Old 08-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #46
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan vs Hatton in 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
If Hatton gets past Pac in a spring fight, he might be tempted to hang on for Khan late summer/ early autumn....
Would Khan even want the fight at that point? Makes no sense for his career I'd suggest. Seeing as he'd be very, very likely to lose (if Hatton has got past Paulie and Pac I think that's fair to say).

I foresee a good couple of years before Khan goes near world level, there's a Sky deal to see through first for a start, and he IS Sports Network at the moment...

There again the money and opportunity in a Hatton fight might change their minds
trotter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I think it would depend on Khans attitude, he may think Hatton was ready for the taking and that the fight was "now or never" with Hattons impending retirement.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #48
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Can the people who think Khan can beat Hatton please give the one defining moment in his career thus far that has you convinced?
KCD is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #49
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I'm struggling.........
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #50
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think we will know more after the Prescott fight!
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #51
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

After another long count and premature stoppage?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #52
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Anybody??????
KCD is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #53
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
Anybody??????
I'm not saying that Khan will deffo beat Hatton at all I am saying it's potentially a 60/40 fight in Hatton's favour judging by his last performance where I believe he looked very bad despite what the sky commentators would have you believe.

I can see this version of Ricky Hatton potentially taking a lot of punishment from Khan and losing on a late stoppage or cuts.

On the other hand, I don't think that Khan could keep Hatton off him for 12 rounds either so that's why I think it is almost a pickem fight for me.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #54
TFFP

vCash:

Hatton will kill him, in any state. You guys are really hoping beyond hope for a fight that will match the hype - you just won't get it.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #55
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeejack
I'm not saying that Khan will deffo beat Hatton at all I am saying it's potentially a 60/40 fight in Hatton's favour judging by his last performance where I believe he looked very bad despite what the sky commentators would have you believe.

I can see this version of Ricky Hatton potentially taking a lot of punishment from Khan and losing on a late stoppage or cuts.

On the other hand, I don't think that Khan could keep Hatton off him for 12 rounds either so that's why I think it is almost a pickem fight for me.
It's not even close to being a 'pickem'

Khan still hasn't fought outside of domestic class.

He was given fits by Gomez, who is similar to Hatton, but a lot worse.

Khan needs to prove he can fight on the inside. Can take a punch. Can take a shot to the body. Can fight a guy the same size as him. Can fight a guy bigger than him. Can prevent himself from eating shots. And can stop people getting on the inside against him.

Once he's shown some of these attributes, I'll give him a small chance against Hatton.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #56
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
It's not even close to being a 'pickem'

Khan still hasn't fought outside of domestic class.

He was given fits by Gomez, who is similar to Hatton, but a lot worse.

Khan needs to prove he can fight on the inside. Can take a punch. Can take a shot to the body. Can fight a guy the same size as him. Can fight a guy bigger than him. Can prevent himself from eating shots. And can stop people getting on the inside against him.

Once he's shown some of these attributes, I'll give him a small chance against Hatton.
I really don't think Hatton is bigger than him in any sense. He's not that thick, except in the legs, and Khan is broad. Khan is way taller and longer.

There is something ****ed up about Hatton's bone structure (and eating habits), otherwise he'd make lightweight

Otherwise, I agree with everything. Khan was visibily hurt from Gomez's body shots, christ this is a former super feather YEARS past his peak. I really see Khan in a heap.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #57
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Hatton has walked through bigger punchers than Khan and been able to get on the inside. Once this happens, it will be the end.

He has kamikaze defence, and cannot fight on the inside for toffee - and doesn't like brawling full stop.

Who is the #2 P4P brawler currently??

A certain Mr Hatton I would say.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #58
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I really don't think Hatton is bigger than him in any sense. He's not that thick, except in the legs, and Khan is broad. Khan is way taller and longer.

There is something ****ed up about Hatton's bone structure (and eating habits), otherwise he'd make lightweight

Otherwise, I agree with everything. Khan was visibily hurt from Gomez's body shots, christ this is a former super feather YEARS past his peak. I really see Khan in a heap.
But Khan's beating up 130 pound guys every fight, Hatton is bigger than these people.

Big's probably the wrong word though, strong would be better. Khan has not come close to showing he can handle a guy as strong as Hatton.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #59
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But Khan's beating up 130 pound guys every fight, Hatton is bigger than these people.

Big's probably the wrong word though, strong would be better. Khan has not come close to showing he can handle a guy as strong as Hatton.
No, you were right, seeing as Khan fights at 135 and Hatton has a WORLD TITLE at 147 he's bigger alright
trotter is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #60
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:

I'm not sure it even comes down to strength and size. It's simply that Khan can't deal with pressure of any sort, he can't keep a guy at range with his offence and he's inept defensively inside.

He's soft around the ribs..and well..his chin is horrible.

There are numerous SFW's, lightweights or jr welters that will beat him.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum