Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
TFFP

vCash:
Default "I'm a great now" - Khan

British boxing sensation Amir Khan has spoken of his delight at joining the legends of the fight game on Sky Box Office.
The 21-year-old Commonwealth lightweight champion will make his Box Office debut on September 6 against unbeaten lightweight Breidis Prescott at the MEN Arena in Manchester, the first event in a multi-fight deal that is expected to take the Olympic silver medalist to a world title.
The Bolton star is relishing the prospect, telling Sky Sports News: "To be up with Naz, Chris Eubank, Frank Bruno, Mike Tyson - they are living legends. To be alongside them on Sky Box Office, it means a lot to me and my family. When I took up boxing at the age of eight, this was my dream and you know, people could say I'm as good as them now, you know, like."
As for his Colombian opponent, Khan added: "He is a well-known name in the USA, he has had 19 fights, won 19 with 17 KOs, so he brings an undefeated record, as do I. It's going to be a tough fight but I have been training hard for this fight. I am going to go in there with one thought in my head which is to go in there and win."
And he has a warning for Sky Box Office viewers: "Don't blink. My fights are very explosive. Anything can happen."
Progress

Khan has started working with his new coach Jorge Rubio and is happy with the progress they are making together. "There were a few coaches I had on the list," he said. "I trained with every coach and I just gelled with Rubio. Since then I took him on and I think he's a brilliant coach.
"We have been working on different techniques. He has got my defence coming on a lot, better than it was before, also working on new techniques that I didn't use before. It's going to make me a totally different fighter. He has changed my style a lot but it is for the best.
"Sometimes I get too confident, my hands drop. I've got to stay focused all the way in the fight, keep the hands up, just don't give the opponent a chance in the fight because once I give him a chance, they get their confidence and the fight can go the other way.
"Boxing is a dangerous sport - one punch can change a fight around, so I am not going to give my opponents a chance any more. I am just going to go in there and do a job."
Hatton fight

There has been speculation this week of a possible all-British showdown between Khan and world light-welterweight champion Ricky Hatton. Khan is keen for that fight to happen.
"Hopefully it could be," he added. "In 12 months time I want to move up a weight and definitely that is a fight of the future that the British public want to see. I'd love the fight myself. Ricky is a great champion. He has done it the hard way and it would be brilliant to share the same ring as him and put a great fight on for the British fans."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts? Is he up there with the greats?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: "I'm a great now" - Khan

TommyV is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
people could say I'm as good as them now, you know, like."
No, we couldn't say that, you know, like.

What a little wanker. Hope he gets KO'd.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Earth to Amir
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In the words of Mick Jagger at Altamont - 'People, people, people - chill OUTTTTT'

The link is there folks, use it

You are a sly prick TFFP, I laughed, but that's naughty
trotter is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He really doesn't help himself at all does he?

I said earlier today that a fight between him and Hatton could potentially be a close one if Hatton's declining like I think he is. I hope the fight happens and Hatton proves me wrong, pulls out one last great performance and breaks Khan in half.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Theres a fair bit of artistic license been used in the thread title.....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
TFFP

vCash:

I was just trying to draw attention to what are some fairly bold words from Amir

"I'm up there with the legends" he reckons

What do you all think?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

has this been posted on the general board with our yankee freinds. they could do with a laugh
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I was just trying to draw attention to what are some fairly bold words from Amir

"I'm up there with the legends" he reckons

What do you all think?
"To be up with Naz, Chris Eubank, Frank Bruno, Mike Tyson - they are living legends. To be alongside them on Sky Box Office, it means a lot to me and my family. When I took up boxing at the age of eight, this was my dream and you know, people could say I'm as good as them now, you know, like."

I think that says it all really.

So he thinks he's as good as Naz, Eubank and Tyson? He can't have been saying that with a straight face surely.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeejack
"To be up with Naz, Chris Eubank, Frank Bruno, Mike Tyson - they are living legends. To be alongside them on Sky Box Office, it means a lot to me and my family. When I took up boxing at the age of eight, this was my dream and you know, people could say I'm as good as them now, you know, like."

I think that says it all really.

So he thinks he's as good as Naz, Eubank and Tyson? He can't have been saying that with a straight face surely.
I'm pretty sure he was at this point, his arrogance is off the scale

I don't think he realises what he's saying so it might not be funny to young Amir
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

As for his Colombian opponent, Khan added: "He is a well-known name in the USA,"
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #14
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
As for his Colombian opponent, Khan added: "He is a well-known name in the USA,"

Amir "Self-proclaimed Legend" Khan vs. Someone "Huge draw" Scott

I can't believe this isn't being built up as an international superfight when you look at it like that. Maybe it really is PPV worthy.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

OK I'll spell it out because TFFP is actually being malicious now and people are saying they'll post it elsewhere etc - it just ain't cricket

TFFP is taking the piss people, Khan didn't say half these things, TFFP has added some extra words here and there
trotter is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum