Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default sliping

i really need help with slipping. i suck at it. i usually just block jabs in sparring but my coach said that is gunna make me lose points when im really boxing. so how did you guys get better at slipping? im thinking of making a slip bag but dont know how to make it. any other ideas?
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Default Re: sliping

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghypnotiq
i really need help with slipping. i suck at it. i usually just block jabs in sparring but my coach said that is gunna make me lose points when im really boxing. so how did you guys get better at slipping? im thinking of making a slip bag but dont know how to make it. any other ideas?
If you are blocking you're not losing points, you're just not scoring any, but if you really are blocking they aren't scoring any either. Have someone throw punches at you......and you slip them. Over and over and over.....
amy is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
isaac11
can you see my punches??

they dont go over this stuff while your hitting the mits?
people usually do it like that
isaac11 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac11
I don't think he goes to a gym with a trainer or anything.
amy is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
He thinks boxing is like hitting each other with a pillow, so obviously he hasn't done real sparring yet.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
isaac11
can you see my punches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
a little place called his imagination
isaac11 is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
magnificentdave
Constant Reminder
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1540

a slip bag would be easy to make, you just need a relatively soft 5 pound bag of something on a string that swings straight...
magnificentdave is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac11
no we do but i ****ing suck i either slip to much or not enuff. i madea slip ball out of a suck and rocks. so that way if i get hit i will feel it =)
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
MrSmall
Journeyman

A sack and rocks?
So if you don't slip it in time or properly you get hit in the face with a bag of stone?
Nice, I gotta try it.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #10
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

thats the reason i did it so it will make me work harder not to get hit.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
south_paw

vCash: 75

A bag of stone... think you could post a video of yourself using it for the first time. That would be great.
south_paw is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
I would advise you to get another coach, if he thinks you will lose points blocking he clearly doenst know anything about Amateur boxing or their electronic scoring system.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
no we do but i ****ing suck i either slip to much or not enuff. i madea slip ball out of a suck and rocks. so that way if i get hit i will feel it =)
You are not the sharpest tool in the shed are you
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Man... this is why people rip on you so bad here. If you're a beginner, don't come on here playing the "tough guy" front and expect respect because you won't get it. In real life conversation that might work, but this is the Internet. People can't see you. They have no idea who you are, and then you come here making these statements and expect them to believe you?

Try this: be humble. I'm assuming you're a beginner to boxing, judging by the questions you ask. So ask your question, read what other people put down, take what you can and thank the more experienced guys on here for putting in their time and bothering to respond to you. Now, I'm not trying to piss you off now, but even if it's true, don't go making bold statements about how many martial arts you've been in, what crazy amount you can lift, or how your going to train with a slip bag made out of a "suck and rocks"... you get the idea. You're not proving anything to anyone-they can't see you so they won't believe it until they see it. Unless you feel like posting videos to back it up please quit bragging about yourself. You'll find that people will bust your balls alot less. Unless they're Relentless, in which case he'll rip on you no matter what you say . Got all that?
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #15
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Mac
Man... this is why people rip on you so bad here. If you're a beginner, don't come on here playing the "tough guy" front and expect respect because you won't get it. In real life conversation that might work, but this is the Internet. People can't see you. They have no idea who you are, and then you come here making these statements and expect them to believe you?

Try this: be humble. I'm assuming you're a beginner to boxing, judging by the questions you ask. So ask your question, read what other people put down, take what you can and thank the more experienced guys on here for putting in their time and bothering to respond to you. Now, I'm not trying to piss you off now, but even if it's true, don't go making bold statements about how many martial arts you've been in, what crazy amount you can lift, or how your going to train with a slip bag made out of a "suck and rocks"... you get the idea. You're not proving anything to anyone-they can't see you so they won't believe it until they see it. Unless you feel like posting videos to back it up please quit bragging about yourself. You'll find that people will bust your balls alot less. Unless they're Relentless, in which case he'll rip on you no matter what you say . Got all that?
Dont Bother, Young keep using the rocks kid sooner or later it might just knock some sense into your head.
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing