Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #61
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Anti-American sentiment on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fox
Moaning on about how everything is so anti-American - give it a rest you yank! If there's any particular animosity towards the US on these pages I haven't seen it. So why don't you take your retarded new world views and clear off back to that hole of a country you call home.
Blow me wanker.
Thom is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #62
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I think that the funniest shit is when ****ers say shit like "Americans only picked Tzyu over Hatton because they are American" or the same for Castillo.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #63
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Well it goes the 2 way arounds, some americans poster bash everything that aint american and some non US bash everything thats US, I guess its a part of this forum
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #64
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom

Because if you don't fawn over Wlad and Vitlay and hail them as the best HWs of all time, you must be a racist or a xenophobe or both, right? I really want to like the Klitschkos, but I've noticed on this site and other that if you attempt to proffer any critical analysis of their places in history or refute claims by their most ardent supporters, the name calling and crying starts. Now, there are plenty of people who do in fact take shots and the Klitschkos non-stop, but I honestly believe that the majority of them are just doing it to take the piss out of their wack job fanbase.

Discussions involving the brothers are usually ridiculous, so I do my best to avoid them.
Thats not true my friend, some of them actualy hate them for LOT worse reasons then this, simply because of where they from and how they look and act.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #65
Druid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It is nieve to think the global politics don't factor into sports, they always have and the world view of a country is always going to be an issue. hell, just look at todays news headlines about the Iraqi football teams victory, that didn't make headline because of soccer prowess alone. The 1936 Berlin Olympic games are anothe rperfect example of this, they are best remembered for Jessie Owens accomplishments.

With that said maybe something valuable can be learned here...Unbridaled patriotism is a bad thing, it caused the rise of Hitler and the first election victory (2004) for GW Bush. We all know where that got the Planet.

It is best if we concentrate on boxing here, but if in fact that isn't happening then at least an understanding of the root cause might be useful.
Druid is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #66
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
Thats not true my friend, some of them actualy hate them for LOT worse reasons then this, simply because of where they from and how they look and act.
Hey Bill Poster, you want to see someone "playing the race card"? Just take a look at this asshole's personal best.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But yeah, I'm another "hater." You got me Doumbo. I hate Wlad because he's classy, white and European. Those sickening characteristics make me want to strangle that big beautiful man.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #67
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid
It is nieve to think the global politics don't factor into sports, they always have and the world view of a country is always going to be an issue. hell, just look at todays news headlines about the Iraqi football teams victory, that didn't make headline because of soccer prowess alone. The 1936 Berlin Olympic games are anothe rperfect example of this, they are best remembered for Jessie Owens accomplishments.

With that said maybe something valuable can be learned here...Unbridaled patriotism is a bad thing, it caused the rise of Hitler and the first election victory (2004) for GW Bush. We all know where that got the Planet.

It is best if we concentrate on boxing here, but if in fact that isn't happening then at least an understanding of the root cause might be useful.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #68
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Well I aint going to lie. I am a prejudice poster. I admit it. But I am not prejudice to the fighters. But only to the posters. See, the typical UK poster to me since I been a part of ESB from about 3-4 years ago. I have always USED to ignored the subtle racism. Like calling James Toney, Zab Judah, Floyd Mayweather etc. etc. Ghetto foul mouthed street trash. Fake hip hop gangstas and every thing short of PORCH MONKEY. Me, being black and living in the quote "ghetto" I look at these guys as successful sports athletes that are doing something positive. James Toney is a little over the top b/c he is a funny guy. And that is his personality. The typical black american acts like a zab/floyd/james Not exact but that is how we act, period. They are not thugs..they are not gangstas..they are not killing people..they are not involved with drugs. I mean they like money cars and clothes. That is what we like. As shallow as it is. So b/c these mentioned fighters dont act like Shane Mosley, Evander Holyfield, etc.etc. Nothing wrong with these guys. But nobody acts like Shane. Nobody is really as dry as Evander. I mean we have bold personalities and that is how it is. Other countries that call themselves proper and whatever talk in slang, say dumb things, watch MR. BEAN. I mean, a lot of things that are down right notorious. The UK is the most racist nation that ever existed. Not from my stand point. But your history speaks for its self. That is why I am speaking English right now. NOT BY CHOICE, but was by force. We still see you as the same people. And if you go to a soccer game in the UK dressed like a rapper you might not make it out. Shit, you can dress like tiger woods and not make it out. Anyway, I dont like majority of the UK posters b/c there supreme ignorant nationalism and saying things like "Hatton beat a p4p fighter in Castillo" or "Calzaghe was avoided by Roy and other great super middleweights that were popular in his prime" "last but not least, that David Haye can not only compete but literally knock out majority of the top heavyweights and then beat Wlad in a few years"
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #69
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Well I aint going to lie. I am a prejudice poster. I admit it. But I am not prejudice to the fighters. But only to the posters. See, the typical UK poster to me since I been a part of ESB from about 3-4 years ago. I have always USED to ignored the subtle racism. Like calling James Toney, Zab Judah, Floyd Mayweather etc. etc. Ghetto foul mouthed street trash. Fake hip hop gangstas and every thing short of PORCH MONKEY. Me, being black and living in the quote "ghetto" I look at these guys as successful sports athletes that are doing something positive. James Toney is a little over the top b/c he is a funny guy. And that is his personality. The typical black american acts like a zab/floyd/james Not exact but that is how we act, period. They are not thugs..they are not gangstas..they are not killing people..they are not involved with drugs. I mean they like money cars and clothes. That is what we like. As shallow as it is. So b/c these mentioned fighters dont act like Shane Mosley, Evander Holyfield, etc.etc. Nothing wrong with these guys. But nobody acts like Shane. Nobody is really as dry as Evander. I mean we have bold personalities and that is how it is. Other countries that call themselves proper and whatever talk in slang, say dumb things, watch MR. BEAN. I mean, a lot of things that are down right notorious. The UK is the most racist nation that ever existed. Not from my stand point. But your history speaks for its self. That is why I am speaking English right now. NOT BY CHOICE, but was by force. We still see you as the same people. And if you go to a soccer game in the UK dressed like a rapper you might not make it out. Shit, you can dress like tiger woods and not make it out. Anyway, I dont like majority of the UK posters b/c there supreme ignorant nationalism and saying things like "Hatton beat a p4p fighter in Castillo" or "Calzaghe was avoided by Roy and other great super middleweights that were popular in his prime" "last but not least, that David Haye can not only compete but literally knock out majority of the top heavyweights and then beat Wlad in a few years"
Mr Bean................Notorious?????? WTF
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #70
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
The part about the Tszyu vs Whitaker thread at 140 who wins.

i just wanted to add though i wasnt simply being just a biased fan towards Tszyu and gave plenty of reasons why i had picked Tszyu. i remember this thread and i found it very ammussing at times.

sues2nd i just wanted to say the only reason i got upset in that thread is because people made me feel like i was solely picking Tszyu because i was a fan.

but in that thread sues2nd i gave my reasons clearly and they were that against Southpaws in Tszyu's career he had a Pro record of 8 wins-0 loses with 8 KO's. and im pretty sure 6 of those southpaws were slick boxing types.
that was my reason and it wasnt until most american fans that were not (Sues2nd,Sweet Pea) were giving reasons simply beause Whitaker is ranked higher all time by Ring.
these fans upset me it wasnt the ones that gave actual evidence based on style (Sues2nd,Sweet Pea) . it was the other fans the ones that hadnt taken any notice of Tszyu. and what was worse was the Whitaker fans thought i wasnt a fan of him. i liked Whitaker and loved watching a few of his fights.

at the end of the day i was upset because Tszyu deserved more respect than Whitaker TKO 7 against Tszyu.
i admit at times i get a bit defensive but its only from the fans that dont pay attention to how hard it is for someone in Europe,Asia,etc, to make it to the top in boxing.

and some ask why and i will answer the same way always is that overseas we dont get the same training at a young age as the talented USA fighters get. its hard for these guys to make especially in the USA were the sport is bigger.

Its all about a bit more respect for me that all we international fans are after.
Boppa...it wasnt just you man.

You DID bring up the american picking american thing.....BUT, there were others in that post that did it a hell of alot worse than you. Dont sweat it bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
I know for a fact that I have had to defend a post or 2 of mine simply because there is always someone saying something about American bias, or I only picked this fighter because he is American.

I also know for a fact that there are a couple of particular posters who bring it up every thread. If you feel it is your AGENDA and NEED to defend against American bias (even when it's not there and something you are imagining) then don't be surprised when someone calls you out about your own bias.

There is a bias in EVERY country about their own fighters. But it's not often you hear a Brit talking about a Argentenian bias. And if you are American, and can't figure out that their are other good fighters elsewhere, well you deserve what you get. But it's THAT poster who is biased, he is not a representation of Americans.

Lastly....you cannot call Lacy a hype job and then ask for credit for beating him. I never thought Lacy was great and picked Calzaghe to win. If Lacy was an "American hype job" then you are implying that he wasn't very good....Calzaghe nor anyone else is going to get credit for beating a "Hype Job".
As always....GREAT POST KG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
I think that the funniest shit is when ****ers say shit like "Americans only picked Tzyu over Hatton because they are American" or the same for Castillo.
This was really the thing that set it off.

The favorite fighter thread, when the guy said US posters were only picking US fighters....yet all over the thread, there were US picking Chavez, Sanchez, Cotto, etc. Its like sometimes they have no idea what they are even hating on.

I remember that someone told me I felt Miranda should have beaten Abraham because Miranda is a US fighter. I told him that Miranda LIVES in FL, but was born in Columbia. The guys actually said, yes Columbia is in Washington DC (district of columbia for those who dont know)......

I had to post a ****ing map for the moron to realize how stupid that was.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #71
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smazz20
Mr Bean................Notorious?????? WTF
I think thinking Mr. Bean was funny is notorious. Thats just me.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #72
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom
I don't know what ****ing threads you've been reading, but I've seen plenty of people complaining about "anti-white" racism in America after Hatton's most recent fights. Just look up the threads that were started post Castillo. And the ridiculous part about that is that they were claiming that the Americans were upset because he beat a Mexican fighter.

And for the record, we aren't "playing the race card" by pointing out the fact that there are people who are making preposterous accusations of racism. They are. And you're right, there is nothing worse than attempt to besmirch someone's character just because you're a crybaby who can't deal with differing opinions. Nice try to flip the discussion around though.
My 'race card' comment was in regard of an ignorant poster who thinks 'you people' must be a racist comment. I wasnt in town for the Castillo fight- I'm not in a position to talk about it and neither are you frankly.

You might be needing one of these

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #73
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Down down USA
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #74
Suge Green
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: OnTheGrind Boxing Radio Is Uncut & Uncensored & LIVE

Boxing history is American boxing history...at least the majority of the 20th century. Although competitors from all parts of the world have made their respective marks on the sport in the past, and much moreso in present times...To hate American fighters is beyond foolish. That's like being a fan of the martial arts, while hating Asians.

I encourage these ignorant posters to continue in their current manner. It helps let the ESB community know if they may, or may not be worth reasoning with...
Suge Green is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #75
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i dont have any disrespect for those ****ing yanks
chewy 22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum