boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why was vargas ever considered elite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever
Vargas was a really good fighter, hell I cant think of many who could come back from a punch like the one Tito gave him 20 seconds into their fight, other than hes last fight all hes losing efforts have always been close fights where he went to hell and back. Id consider him a very good fighter just out of the leagues of the all time greats.
agreed.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

in his early stages of his career he was a true force. some see him as an easy opponant...the guy was a BAD BAD MAN. he had dinamite in his fists he was a real warrior and was always exiting..but sadly he was thrown into the deep end and drowned i feel he was elite but was distorted by being put to fire too quickly and he was scorched.

he actaully did rather well against tito though, he was knocked down only 2 times coming into the 12th round and had knocked tito down once.he had lost the first 3 rounds he came back mid rounds and was equal at the 7th then it was very closly contested but tito was landing the better cleaner punches

i had it 4-6 to tito ...thats not alot compared to what he did to other fighters.

sadly he is an old man at 29

Last edited by Vantage_West; 06-20-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #18
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cause while he was on steriods he was very powerful, after a while the steriods wore down his skills and strenghts...
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebe1
Vargas is more of an elite than Cotto will ever be.

Vargas was a borderline Elite who fought with pure passion, and nobody can take that away from him. He's an overachiever and mayorga is in deep trouble.
Pretending again? What the **** do you know about Vargas?

****i'n Vargas lost all his big fights and you're comparing him to Cotto? **** . . . you're really a boxing genius.

Last edited by psychopath; 06-20-2007 at 08:59 PM.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #20
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Why are you following me around like a little *****? I aint one of your tourists that you and your buddies like to follow around, asking for american bubblegums and ****.

Looks like i have to put this lesson on ya again.. *****..

First of all I never said that Vargas was an elite. I said he was a borderline elite ok *****?

Comparing Vargas to Cotto? WTF are you saying that Cotto accomplished more than vargas did so far??? You dumb ****, son of a hoar.. Vargas was never babied like Cotto and he only lost to the elite you piece of ****, and that's only because he was rushed..

Who the **** did Cotto ever beat? He turned pro in 01 and his first victory against an elite is against Judah in 07? And he also had to cheat to win so get outa here with all your bull**** homee before I send you next to your mom.

So hell yea im comparing Vargas to Cotto you dumb ****...

What a dumbass. Again, you know nothing about this sport.

Yeah I know nothing about the sports and you're a genius.

Learn to live by it ****head . . . you'll get humilated anywhere I found you.

Who has Cotto beaten? All the 39 fighters he have met in the ring.

Last edited by psychopath; 06-20-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #21
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
U enjoy digging your own grave and get ****smacked huh? Dumbass I swear..lol

Yea Cotto has 39 victories against average fightersand lightweight contenders like sosa except for one, Judah who was coming off a 15 month layoff and even that was a questionable victory so get the **** outa here with all your amateurish posts homey..

Go ask you mom for some lalaby so something.
Yeah I enjoy *****slapping you.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #22
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh no wow... You're a foo you know that? YOu think you're impressing when in fact you aint impressing nobody.. Nobody is laughing with you except for a few other fellow ****roaches like yourself so I suggest you try harder...

*****slapping is something I do to you and your mom when I get bored..

Nobody " *****slaps " me homey..

What's even funnier is that you;ve been avoiding my challenge all along like a little *****.. I said meet me at a gym so we can spar you remember? scared little *****.

The fact is that you can say this and that behind your computer but you wouldn't have the ***** to say the things you are saying if we were in the same room standing face to face.

You know where Im located ***** so if you're around, meet me up or are you going to make up a lie and say that you live somewhere real far??? LOL... I know you will...

Ill wait....
Meet up? Why are losing it?

As I said stop crying and live by it. You have been humilated because of your stupidness.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #23
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

At his best hes a very well rounded fighter. He could jab,punch to the body,had a nice lead right hand,power,decent ring generalship,tight defense. Any guy who beats Quartey clearly even at his own game,beats Winky Wright close or not,B level guys like Campas,Joval,Castejllo,Rivera,Marquez and was very competitive with Mosley,Oscar,Tito infact if Tito doesnt assault Vargas ***** he might just win that fight the momentum was in Vargas favor.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #24
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
ROFL.. you're very predictable... Just as I expected, you're trying so hard to twist things around. Only in your small mind I am humiliated.. Only in your bubbles shorty.

Im not losing it dude. We're all boxing fans around here and Im sure many posters in here box in the real world so I am simply calling you out as a fellow boxing fan.. If you don't know how to box then just say it, instead of acting like a female because you aint impressing nobody with that shorty.

GO ahead, what kind of excuse are you going to think of now... LOL.. Ill be waiting and again, I know what you'll say next..

You're pure comedy dude.. a *****.
Nah you're calling me out so you can suck my ****. This is what you've been talking about all along . . . sucking ****s.

You don't call out people on cyber boii. You simply ***** slap them just like what I'm doing to you.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #25
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Umm that's quite gay.. You wish you could get your 2 inch **** sucked by another man... You're sounding more like a ***** by the day and im begining to question your manhood..

" You don't call out people on cyber boii " That's what people say when they don;t have the ***** to face another man in the real world.. Is there a law against people calling each other out online? Theres nothing wrong with that and even pro boxers call each other out online so why can't the fans?

You're a pansy dude I swear.... Trying to twist things around like a little punk..

Looks like I own you on ESB and in the real world too huh? Backing down like a little punk.. Yo, why don't you break your piggy bank, gather up your pacels and go buy yourself a pair, how bout that?

Or do you have to spend that on a dog buffet?

Yeah that's right I know you love ****s.

Oh that's what you say? You were saying tha'ts when you say when you don't want you ass to be owned remember?

Now you're running away from me like a plague.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #26
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawfal
ive never understood how people were so high on vargas.

im looking at his boxrec record and the only thing that stands out, is that he lost by KO to the 3 best fighters he has fought: ODLH, Trinidad, Mosely (i know he was past his prime but so was mosely)

And the significant wins are:
-A green winky wright, and many thought vargas lost this
-quartey (just after he had lost to odlh)

i dont rate campas, castillejo, and vanderpool too highly

so, please tell me how this guy was ever considered elite

was it the effort he put in during his losses to trinidad and the nature of the stoppage? (low blows etc)
After 14 fights Vargas faces a guy with a record of 72-2! The 2 losses were to Tito and Lopez in title fights. Up to that point Vargas had only faced 3 guys with losing records and he'd stopped every man he'd faced. He was also 21 years old!

Then he rightly has an easy fight, which came about by fluke. Journeyman Howard Clarke pulled the upset over Jason Papillion and found himself challenging for the IBF title on the Lewis-Holyfield I card. It made sense with Clarke being British.

Nevertheless it was another stoppage. He then beat Wright and Quartey. No explanation needed there. Wright arguably won and Quartey looked bad from the lay off but he still left with the W. In fact against Quartey you saw the best Vargas ever. A very impressive performance.

In both his losses he lost it at the last hurdle.

Even when EVERYONE and their mother said he was 'shot' he came back to beat top 10 160 Joval and WBC 154 champ Castijello.

He'd beaten the best and lost valiantly to the best. He stayed elite through out. Much like Judah has but without the iffy record of Judah. If he lost, he rebuilt. Plus he never lost to an average guy like Baldo.

Unfortunately his elite status at 154 was thrown out the window when he lost to his THIRD great BUT naturally smaller opponent.

It wasn't until the end that Vargas lost his elite status. Even then he gave Mosley hell in the first bout but it was in the second bout that Mosley put the elite status to sleep.

In his retirement fight Vargas will look to stamp his legacy by showing the calibre he was always a notch above - the Mayorgas of boxing.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #27
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why are you following me around like a little *****? I aint one of your tourists that you and your buddies like to follow around, asking for american bubblegums and ****.

Looks like i have to put this lesson on ya again.. *****..

First of all I never said that Vargas was an elite. I said he was a borderline elite ok *****?

Comparing Vargas to Cotto? WTF are you saying that Cotto accomplished more than vargas did so far??? You dumb ****, son of a hoar.. Vargas was never babied like Cotto and he only lost to the elite you piece of ****, and that's only because he was rushed..

Who the **** did Cotto ever beat? He turned pro in 01 and his first victory against an elite is against Judah in 07? And he also had to cheat to win so get outa here with all your bull**** homee before I send you next to your mom.

So hell yea im comparing Vargas to Cotto you dumb ****...

What a dumbass. Again, you know nothing about this sport.
you really suck at talkin **** man. you tried really hard and made decent points but you tried way too hard to hurt his feelings.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #28
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I will tell you why Vargas was considered elite, before the kid fought Tito before he had 20 fights he dominated Quartey beat Campas and also beat Winky Wright along with Raul Marquez a former olympian, and he won a world title at that young of an age that early in his career he was a monster and was doing very well.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #29
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGEREDGE
Thomas Hearns lost to the only two elite fighters he ever thought. you goin to tell us that he wasn't elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram
I was going to mention the Tommy Hearns comparison as well.

According to OP, Tommy was just a journeyman as well.
Wilfred Benitez was elite.

Pipino Cuevas was a long reigning welterweight titlist.

Roberto Duran had seen better days but was still very formidable at the time, and is probably a top 10 fighter all-time.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 AM   #30
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
I never claimed to be no master ****talker homey. I just say what I want to say and that's all that matters so go suck a **** ***et..

Whether someone tries hard or not, a point made is a point made and I certainly made one...
Point made? Where's the point you made?

I'm asking you to explain how you came up with the idea that Valero who knocks out opponents in the first round will outbox Pacquaio for 12 rounds and all you can came up is bull****s and try to drag the arguement to something else to make an escape.

Nah nah nah genius . . . that same question will crop up to your face everytime you show up here.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum