Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #46
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deram
Good to see that you have a coherent and intelligent argument. I guess that proves a point.
I don't have to waste my time composing an extensive argument to prove that you're an ass. I'm sure that anyone who has read your posts will back me up.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #47
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

it's pretty simple really sues.your a superpower, basically the worlds only superpower and you're going to attract shit,wether it be in sport,politics,economics or tiddlywinks it comes with the territory.us brits got it for a helluva long time and even today when we havn't been a superpower for a long,long,time we still attract shit as the old colonial power.get used to it it's part of the deal.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #48
ChuckYoungblood
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 261
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom


If it proves anything, it's that you're a whining jackass who makes false accusations of "anti-white" racism at the drop of a hat.
Eh, did you qote the right post. I don't think Deram said that...

But of course people are more interested in fighters from their own country. And sometimes one guy can derail a whole thread by making an insane and biased analysis, causing levelheaded people to grab for their guns to "even out the balance". I definately feel that way sometimes, when one fighter gets all the praise.
ChuckYoungblood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #49
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,956
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wind
I have to admit that I do sometimes favour the "international" fighter, solely on the grounds of him being "international".

I do this, partly because I usually know him better and partly because, like many non-americans - i think - I'm fed up with the American way of interacting with the rest of the world.
In Boxing as in most other aspects of life.

There is a whole world outside America and the feeling I generally have towards Americans is that you guys are oblivious to most anything going on outside of your boarders.

This has very little to do with boxing per se, but it may help to shed some light over the "anti-American" sentiment here, as in other places.

Correct me if my assumptions below are wrong. Let me state first off that I do not agree with any sort of violence - at all - performed on either side.

1. you don't understand that 9/11 is a logical consequence of your foreign policy since ww2

2. you don't understand that Israel as a state, financed by USA is the main reason for the middle east conflict, thus making YOU the main reason for it.

3. you don't understand that invading a country and fighting peeps that are defending their homes is a war that cannot be won. It never has been and history is full of examples of this.

4. you don't have much history yourselves, so history as a subject is of little importance - rendering you unable to correct the mistakes of yore and maiking them again and again.

5. you speak English and that's it - and automatically assume that the rest of us will abandon our mother tongues in order for us to communicate - when in fact our languages are, for most parts, older than yours

6. you have all the power in the world and very little understanding of what to do with it, so you play the policemen of the world. No one likes the police.

7. your nation pollutes more than all the rest of the world combined (!)
and your government won't sign agreements to lower the emissions of green house gasses. It's as if you think that pollution won't hit America as hard as the rest of the world. I don't know why you think this.. other than you are God's chosen people or something like that? Enlighten me..

8. your "constitutional rights" as individuals to persue happines only goes for those who agree with you. If your idea of happiness differs from the US model, you will be slaughtered as "terror cells" when in fact, most peeps just want to be left in peace.

9. you seem to think that all other nations wish you harm, when in fact you could just withdraw your troops and leave people alone.

10. you are omnipotent, but fear the rest of us. I guess you always have, since being evicted from the old countries and beginning the systematic extermination of anything alien.

The list goes on..
This is to say that when dealing with Americans, I for one tend to have all this in the back of my mind - which sometimes, I admit, clouds my judgement of a fighter.
When an American fighter loses to a European, I generally rejoice. Mostly because in my clouded mind, the European fighter has beaten none other than GW Bush and his terror regime (not even elected - and you still claim that you are a democratic nation, licenced to over throw foreign officials, if you thing they are wronfully installed)

I know this is unfair to a boxer who just tries to do his best and it really is something that I am aware of - but, as I said above, the world outside boxing clouds my judgement.

Seen isolated, I agree that Pernell would prolly have Zoo's number, but I would back KT in any discussion.

And JC, who is fighting my fav fighter next, will never be in any trouble against any shape of bhop, prime or no prime.. And Kessler will retire them both.
Why? because Kessler is Danish and so am I
(I hope you realize that I know this is not a valid argument I'm making, but merely an example of the way I sometimes think)

In reality, I see that JC has stuff to trouble Kessler and that x is not the ideal guy to fight if you want certain victory..

It irritates me that Eurofighters are being scolded for not going where the big fights are. Where is the biggest fight of 07?
Cardiff, wales, that's where. Why would either JC or VW want to go to Vegas for chump change to get cheateed by some bought judges like Sturm vs. ODLH, when thay can make lots more by fighting each other in Cardiff?

It's the arrogance and ignorance (funny how those two always go hand in hand, ain't it?), I think, that most non US peeps feel comes from America that have them hoping for the "international" fighter to win.

And for the record...
Football is the most played sport in the world. It's called football, because the nature of the game involves using your feet on the ball, rather than the hands (basketball, volleyball, handball (the real handball, not the silly game against a wall, that you guys think I'm referring to) american football, etc.)

So a small step in the right direction would be to acknowledge this fact and call the sport football and not some silly name that you have made up. Soccer? what is that? (this point goes for the Aussies as well - tho I'm sure they really know better their's is just habbit, rather than arrogance.

So... that said - I hereby promise to make an effort to better my ways.

Increase the peace.
How old are you? Seriously.

I spent twenty minutes writing a big long reply to each of your pointsbut I'm not going to post it because this is the BS logic "flame war" logic that this thread is talking about.

I will say one thing. You admit that you will back a guy like Tszu over Whitiker even if you think that pea would have his number. Well thats crap. And its not crap becaues your anti american its crap because you are agruing from an illogical position, which means no matter how hard you try you will inevitably start using unreasonable and illogical arguements to back your point of view up. And there is nothing more annoying then someone who is being unreasonable.

So please leave your biases at the door.
o_money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #50
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,895
vCash: 197
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Sissies
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #51
Flatlander
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Garden City, Kansas
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Wind
I have to admit that I do sometimes favour the "international" fighter, solely on the grounds of him being "international".

I do this, partly because I usually know him better and partly because, like many non-americans - i think - I'm fed up with the American way of interacting with the rest of the world.
In Boxing as in most other aspects of life.

There is a whole world outside America and the feeling I generally have towards Americans is that you guys are oblivious to most anything going on outside of your boarders.

This has very little to do with boxing per se, but it may help to shed some light over the "anti-American" sentiment here, as in other places.

Correct me if my assumptions below are wrong. Let me state first off that I do not agree with any sort of violence - at all - performed on either side.

1. you don't understand that 9/11 is a logical consequence of your foreign policy since ww2

2. you don't understand that Israel as a state, financed by USA is the main reason for the middle east conflict, thus making YOU the main reason for it.

3. you don't understand that invading a country and fighting peeps that are defending their homes is a war that cannot be won. It never has been and history is full of examples of this.

4. you don't have much history yourselves, so history as a subject is of little importance - rendering you unable to correct the mistakes of yore and maiking them again and again.

5. you speak English and that's it - and automatically assume that the rest of us will abandon our mother tongues in order for us to communicate - when in fact our languages are, for most parts, older than yours

6. you have all the power in the world and very little understanding of what to do with it, so you play the policemen of the world. No one likes the police.

7. your nation pollutes more than all the rest of the world combined (!)
and your government won't sign agreements to lower the emissions of green house gasses. It's as if you think that pollution won't hit America as hard as the rest of the world. I don't know why you think this.. other than you are God's chosen people or something like that? Enlighten me..

8. your "constitutional rights" as individuals to persue happines only goes for those who agree with you. If your idea of happiness differs from the US model, you will be slaughtered as "terror cells" when in fact, most peeps just want to be left in peace.

9. you seem to think that all other nations wish you harm, when in fact you could just withdraw your troops and leave people alone.

10. you are omnipotent, but fear the rest of us. I guess you always have, since being evicted from the old countries and beginning the systematic extermination of anything alien.

The list goes on..
This is to say that when dealing with Americans, I for one tend to have all this in the back of my mind - which sometimes, I admit, clouds my judgement of a fighter.
When an American fighter loses to a European, I generally rejoice. Mostly because in my clouded mind, the European fighter has beaten none other than GW Bush and his terror regime (not even elected - and you still claim that you are a democratic nation, licenced to over throw foreign officials, if you thing they are wronfully installed)

I know this is unfair to a boxer who just tries to do his best and it really is something that I am aware of - but, as I said above, the world outside boxing clouds my judgement.

Seen isolated, I agree that Pernell would prolly have Zoo's number, but I would back KT in any discussion.

And JC, who is fighting my fav fighter next, will never be in any trouble against any shape of bhop, prime or no prime.. And Kessler will retire them both.
Why? because Kessler is Danish and so am I
(I hope you realize that I know this is not a valid argument I'm making, but merely an example of the way I sometimes think)

In reality, I see that JC has stuff to trouble Kessler and that x is not the ideal guy to fight if you want certain victory..

It irritates me that Eurofighters are being scolded for not going where the big fights are. Where is the biggest fight of 07?
Cardiff, wales, that's where. Why would either JC or VW want to go to Vegas for chump change to get cheateed by some bought judges like Sturm vs. ODLH, when thay can make lots more by fighting each other in Cardiff?

It's the arrogance and ignorance (funny how those two always go hand in hand, ain't it?), I think, that most non US peeps feel comes from America that have them hoping for the "international" fighter to win.

And for the record...
Football is the most played sport in the world. It's called football, because the nature of the game involves using your feet on the ball, rather than the hands (basketball, volleyball, handball (the real handball, not the silly game against a wall, that you guys think I'm referring to) american football, etc.)

So a small step in the right direction would be to acknowledge this fact and call the sport football and not some silly name that you have made up. Soccer? what is that? (this point goes for the Aussies as well - tho I'm sure they really know better their's is just habbit, rather than arrogance.

So... that said - I hereby promise to make an effort to better my ways.

Increase the peace.
First of all I only perused your post because it was rambling and to damn long. However, from what I did read. I have come to the conclusion that with out a doubt you are a ****ing idiot.
Flatlander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #52
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckYoungblood
Eh, did you qote the right post. I don't think Deram said that...


No, he didn't. However, he has in plenty of his other posts, and I have no compunction about admiting that I used the fact that he showed up in this thread to take a shot at him.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #53
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

I know for a fact that I have had to defend a post or 2 of mine simply because there is always someone saying something about American bias, or I only picked this fighter because he is American.

I also know for a fact that there are a couple of particular posters who bring it up every thread. If you feel it is your AGENDA and NEED to defend against American bias (even when it's not there and something you are imagining) then don't be surprised when someone calls you out about your own bias.

There is a bias in EVERY country about their own fighters. But it's not often you hear a Brit talking about a Argentenian bias. And if you are American, and can't figure out that their are other good fighters elsewhere, well you deserve what you get. But it's THAT poster who is biased, he is not a representation of Americans.

Lastly....you cannot call Lacy a hype job and then ask for credit for beating him. I never thought Lacy was great and picked Calzaghe to win. If Lacy was an "American hype job" then you are implying that he wasn't very good....Calzaghe nor anyone else is going to get credit for beating a "Hype Job".
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #54
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East London
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Fighter
I know what you're talking about, man. I say Mayweather beats Hatton (which is painfully obvious) and every European tells me I'm an "American asshole who totally discredits Hatton, Europe, and any fighter who is un-American. This is more typical anti-European fare from the Americans. Yankee go home!" I'm like, "Uhhh, ok, but Mayweather still beats Hatton." They've been having the nerve to throw race into it lately, too, with their "Americans don't like Hatton because he's a White European" comments. And I'm thinking, "Newsflash, the majority of America is White." There's no reasoning with those guys. Hatton still loses, too.
You need to back up these comments-I havent seen anything remotely racist from the UK posters..if someone says something like ' you will be using your flag to wipe away your tears' etc..its just banter..dont play the race card, there is nothing worse
bill poster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #55
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
I know for a fact that I have had to defend a post or 2 of mine simply because there is always someone saying something about American bias, or I only picked this fighter because he is American.

I also know for a fact that there are a couple of particular posters who bring it up every thread. If you feel it is your AGENDA and NEED to defend against American bias (even when it's not there and something you are imagining) then don't be surprised when someone calls you out about your own bias.

There is a bias in EVERY country about their own fighters. But it's not often you hear a Brit talking about a Argentenian bias. And if you are American, and can't figure out that their are other good fighters elsewhere, well you deserve what you get. But it's THAT poster who is biased, he is not a representation of Americans.

Lastly....you cannot call Lacy a hype job and then ask for credit for beating him. I never thought Lacy was great and picked Calzaghe to win. If Lacy was an "American hype job" then you are implying that he wasn't very good....Calzaghe nor anyone else is going to get credit for beating a "Hype Job".

Calzaghe ko1 Prime Jones


Only messing. Your actually, imo, one of the best posters on here and I admire the way you try to keep an objective view at all times.

My whole problem with any bias, be it American or anti-American is that people get critiscised for WHERE they fight instead of WHO they fight. Why should it matter if anyone fights at home their entire career. Afterall, there is such a thing as DVD'S or T.V or the interent. You get to see whatever fighter you wish to see. Does Hatton beating Castillo in LV garner him more credit than beating him in U.K? Does Hopkins beating Eastman in America get him less credit than beating him in England? Or be it an Asian fighter or South American or whomever. It's all about the quality of opposition, not quality of venue.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #56
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,216
vCash: 606
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

I have noticeted an anti-American sentiment hear that has nothing to do with boxing. Like all hate it is unrational and unjunustified. Even though those who hate will allways make up excuseses.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #57
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus
The real problem here isn't people hating on Americans, it's Americans hating on the Klitschkos. It's the single biggest case of racism and ethnocentrism on the site. There are other Europeans who are examples of this, but not to the same extreme.


Because if you don't fawn over Wlad and Vitlay and hail them as the best HWs of all time, you must be a racist or a xenophobe or both, right? I really want to like the Klitschkos, but I've noticed on this site and others that if you attempt to proffer any critical analysis of their places in history or refute claims by their most ardent supporters, the name calling and crying starts. Now, there are plenty of people who do in fact take shots at the Klitschkos non-stop, but I honestly believe that the majority of them are just doing it to take the piss out of their wack job fanbase.

Discussions involving the brothers are usually ridiculous, so I do my best to avoid them.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by Thom; 07-29-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:59 PM   #58
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill poster
You need to back up these comments-I havent seen anything remotely racist from the UK posters..if someone says something like ' you will be using your flag to wipe away your tears' etc..its just banter..dont play the race card, there is nothing worse
I don't know what ****ing threads you've been reading, but I've seen plenty of people complaining about "anti-white" racism in America after Hatton's most recent fights. Just look up the threads that were started post Castillo. And the ridiculous part about that is that they were claiming that the Americans were upset because he beat a Mexican fighter.

And for the record, we aren't "playing the race card" by pointing out the fact that there are people who are making preposterous accusations of racism. They are. And you're right, there is nothing worse than attempt to besmirch someone's character just because you're a crybaby who can't deal with differing opinions. Nice try to flip the discussion around though.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #59
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 674
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Moaning on about how everything is so anti-American - give it a rest you yank! If there's any particular animosity towards the US on these pages I haven't seen it. So why don't you take your retarded new world views and clear off back to that hole of a country you call home.
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #60
ferd cloupes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

i love you all x
ferd cloupes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013