Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Thereīs no info or threads about this great fighter yet.

23 years old Russian. 15-0 with 8 KO. Managed by Finnish P3 Boxing. Fights in the same cards with guys like Asikainen, Tolppola and with Helenius too, in the future. Shafikov has a "whirl-wind" style, he is very mobile and fast. He isnīt a one-punch banger, but breaks down his opponents with series of sharp lightning-bolts.

Shafikov has crushed all his opponents solidly, but in his last fight american Shawn Gallegos (16-3 back then) gave him a good fight. Shafikov still won clearly on points, 99-91. He made his Finnish debut last year by shut-outing Cristian Frias (20-1-2 then) over 8 rounds.

Shafikovīs next fight will be against KO-artist Andrzej Stark (14-4, 13 KO) in the Tampere card headlined by Asikainen on 30th of this month. I honestly believe that this "Djingis Khan" is ready to fight for the European title next year. You might expect him to enter the EBU rank list after he beats Sark this month.

Here is Shafikov on the left, with Juho Tolppola:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
VHB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Since I opened this thread, Shafikov has stopped the previously unstopped Andrzej Sark, Lopsidedly decisioned former WBA world champ Raul Balbi, Stopped thailandian Decho Banklyaygum in 2nd and comfortably decisioned Juan Carlos Rodriguez.

Shafikov has entered the EBU rankings, right now he is ranked #9 in Europe...

19-0 (10 KO)
VHB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB View Post
Thereīs no info or threads about this great fighter yet.

23 years old Russian. 15-0 with 8 KO. Managed by Finnish P3 Boxing. Fights in the same cards with guys like Asikainen, Tolppola and with Helenius too, in the future. Shafikov has a "whirl-wind" style, he is very mobile and fast. He isnīt a one-punch banger, but breaks down his opponents with series of sharp lightning-bolts.

Shafikov has crushed all his opponents solidly, but in his last fight american Shawn Gallegos (16-3 back then) gave him a good fight. Shafikov still won clearly on points, 99-91. He made his Finnish debut last year by shut-outing Cristian Frias (20-1-2 then) over 8 rounds.

Shafikovīs next fight will be against KO-artist Andrzej Stark (14-4, 13 KO) in the Tampere card headlined by Asikainen on 30th of this month. I honestly believe that this "Djingis Khan" is ready to fight for the European title next year. You might expect him to enter the EBU rank list after he beats Sark this month.

Here is Shafikov on the left, with Juho Tolppola:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
By the way,vhb,do you think that Tolppola has a chance to upset Brewster on the undercard of Valuev vs Chagaev????

As for Shafikov keep informing us about his progress and his next fights! Good job!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 844
vCash: 75
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
By the way,vhb,do you think that Tolppola has a chance to upset Brewster on the undercard of Valuev vs Chagaev????
Tolppola has no chance of upsetting Brewster in Helsinki, cos these two fighters wont be in the same time in the ring. And even if they would be Tolppola would have no chance. He weights only 63,5 kilos (140 pounds), when Brewster is a solid heavyweight.
Toney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney View Post
Tolppola has no chance of upsetting Brewster in Helsinki, cos these two fighters wont be in the same time in the ring. And even if they would be Tolppola would have no chance. He weights only 63,5 kilos (140 pounds), when Brewster is a solid heavyweight.
Who knows!!!!!!

I mixed him up with his compatriot Haapoya,obviously.

Well,does Haapoya stand a chance against Brewster? Can he upset Brewster fighthing against all the odds?
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ~The Cold Wind Is Blowing from The East~
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Who knows!!!!!!

I mixed him up with his compatriot Haapoya,obviously.

Well,does Haapoya stand a chance against Brewster? Can he upset Brewster fighthing against all the odds?
No Change, Zero, Nada! Haapoja has fast hands can even throw some combinations against limited opposition, but no power and tends to stay and Brawl= Game over with Brewster. Brester lays out him via body shot in round 1.
JohnAkiBoa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ~The Cold Wind Is Blowing from The East~
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

May I present! Juho Haapoja:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He actually reminds me White version of James Toney literally

Haapoja is a Finnish Gift to Boxing World
JohnAkiBoa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Hey, I used to portray Haapoja like that.

Until he shut my mouth with his good boxing.

Watch yourself, or you will meet my fate.

I think Haapoja will fight a good fight. Winning is almost impossible... but not completely!
VHB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 844
vCash: 75
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Haapoja is very likable character and a decent boxer. I really think that he would be competitive against guys like Scott Gammer. Martin Rogan, Mario Prescar, Gengiz Koc and so on, but I also think that Brewster will just overpower him and walk all over him in the early rounds.
Toney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
tua2001
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Do someone have their video?
tua2001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ~The Cold Wind Is Blowing from The East~
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Shafikov smoked his opponent in one round just a second ago... It was a mismatch.

But let me tell you this guy will win first EBU title.. then he will go after worldchampions.. This Shafikov is a Beast!

He is only 23 years old... Keep Your eye on him, Im telling you...
JohnAkiBoa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
raksa
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 84
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAkiBoa View Post
S
But let me tell you this guy will win first EBU title.. then he will go after worldchampions.. This Shafikov is a Beast!
This is so true. Shafikov will be definitely champion in the future. EBU title easily but worldchampion... who knows.
raksa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 222
vCash: 10950
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Shafikov against John Cotterill Jr

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 75
Default Re: Dennis "Djingis Khan" Shafikov - Russian Jr. Welter Prospect!

Shafikov will fight for the EBU light-welterweight title against the veteran Guiseppe Lauri.
The title is vacant at the moment, since McCloskey vacated it in order to fight Khan.

I expect Shafikov to win this one.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013