Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #196
Chibuku
I'm awesome
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto vs Margarito a success!!! Over 450,000 buys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo
again, i dont know where you pull these arguments from. up untill the dlh fight the general public had no idea who floyd was. boxing dead? you dont seem to understand the context in which floyd emerged on the scene. i have no idea what you mean by organic growth and how it applies to this discussion
Everyone except you knows boxing is not the major sport it was and many boxers are hardly recognised by the public.Its marketshare was going down when Floyd came on the scene.I know Floyd's story so dont go there.

Floyd is a product like any other and matured at the DLH stage.Forbes fought Oscar but noone knows who Forbes is so dont take Oscar like someone who creates stars because he doesnt.Felix sturm fought Oscar and lost controversially but noone knows who Felix is.What this means is Floyd was his own brand,thats why Oscar wanted him for a rematch and thats why Hatton wanted him as well,Floyd was the best out there whom the public new.Knowledge from customers can easily translate into sales.

Oscar is a brand,he knows other brands before fighting.His first choice was Floyd because of the appeal,he also wanted Hatton for obvious reasons when that failed he wanted Pacquio.Oscar knows the business and what each brings.Even Bob Arum knows Floyd's worth no wonder he calls him from everywhere he can see an microphone.

My arguement is simple,you cant say Floyd doesnt have appeal because he has,you cant say he's not the sport's icon because empirical evidence contradicts you.Maybe redefine appeal and icon
Chibuku is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #197
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibuku
Everyone except you knows boxing is not the major sport it was and many boxers are hardly recognised by the public.Its marketshare was going down when Floyd came on the scene.I know Floyd's story so dont go there.

Floyd is a product like any other and matured at the DLH stage.Forbes fought Oscar but noone knows who Forbes is so dont take Oscar like someone who creates stars because he doesnt.Felix sturm fought Oscar and lost controversially but noone knows who Felix is.What this means is Floyd was his own brand,thats why Oscar wanted him for a rematch and thats why Hatton wanted him as well,Floyd was the best out there whom the public new.Knowledge from customers can easily translate into sales.

Oscar is a brand,he knows other brands before fighting.His first choice was Floyd because of the appeal,he also wanted Hatton for obvious reasons when that failed he wanted Pacquio.Oscar knows the business and what each brings.Even Bob Arum knows Floyd's worth no wonder he calls him from everywhere he can see an microphone.

My arguement is simple,you cant say Floyd doesnt have appeal because he has,you cant say he's not the sport's icon because empirical evidence contradicts you.Maybe redefine appeal and icon
it just so happens that floyd didnt save boxing untill dlh decided to fight the p4p #1 who happened to be floyd at the time. the only reason floyd is even relevent today is because of that p4p status he once held. sturm and forbes are not even p4p #20 so your comparison is just more stretching. you have yet to provide that empirical evidence that is so obviously contradicting me.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 AM   #198
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
again, i dont know where you pull these arguments from. up untill the dlh fight the general public had no idea who floyd was. boxing dead? you dont seem to understand the context in which floyd emerged on the scene. i have no idea what you mean by organic growth and how it applies to this discussion

Up until the DLH people did know who Floyd was. Floyd was selling his PPVs at a decent rate.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #199
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Up until the DLH people did know who Floyd was. Floyd was selling his PPVs at a decent rate.
to boxing fans, not the general public. as many have stated before, he couldnt sell his brand in his own home town.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #200
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
to boxing fans, not the general public. as many have stated before, he couldnt sell his brand in his own home town.

What other boxer could besides DLH?

Sure fighting DLH helped but Floyd had his own name out there.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #201
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
What other boxer could besides DLH?

Sure fighting DLH helped but Floyd had his own name out there.
the ones i mentioned as icons earlier, along with many more that i could mention if you really feel it necessary.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #202
Chibuku
I'm awesome
ESB Addict

Quote:
it just so happens that floyd didnt save boxing untill dlh decided to fight the p4p #1 who happened to be floyd at the time. the only reason floyd is even relevent today is because of that p4p status he once held. sturm and forbes are not even p4p #20 so your comparison is just more stretching. you have yet to provide that empirical evidence that is so obviously contradicting me.
DLH's best ppv before Mayweather was 1.4million buys against Trinidad.His next best was 1.0 million against Hopkins. at that time Floyd was maturing doing 350k.Oscar-Floyd did 2.5million,even Trinidad couldnt do that ,then hpw can you guys say Floyd doesnt have appeal?

If someone can sell 2.5 million ppvs,he surely has appeal,what more evidence would you want?

Delahoya's average PPV against other boxers is 950k,surely Floyd was responsible for increasing the numbers.

Same goes with Hatton
Chibuku is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #203
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

of course floyd was partly responsible, he was the #1 p4p fighter but that is a far cry from saving boxing and i can guarrantee that floyd will never see those type of numbers again while dlh could probably match them with margo or pac with the same amount of promotion.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #204
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
of course floyd was partly responsible, he was the #1 p4p fighter but that is a far cry from saving boxing and i can guarrantee that floyd will never see those type of numbers again while dlh could probably match them with margo or pac with the same amount of promotion.

Of course he's retired.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #205
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

for the third time
bandeedo is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #206
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
we allready disscussed why he sold those tickets and with whos help. sugar, tyson, dlh, ali, these are boxers that are also sports icons and floyd will never have that type of appeal nor has he earned it.
Right on the money!
Ambition_Def is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum