Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #46
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: Angelo Hyder's Corrupt Promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Heard a whisper that hyder is packing up and moving to west oz.
Whys that? is NSW boxing going to suspend his licence?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #47
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Whys that? is NSW boxing going to suspend his licence?
Nah, it hasnt got anything to do with this fiasco. I dont know the reason.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #48
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Very strange move for Hyder imo. Few boxers are based from WA, he will have to spend more money on promos to fly fighters into WA, unless he is droping his shows and just focusing on making money with Green fighting bums in WA.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #49
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i cant post a new thread. so i need a thread that says close to what i want to in a title. im not up angelo. its just that his thread is the closest to what i want to say...........

so tell me......; why cant any young or old australian promotors break through ANY OF THE NEW OR ESTABLISHED DIGITAL TV STATIONS NOW AVAILABLE?

is it lack of boxing talent?

or lack of promoting talent?
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #50
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
i cant post a new thread. so i need a thread that says close to what i want to in a title. im not up angelo. its just that his thread is the closest to what i want to say...........

so tell me......; why cant any young or old australian promotors break through ANY OF THE NEW OR ESTABLISHED DIGITAL TV STATIONS NOW AVAILABLE?

is it lack of boxing talent?

or lack of promoting talent?
bit of both, not big audiences watching the fights, struggle against rival programs, imagine boxing against the footy on a friday night we struggle badly
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #51
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187 View Post
bit of both, not big audiences watching the fights, struggle against rival programs, imagine boxing against the footy on a friday night we struggle badly
um....khoder got around that......by fighting during the week... so why cant other promotors think that way?
Old 08-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #52
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

You need to have good corporate backing out in the world, & be willing to risk losing some money to make money, make the product interesting for the consumer, especially outside the boxing diehards.
Get some boxers with potential & get them exposure through local media, whether it be through radio, local newspapers, fundraisers etc.
Be willing to create contacts in other sports codes to try & fuel interest.
Have boxers regularly fighting in their home cities early in their careers to manufacture a fan base. The worst thing promoters can do at any level is make a boxer fight regularly outside their home cities as in the long run it creates no fanbase that can relate to where the fighter grew from. Obviously the top echelon of fighters this theory does not apply.

Being a promoter is the toughest job at times, because things can turn from looking great to terrible fast, & your held responsible for everything which turns many people away from doing it.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 AM   #53
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
You need to have good corporate backing out in the world, & be willing to risk losing some money to make money, make the product interesting for the consumer, especially outside the boxing diehards.

see, that is the bullshit. tv presents crap sport. bowls, netball, and many obscure sports i cant think of, that others will.....

boxing is popular. WHATS THE ****EN PROBLEM!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #54
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Get some boxers with potential & get them exposure through local media, whether it be through radio, local newspapers, fundraisers etc.
Have boxers regularly fighting in their home cities early in their careers to manufacture a fan base. The worst thing promoters can do at any level is make a boxer fight regularly outside their home cities as in the long run it creates no fanbase that can relate to where the fighter grew from. Obviously the top echelon of fighters this theory does not apply.

Being a promoter is the toughest job at times, because things can turn from looking great to terrible fast, & your held responsible for everything which turns many people away from doing it.
Alot of what i mentioned comes straight out of the best promotional company in the worlds model - Top Rank Boxing.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #55
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You need to have good corporate backing out in the world, .
SO ALL THE BULLSHIT SPORTS I SEE ON TV, HAVE GREATER CORPORATE BACKING????!!!!!

SOMEONE IS ****ING UP.

I wish i could start a thread on obscure sports that we see on tv that are smaller than boxing......
Old 08-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #56
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
SO ALL THE BULLSHIT SPORTS I SEE ON TV, HAVE GREATER CORPORATE BACKING????!!!!!

SOMEONE IS ****ING UP.

I wish i could start a thread on obscure sports that we see on tv that are smaller than boxing......
How do you expect to create interest in your product from scratch.
Every sport at some time or another had good corporate backing along the way.
Without it you will have greater difficulty getting your product off the ground.
Boxing over the years has shot itself in the foot like football(soccer) & other sport codes in this country.
Boxing is never an easy sell out in the community (has a bad reputation in parts, due to media always showing its negative side more often than not), but showing interest in the community & going up & beyond would help bridge the gap.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #57
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

If i were building a prospect from where i live near Fremantle, Western Australia i would make it my priority to get everyone from that region to know all about him through local media work, local community initiatives etc.
Host most of his early fights in a ballroom/small indoor arena in the neighbourhood showcasing other local talent.
If this prospect were real good, i would not rest until nearly every male teenager/young to mid age male adult had at least read or heard about him & the good work he was doing around the community.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #58
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
How do you expect to create interest in your product from scratch.
what the **** are you on about....? FROM SCRATCH!!!!?????

GET REAL!!! australia has been a famous boxing nation since 1901!!!!!!

we have had great champs......**** i need not explain myself.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #59
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Have boxers regularly fighting in their home cities early in their careers to manufacture a fan base.

The worst thing promoters can do at any level is make a boxer fight regularly outside their home cities as in the long run it creates no fanbase that can relate to where the fighter grew from. Obviously the top echelon of fighters this theory does not apply.

This has happened to some degree to both Kats & Vic, even though they have reached the top echelon Kegsy.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #60
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
This has happened to some degree to both Kats & Vic, even though they have reached the top echelon Kegsy.
Kats & Vic sell alot better outside Australia, than they do in it no doubt.
They are lucky that reaching that top echelon they have not needed huge local fanbases.

Look at 1 of the biggest sellers of tickets in the US, Middleweight prospect Fernando Guerrero. Brilliantly managed, has had the majority of his early fights in Salisbury, Maryland, where he can draw around 10,000 people to his fights.
Why??? Coz he has gotten out in the community & put in the hard yards.
People expect popularity & interest just to come....hard work from everyone Promoter, Manager & Boxer is needed.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum