Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Delahoya vs Pacquiao: This is what I don't get

Oscar Delahoya saw the fight with Ricky Hatton vs Juan Lazcano. Delahoya obviously saw how vulnerable Hatton would be as an opponent and said he will not fight Hatton and that he belongs at 140. Yet Delahoya is all for making the fight with Pacquiao and Manny is smaller than Hatton. Does this make any sense? Because to be honest I think the golden girl is just trying to get an easy win for his last fight and say he went out beating the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Just my opinion. I don't think Delahoya wants to deal with big strong fighters anymore. What do you guys think?
Dynamite Kid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
tonsetzer
!
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Delahoya vs Pacquiao: This is what I don't get

Well, what i dont get is if dela Hoya is naively enough to think that boxingfans will give him respect for beating a small fighter like Pacman. De la Hoya will lose, no matter how the fight is ending.
tonsetzer is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

No he enquired about hatton but hatton declined because he his fighting mallinaggi.
john b is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsetzer
Well, what i dont get is if dela Hoya is naively enough to think that boxingfans will give him respect for beating a small fighter like Pacman. De la Hoya will lose, no matter how the fight is ending.
Exactly
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Oscar Should Man Up And Take The Fight With Margarito Or Someone His Own Size...a Fight With Cotto Would Be Nice Too! He Wont Dare Touch Williams
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid
Oscar Delahoya saw the fight with Ricky Hatton vs Juan Lazcano. Delahoya obviously saw how vulnerable Hatton would be as an opponent and said he will not fight Hatton and that he belongs at 140. Yet Delahoya is all for making the fight with Pacquiao and Manny is smaller than Hatton. Does this make any sense? Because to be honest I think the golden girl is just trying to get an easy win for his last fight and say he went out beating the #1 P4P fighter in the sport. Just my opinion. I don't think Delahoya wants to deal with big strong fighters anymore. What do you guys think?
De La Hoya lying? De La Hoya facing a guy moving up in weight?

No way!!!!!!!!!!
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
No he enquired about hatton but hatton declined because he his fighting mallinaggi.
As soon as Hatton beat Lazcano he lost interest in Hatton
Old 08-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Williams 27

I agree Dynamite Kid. I think its absurd to even think this fight should made. Both men have proven to be 2 of the best fighters in recent years but the size diffrence is just to great. Why a great fighter like De La Hoya who hasn't fought below 150 in over 6 years, would want his last fight against a natural 130 pounder is beyond me. Pacman has just went up to 135 and did very well, however I dont think he is planning on moving up again for some time. I thought it was somewhat silly for Mayweather (who in my opinion was a natural 140 lbs at the time of his fight with Oscar) to make that fight with De La Hoya. A fight with Pacman is a much bigger size diffrence then the mayweather fight, we are talking about 4 weight divisions apart! Where the hell would they meet at for both men to be at a comfortable weight anyway? I doubt pacman will go above 140 and you know Oscar cant get down below 147 without draining himself and losing some stamina after 8 or 10 rounds. I think this idea is just ridiculous. De La Hoya should go after a Shane Mosley or Winky Wright type of fighter, someone his size.
Williams 27 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Oscar making possibly making 25-30 million for a fight. Does he honestly care what you, the average boxing schmuck thinks a bout him after making that much money?
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee
Oscar making possibly making 25-30 million for a fight. Does he honestly care what you, the average boxing schmuck thinks a bout him after making that much money?
I'm not talking about money genius, i'm talking about principle. I think it's disgusting a guy like Delahoya who has fought as high as 160 fights a guy that just had his first fight at 135 and started at flyweight or somewhere around there. Everyone knows about the money that would generate, noone cares about that. I'm talking about the size difference and the potential danger Pacquiao is in for. Which obviously YOU don't care about. So YOUR the average "boxing schmuck" moron
Old 08-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #11
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
lets not forget manny called out oscar.
True story, but everyone does. Margarito is calling Oscar out and what's Oscar doing? He's ignoring him.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
lets not forget manny called out oscar.
And?

Damn near everyone "calls out" the big money fighters.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams 27
I agree Dynamite Kid. I think its absurd to even think this fight should made. Both men have proven to be 2 of the best fighters in recent years but the size diffrence is just to great. Why a great fighter like De La Hoya who hasn't fought below 150 in over 6 years, would want his last fight against a natural 130 pounder is beyond me. Pacman has just went up to 135 and did very well, however I dont think he is planning on moving up again for some time. I thought it was somewhat silly for Mayweather (who in my opinion was a natural 140 lbs at the time of his fight with Oscar) to make that fight with De La Hoya. A fight with Pacman is a much bigger size diffrence then the mayweather fight, we are talking about 4 weight divisions apart! Where the hell would they meet at for both men to be at a comfortable weight anyway? I doubt pacman will go above 140 and you know Oscar cant get down below 147 without draining himself and losing some stamina after 8 or 10 rounds. I think this idea is just ridiculous. De La Hoya should go after a Shane Mosley or Winky Wright type of fighter, someone his size.
Margo is available and he's doing nothing. That's a fight that would make sense and dollars. Yet he'd rather go after a guy that just had his first fight at 135
Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
jeffradka
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I mean I can't blame the guy for wanting to make a large amount of money. But come on Oscar, everyone knows this is a sham. Oscar just isn't interested in a real tough match up anymore. After all that B.S. he spewed before the Forbes fight about wanting to fight only the best, and he was going after Mayweather cause he needs a challenge to be motivated. I guess that challenge comes in a guy 25 lbs south of him now that mayweathers out of the picture, I hope he loses.
jeffradka is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

De La Hoya is just going after the biggest payday. A guy who's much easier to beat than Margarito.

Understandable, but crappy nonetheless.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum