bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 15711
Default Re: Delahoya vs Pacquiao: This is what I don't get

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
lets not forget manny called out oscar.
so what????? do you think if i call out Oscar he would fight me?
bladerunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee
Oscar making possibly making 25-30 million for a fight. Does he honestly care what you, the average boxing schmuck thinks a bout him after making that much money?

For real. I think a guy who fights and promotes a successful company for a living has other things to worry about than people on message boards calling him a bully and a girl.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
Williams 27

I agree a fight with Margo (who would be very comfortable at 154) would be a great fight, and not a sure win for Oscar. Whatever the outcome it would be a hell of a fight. I understand that De La Hoya wants to go out with a win so maybe a fight with Margo would be a little too dangerous for him, but I agree that fight would make sense and a lot of money. I know I would buy it.
Williams 27 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
why would oscar make his last fight against someone who is JUST getting recognition - a guy that might get beaten within his next couple fights? he wants big names a superstar fight. now that mayweather is gone there are only a few fighters in oscars picky category. by the way i think this fight is bullshit too and sort of a lose lose option for oscar.
Floyd Mayweather got chewed up on these forums for not fighting a guy that is just getting recognition(Cotto) Didn't Oscar say he wanted tough fights? So why not fight the baddest dude on the block right now?(Margo) I think it was only a matter of time before Cotto lost, but I don't think Oscar expected Cotto to lose being that they had a "so called" date in december. Margo's washes Cotto up and it's like Margo doesn't exsist to him. He's choosing a guy that's 25 lbs south(Pacman) I was actually a Delahoya fan before all this fighting Pacquiao crap
Dynamite Kid is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #20
AbbasKhan6428
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=631520130&ref=profile
vCash: 75

dela hoya is a son of a b***th, m***r f***r. we fans are the people who made him rich and this is wat we get. paciquao is twice the fighter dela hoy is, no twice smaller than dela hoya, so this fight aint even gona be cometitive.
AbbasKhan6428 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer

For real. I think a guy who fights and promotes a successful company for a living has other things to worry about than people on message boards calling him a bully and a girl.
Isn't this a boxing website? Where people talk about "boxing" and "boxing" issues and TALK about "boxing" and express opinions? Does Floyd Mayweather care that people online bash him everyday and call him names? I don't think so. Who the hell cares what Oscar would think of this thread? It's about "boxing" isn't it?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #22
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The reason Oscar even considers a fight with Paq is because he knows somebody will always buy these bullshit fights. Jones-Trinidad, Vargas-Mayorga, Hopkins-Anyone, are prime examples. Stop doling out for nostalga fights between former players, and demand top quality matches. Supply and demand!
FlatNose is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid
Isn't this a boxing website? Where people talk about "boxing" and "boxing" issues and TALK about "boxing" and express opinions? Does Floyd Mayweather care that people online bash him everyday and call him names? I don't think so. Who the hell cares what Oscar would think of this thread? It's about "boxing" isn't it?
I never argued otherwise. This fight is a circus.

But I don't expect The Golden Fishnet or the Swiss Banker to care.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #24
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer
I never argued otherwise. This fight is a circus.

But I don't expect The Golden Fishnet or the Swiss Banker to care.
Neither do I. But none the less, it's about boxing.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #25
Williams 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid
Margo is available and he's doing nothing. That's a fight that would make sense and dollars. Yet he'd rather go after a guy that just had his first fight at 135
I think De La Hoya knows deep down that at this point in his career he can't beat Margo. From an analysts stand point its not a mismatch or a sure thing Margo would win, but I dont think Oscar would have full confidence in winning that fight. None the less it would be a great fight and as fans we want to see the best fight the best, not the best at 130 fight the former best at 147 lol.
Williams 27 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #26
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams 27
I agree a fight with Margo would make sense and a lot of money and could definitely be fought at 154 lbs. I think De La Hoya knows that a fight with Margo would not be a sure win and he wants to go out with a W and I understand that, but at the same time we want the best to fight the best and that fight would be a great one no matter who comes out on top. I know I would buy it.
It just seems to me guys like Ivan Calderon, Brian Viloria, and Vic Darchinyan would have a good shot at Oscar right now
Old 08-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #27
cjboboy

vCash: 75

u guys are under estimating manny too much.... i hope he does knock oscar out and end his so called legendary career..
cjboboy is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #28
r_9-Ronaldo
Shinny Shadez
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams 27
I agree Dynamite Kid. I think its absurd to even think this fight should made. Both men have proven to be 2 of the best fighters in recent years but the size diffrence is just to great. Why a great fighter like De La Hoya who hasn't fought below 150 in over 6 years, would want his last fight against a natural 130 pounder is beyond me. Pacman has just went up to 135 and did very well, however I dont think he is planning on moving up again for some time. I thought it was somewhat silly for Mayweather (who in my opinion was a natural 140 lbs at the time of his fight with Oscar) to make that fight with De La Hoya. A fight with Pacman is a much bigger size diffrence then the mayweather fight, we are talking about 4 weight divisions apart! Where the hell would they meet at for both men to be at a comfortable weight anyway? I doubt pacman will go above 140 and you know Oscar cant get down below 147 without draining himself and losing some stamina after 8 or 10 rounds. I think this idea is just ridiculous. De La Hoya should go after a Shane Mosley or Winky Wright type of fighter, someone his size.
I think Oscar knows both those guys destory him, Mosley did it to him in his prime and Mosley is less shot than DLH, Winky would beat DLH anytime in his career and that's why he ducked him after Winks has called him out hundreds of times publicly so forget that one, DLH best shot would've been to fight the smart fight against Margo and it was I a fight DLH had a decent chance in winning and would've gone out with his fans respect regardless of the result
r_9-Ronaldo is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #29
LOS
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_9-Ronaldo
I think Oscar knows both those guys destory him, Mosley did it to him in his prime and Mosley is less shot than DLH, Winky would beat DLH anytime in his career and that's why he ducked him after Winks has called him out hundreds of times publicly so forget that one, DLH best shot would've been to fight the smart fight against Margo and it was I a fight DLH had a decent chance in winning and would've gone out with his fans respect regardless of the result
"dlh had a decent chance in winning and would've gone out with his fans respect regardless of the result"~Couldnt have said it better myself,sooooooo fkg true!!
LOS is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #30
Dynamite Kid
"I Must Break You"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_9-Ronaldo
True story

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum