Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Does Wladamir Klitschko have a suspect chin?
Yes... history has proven this one, easily. 40 71.43%
No... history was drugged and his chin is solid. 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: OK... let's see if there is actually MORE than 1 delusional Wlad fan here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Ton
It's as good as Lenox's.

Just ignorant. Lennox's chin, though not iron, is grossly underrated. He only tasted the canvas twice his entire career and he faced a shitload of power punches and ate a ton of power shots. And even though he most likely would have lost anyway, one of his knockouts was bullshit. It should have continued.
LennoxGOAT is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #17
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: OK... let's see if there is actually MORE than 1 delusional Wlad fan here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallow
Yes terrible chin. Gets woozy and retreats into a shell whenever he gets clipped, has happened multiple times throughout his career and will happen again.

Once again, just another idiot. Point me to a knockdown where Wlad is woozy. The mother****er is a lot of things, but woozy is not one of him when he gets hit. He is the king of the ****ing flash knockdowns, not woozy knockdowns. Bitch.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #18
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
Does Wladamir Klitschko have a suspect chin?
But it also depends what you think as suspect.

I am a Wlad fan. And when I watch Wlad fights, I am much more cognizant of his workrate and possible stamina issues than I am chin. Why? Because the dude has 3 losses and 2 of the 3 were stamina related. His chin, aside from not knowing what the **** to do to stop the Sanders gang rape, has never ever cost him in a fight. And even when he hits the canvas, he always bounces up and usually wins the rest of the round.

And even though he has more or less proved stamina issues are in the past, I am stilll not convinced. I am a big guy and I understand how difficult it is to throw as many punches as he does with that amount of force for his size over 12 rounds. His workrate is extraordinary for his size.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #19
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Wlads chin is very weak, 11 knockdowns, Williamson, Peter 3 times, Sanders 4 times, Panel(spell check), Purrity, Brewster, most of which by journeymen and TKO'd 3 times as well.

Lewis had alot better chin than Wlad, his chin was able to absorb blows from some of the heavy hitters of the 90's, Mercer, Bruno, Briggs, all of which were wars to an extent. Wlad's chin wont let him get into toe to toe action, thats why he clinches excessively, just watch the Peter fight, everytime he got banged with a good punch he either clinched, panicked, or hit the canvas. Lamon Brewster even rocked him badly with a jab in the 3rd round of the first fight.

Sorry folks, I been watching Wlad for close to a decade, he does have a weak chin, I never seen a fighter of that caliber so afraid to get hit.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #20
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
Wlads chin is very weak, 11 knockdowns, Williamson, Peter 3 times, Sanders 4 times, Panel(spell check), Purrity, Brewster, most of which by journeymen and TKO'd 3 times as well.

Lewis had alot better chin than Wlad, his chin was able to absorb blows from some of the heavy hitters of the 90's, Mercer, Bruno, Briggs, all of which were wars to an extent. Wlad's chin wont let him get into toe to toe action, thats why he clinches excessively, just watch the Peter fight, everytime he got banged with a good punch he either clinched, panicked, or hit the canvas. Lamon Brewster even rocked him badly with a jab in the 3rd round of the first fight.

Sorry folks, I been watching Wlad for close to a decade, he does have a weak chin, I never seen a fighter of that caliber so afraid to get hit.

You simply just don't understand boxing if you think chin is the only element that goes into a fighter hitting the canvas. There are a ton of elements that create a knockdown. For example, if Wlad's chin was so bad he would have been knocked out (at least knocked down) when Peter landed flush at the end of round 3. Wlad had awful footwork and balance pre Manny. The first thing they changed was his stance and balance. He was all messed up, hence the ridiculous amount of flash knockdowns.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
You simply just don't understand boxing if you think chin is the only element that goes into a fighter hitting the canvas. There are a ton of elements that create a knockdown. For example, if Wlad's chin was so bad he would have been knocked out (at least knocked down) when Peter landed flush at the end of round 3. Wlad had awful footwork and balance pre Manny. The first thing they changed was his stance and balance. He was all messed up, hence the ridiculous amount of flash knockdowns.
I hear what your saying, but with Manny he had just as many knockdowns, Williams, Peter, Brewster, = 5 knockdowns. Just watch Wlad, the guy cant take a punch well at all, his reactions to them are almost comical in nature, in the Sam Peter fight he looked like a retard, turning his back, clinching, and practically falling all over the place, while having numerous panic attacks from the pressure/weak chin.

I do agree Wlad was worse off without Manny, he taught him the art of clinching when in trouble, extremely well, now he does it all the time, watch him before 04, he rarely clinched and was an offensive machine, Corrie Sanders raped him of his confidence.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #22
Larson
Paenkhay
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyVercettiX
No, his chin is granite. He took dives against Sanders, Puritty and Brewster in order to make himself appear more human, so that people won't actually discover he is an indestructable cyborg.
Larson is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #23
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33

if you can't tell the difference between a jab and a powerful straight left hand you should reevaluate your boxing knowledge.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #24
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict

vCash: 1678

Fight with Peter = 1 legit knockdown

2 rabbit-punches
Serenata is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #25
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Wlad is chinny no doubt. But he has the tools that will keep most fighters away from it...Wlad also has been matched smart since his last KOby. Fighting guys like Byrd and Thompson, heavies that dont hit very hard. In his two fights with guys that can crack Wlad has been in serious trouble.

I hate to be the one to bust the bubble of the Wlad-aholics, but the guy is a another nasty KO waiting to happen...I just hope to god it isnt Haye that does it....Man we would never hear the end of it from that d*ck.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #26
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

The most important thing about the chin question, in my opinion, is that Wlad himself believes his chin to be vulnerable. That's why he's developed this odd, extremely affective style. But it handcuffs him in all sorts of ways.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #27
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Ton
It's as good as Lenox's.
No its not Lennox's chin was far better like to see wlad take flush shots off bruno, briggs, tua etc....

why lie

Last edited by fidds; 08-08-2008 at 06:14 AM.
fidds is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #28
TFFP

vCash:

There are 11 idiots on this thread.

Look at the wording of the question, people. Is his chin suspect?

Of course it ****ing is, he's been down more times than you can count on your hands and feet, has TKO losses to average fighters, and worst of all fights in a manner which suggests he has no confidence in his chin; see hugging/lack of risk taking.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #29
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
There are 11 idiots on this thread.

Look at the wording of the question, people. Is his chin suspect?

Of course it ****ing is, he's been down more times than you can count on your hands and feet, has TKO losses to average fighters, and worst of all fights in a manner which suggests he has no confidence in his chin; see hugging/lack of risk taking.
11 on this thread alone. In this forum about a hundred.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #30
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

only 21-11 are people delusional or just so far up wladdy's are all you can see are there toe nails.

His chin is more suspect then david haye's and im a haye fan but also a realist lol.
fidds is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum