Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #16
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Khan vs Hatton in 09?

Hatton would be wiping bits of Khans spleen off of his glove after about 30 seconds.
icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #17
girv
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Right now Hatton would simply destroy him.

In one year? If Hatton deteriorates enough and Khan improves enough then it could be a fight but we'd have to see a massive improvement in Khan over the next 12 months.

I bet ****** would love to make this fight if he thought Khan could win, it would give him something to gloat about in NOTW for the next 10 years.

As for Hatton not dealing with ****** again, they have shown us lately with Ray Hatton in charge that money talks no matter who. Hey if Oscar and Bob Arum can kiss and make up why not ****** and Hatton?
girv is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
Ghostface923
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Theres a chance it could happen. In Hattons interview with the news of the world he said he is friends with Khan and it could be a possibility in the future. It seems its definetly a thought in the back of Hattons mind for the future.
Ghostface923 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 06:10 AM   #19
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton has one KO loss and got stunned in his next fight and all of a sudden he is chinny.

Khan got floored by the powerhouse Limond lol , then an ancient Gomez who had lost how many of his last 8 fights ? Who also introduced Khan to body punch pain. The French LW also put Khan down. None of these are in Laczanos class not even in the same school.

Ricky is getting old , Khan is chinny pure and simple. He has great speed but no world class power, Hatton would walk through him in less than 5 ( minutes not rounds ).
riggers is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #20
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

People who don't think this fight will happen.....

Who would have thought Mayweather would eventually fight De La Hoya?

This fight is becoming increasingly possible.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #21
mr_swagger
Journeyman

Until Hatton fights again, no-one can be sure what kind of state his punch resistance is in at this point in his career. It is possible that the illness prior to the Lazcano fight debilitated Hatton, although I tend to think that he has taken far too many hard shots in his career and is in decline in this area. If his punch resistance is okay then it is hard to imagine Khan having any chance against Hatton. I like Khan but I just cannot see how he is going to step up at world level when he is so fragile. Every time he takes a shot he looks vulnerable.

As for Khan not having any power? I think Khan clearly has a decent punch. He stopped Graham Earl in 1 round. This is the same Earl that was involved in a war with Katsidis for about 5 rounds or so. Katsidis is a very dangerous puncher and Earl got up several times and put him on his arse. It is possible that this fight took a lot out of Earl but Khan still embarassed him.

Also, why do people talk about Hatton having a weak chin? Prior to the Mayweather fight, people talked about Hatton as if he was made out of iron. I've seen him take enormous shots from the likes of Tszu and he took right hand after right hand against Mayweather and, in all honesty, was stopped because he lost his head and started to lunge in, making himself susceptable to hard shots that he would not see. He also hit his head against the ring post, which must have contributed significantly to him being stopped. Let's reserve judgement on Hatton until we see him confident and mentally prepared for the challenges ahead. The Lazcano fight was clearly a nightmare for him mentally.

Hatton ko.
mr_swagger is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #22
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

**** me why is this even being discussed, paulie malanaggi could KO khan
faisal is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #23
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter
what fight would make more 's pacquiao/hatton or khan/hatton?
pacc n hatton easily
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #24
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I can't see this happening but if it did it would be one of or if not the biggest british domestic fight ever.

Hatton in his prime would beat Khan I think but if it happened next year it's a very hard fight to call IMO.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #25
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hatton would pummel that kid.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #26
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I agree Hatton has a good chin - to fight the way he does and only have one loss to the P4P No. 1 proves that.

It isn't his chin that is the issue - it is his ability to slip shots and counter. OK - not everyone is a JMM type genius, but sometimes a switch in tactics may help. He is very predictable, the opponent knows he is in for a war and will be thrown around the ring. Being able to deal with that determines whether or not you beat Hatton, as much as boxing ability IMO.

Even in the Mayweather fight it was Hatton dictating the action and making it his fight - yet Floyd did a number on him in a way I wouldn't have predicted. I said closeish UD to Floyd, certainly not late TKO.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #27
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal
**** me why is this even being discussed, paulie malanaggi could KO khan
Cos its a boxing forum?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #28
nicofly
Caretaker
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
Khan doesn't have enough power to keep Hatton at a distance, and has a Newcastle United style kamikaze defence.

Hatton KO4 death by ribcage

nicofly is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #29
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

with 2 glass chins on show you never can be too sure, but realistically Hatton beats the guy, who has not even moved up from domestic level fighters, where he keeps getting decked and tested fully.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 03:41 AM   #30
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks
with 2 glass chins on show you never can be too sure, but realistically Hatton beats the guy, who has not even moved up from domestic level fighters, where he keeps getting decked and tested fully.
Glass chins?

If you mean Hatton you are just being ****ing stupid and boring to boot. The standard of debate on here at times is shit, it's playground level.

This fight could well happen by the way, I'm beginning to suspect Hatton will carry on for a few fights yet. And we know how boxing works. They don't start discussing the fight publicly unless they are thinking about it.
trotter is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum