:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394
Default Re: Green Beyer II (Rd 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Good to see you back joffo!

I just watched the fight again, and this is how I scored it:

rd 1 - draw (could be argued it was a Green round though, as Beyer was very tentative and Green landed more jabs)

rds 2, 4, 6, 10 and 12 to Green - NB - rd 12 was 10-8 to Green

rds 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 to Beyer

So 6 rds to 5 with 1 rd a draw, but Green's 10-8 rd 12 makes it a draw.

The Italian judge got it right!

But yeah, watching Green's entrance he was too ****y, and I think he thought it was going to a repeat of their first fight without the DQ - he didn't fight intelligently, but having said that, he still put in a good account of himself.

Watching it again, Green looked very tired from rd 7 onwards, but he did very well to nail Beyer in the 12th.

I don't know what the rules were, but yes, Beyer got a standing 8 count, but again, he didn't go down cleanly - he was definitely on his way down, but the Green fell on top of him, which kind of messed up the fact that Beyer eventually touched the canvas.

Green was very gracious in defeat, and it wasn't a schooling as my memory had led me to believe.

Green was counterpunched well by Beyer, but he also stayed competitive in the fight.

PS - Green's wife is a ****ing honey - hadn't seen her for ages!!!

About to watch Briggs vs Jorge Castro - an unlikely looking bloke, but a tough opponent
Muttley, You scoring a Green fight would be the same as Gav scoring a Mundine fight
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 02:56 AM   #19
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Green was terribly unlucky in this fight. The scoring, etc was fair, but I remember seeing an interview with Danny (think it was on the 2 hour doco about him) and he mentioned how the ref told him afterwards that one more punch and he would have stopped the fight.
Though the ref was probably EelsRule and he was just winding him up.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
Muttley, You scoring a Green fight would be the same as Gav scoring a Mundine fight
I remember coming on ESB just after the Kessler/Mundine fight and Gav (who was Boxa, or The_Man back then) made 3 or so threads about the fight. One of them was titled..."MUNDINE JUST BEAT A BLOKE 10 IKGS HEAVIER THAN HIM", one of the others was "MUNDINE NEVER GOT HIT AND STILL LOST" or something along those lines.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #21
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

I like Danny, but could not send more than 4 rounds his way for that fight there was probably 1 round that was a draw IMO, but the rest went to Beyer.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 05:29 AM   #22
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm not suprised Green didn't seem has switched on in Beyey II after watching the fight game DVD, it sure did show he had a pretty ****ed up training camp with injuries etc and him and Jeff were barely on speaking terms.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #23
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
I like Danny, but could not send more than 4 rounds his way for that fight there was probably 1 round that was a draw IMO, but the rest went to Beyer.
Watch the fight again Hmm like I did.

Like I said, I had stored it in my memory as a schooling of Green by Beyer, but I was surprised when I just watched it again to see that Green did effectively win 5 rounds.

The problme was watching it at the time, Green didn't look as good as he had in their first fight, and so it seemed Beyer was handling him with great ease, but he wasn't. And everyone was convinced Green was going to walk straight through Beyer again (even Green, unfortunately).

Green still landed some nice shots on Beyer throughout the fight...rd 6 I think it was, where he came out and landed the same right cross left uppercut on Beyer 3 times in a row - very nice combo.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr
I'm not suprised Green didn't seem has switched on in Beyey II after watching the fight game DVD, it sure did show he had a pretty ****ed up training camp with injuries etc and him and Jeff were barely on speaking terms.
Yep, agreed - with hindsight it's easy to see - in between rounds, Green wouldn't even look at Fenech, and Fenech was very subdued in giving instructions to Green. The only time Green was doing what Fenech told him to was breathing in deep.

Knowing now that they had fallen out, you can see it between them.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #25
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter Mcgavin
Just to be short and sweet, there is no excuse whatsoever about Green Losing to Beyer because of his corner Muttley you scored the fight a draw 114-114 what a nuthugger, your have to be Aussie's esb pfp no1 nuthugger you should be holding your head down in embarrasment he lost and it was against a 5'9 junior middleweight you Green fans should just forget about this fight and stay away from talking about it just like you are all doing with mentioning Mundine's Annihilation of Green

shooter!
another ignore list nominee
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #26
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter Mcgavin
Just to be short and sweet, there is no excuse whatsoever about Green Losing to Beyer because of his corner Muttley you scored the fight a draw 114-114 what a nuthugger, your have to be Aussie's esb pfp no1 nuthugger you should be holding your head down in embarrasment he lost and it was against a 5'9 junior middleweight you Green fans should just forget about this fight and stay away from talking about it just like you are all doing with mentioning Mundine's Annihilation of Green

shooter!

Shooter

More & more nuthuggers by the day.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #27
Barge FTA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Boom Boom was hot that night baby. It will go down as the best win in his career.
Barge FTA is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Watch the fight again Hmm like I did.

Like I said, I had stored it in my memory as a schooling of Green by Beyer, but I was surprised when I just watched it again to see that Green did effectively win 5 rounds.

The problme was watching it at the time, Green didn't look as good as he had in their first fight, and so it seemed Beyer was handling him with great ease, but he wasn't. And everyone was convinced Green was going to walk straight through Beyer again (even Green, unfortunately).

Green still landed some nice shots on Beyer throughout the fight...rd 6 I think it was, where he came out and landed the same right cross left uppercut on Beyer 3 times in a row - very nice combo.
I've only seen the fight when it was on tele. I remember thinking at rd 8 "hey Green is losing this" I didnt think Beyer was leading by a great amount. I will watch the fight again to give my worthless 2 cents.

Last edited by Ansel; 04-03-2006 at 09:52 AM.
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #29
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
I've only seen the fight when it was on tele. I remember thinking at rd 8 "hey Green is losing this" I didnt think Beyer was leading by a great amount. I will watch the fight again to give my worthless 2 cents.
Please do , I am interested in seeing if you agree with my scoring of it
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #30
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I had Green losing by only 1 point if my memory serves me correct.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum