did in 2 fights!

Spin it however you want. Margarito's power was not the factor that won him the fight. Ranked on siginificance that won him the fight:

1. Margarito's pressure
2. Margarito's iron chin
3. Cotto's not so iron chin
4. Cotto's lack of stamina in late rounds
5. Margarito's power

1. Cotto was getting buzzed by uppercuts the whole fight, not just the final three. He was always feeling the impact of the punches Tony was throwing.

2. You are crazy as hell if you think that wasn't a solid shot Cintron adsorbed from Margarito when he went down. That kid was in pain and he went down swinging. Cotto didn't do that, he ran to the corner and asked his uncle to bail him out. (Now I'm only saying this because you are trying to put Cintron down).

3. Margarito's resistance to punches and his power took Cotto out, while Cotto's weak chin quickened the defeat. Now Cintron knocks people out, what makes you think his power, which is greater than Margaritos, won't daze Cotto?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_TheGreat
1. Cotto was getting buzzed by uppercuts the whole fight, not just the final three. He was always feeling the impact of the punches Tony was throwing.

2. You are crazy as hell if you think that wasn't a solid shot Cintron adsorbed from Margarito when he went down. That kid was in pain and he went down swinging. Cotto didn't do that, he ran to the corner and asked his uncle to bail him out. (Now I'm only saying this because you are trying to put Cintron down).

3. Margarito's resistance to punches and his power took Cotto out, while Cotto's weak chin quickened the defeat. Now Cintron knocks people out, what makes you think his power, which is greater than Margaritos, won't daze Cotto?
Your an idiot. I'm not even going to bother replying to your post because you've said Cotto quit.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #15
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Great Fight-if Cotto Fights On The Inside And Smothers Him Hell Ko Cintron For Sure...just Look At The Feliciano Fight...cintron Was Gettin Whooped Till He Landed That Combo...but If Cotto Fights On The Outside Than Hes Gonna Get Beat Cuz Hell Be On The End Of Those Long Shots
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum