Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default darnell wilson koed jeff lacy

this is qouted by wikipedia

Quote:
Amateur career
Lacy as an amateur had 210 fights, winning the 1999 National PAL amateur champion at 165 pounds, the 1998 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at 165 pounds, and the 1998 National PAL amateur champion at 165 pounds. Lacy fought at the 1996 Eastern Olympic Trials, stopping Kenneth Head in the first round. In the quarter-finals, Lacy defeated Rubin Williams. In the semi-finals, Lacy lost to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and finished in third. In the 1997 National Golden Gloves, Lacy beat [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but lost against Randy Griffin in the semi-finals and finished in third place. In the quarter-finals of the 2000 Olympic Team trials, Lacy won a decision over Brad Austin. In the semi-finals, Lacy won a decision over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. During the finals, Lacy won a 26-10 decision over Randy Griffin of Philadelphia, Pa. During the 2000 Olympic Team Box-offs, Lacy lost to Arthur Palac. In his second fight, Lacy defeated him on the scorecards. He was a member of the 2000 United States Olympic boxing team along with current Undisputed Middleweight champion [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. During his first bout in Sydney, Australia, Lacy knocked out [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of Brazil at 0:58 of the third round. During his second bout, Lacy defeated [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of Poland, en route to a 21-7 decision. During the third bout, Lacy was stopped at 1:49 of the third round by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of Russia.
great selling point for darnell why didnt he say that before
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: darnell wilson koed jeff lacy

ding should call out lacy and beat his ass again!
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Chief_Second
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ameteur fights don't really count lol!

you might also be shocked to know that joe calzaghe stopped chris byrd as an ameteur
Chief_Second is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Second

you might also be shocked to know that joe calzaghe stopped chris byrd as an ameteur
Yup. Or that Montell Griffin beat heavyweights John Ruiz and Jeremy Williams...twice!
Axe is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Second

true but it shows the temprement of what the boxer can do if he loses alot he aint gonna do too well in a long career

i would take that solis has beaten most of the heavywieght contenders right now and he was in his prime.
it's about 10% legacy i feel. and this wasnt a score card win...it was a ko. rarely do guys of good class lose by ko in am fights especially outside the olympics, the only men i know would be bowe and holmes

and joe calzaghe was a devastating puncher in his early career before he broke his hand he has changed his style totally...so yea i wouldnt be surprised if he koed chris.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

So? The amateurs is to learn, the pros is where you get scruitinised.

Do you know how many solid chins Savon hurt up? Doesn't mean these guys have got bad chins! If it does tell that to David Tua and Lamon Brewster. They'll tell you all about Felix.

It's the ams. You'd be suprised how many of these guys have fought each other.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #7
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
great selling point for darnell why didnt he say that before
Maybe since he's a professional fighter, he recognizes that amateur victories mean nothing in the pros. Different game, period.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
true but it shows the temprement of what the boxer can do if he loses alot he aint gonna do too well in a long career

i would take that solis has beaten most of the heavywieght contenders right now and he was in his prime.
it's about 10% legacy i feel. and this wasnt a score card win...it was a ko. rarely do guys of good class lose by ko in am fights especially outside the olympics, the only men i know would be bowe and holmes

and joe calzaghe was a devastating puncher in his early career before he broke his hand he has changed his style totally...so yea i wouldnt be surprised if he koed chris.
Joe certainly demonstrated more powerful application of the open hand fist as an amateur and early in his pro career.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Yup. Or that Montell Griffin beat heavyweights John Ruiz and Jeremy Williams...twice!
so montell was a heavy small man i would take him to beat some heavywieghts.....anyways who do you think is better skill wise griffin or ruiz
Old 06-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Joe certainly demonstrated more powerful application of the open hand fist as an amateur and early in his pro career.
...open hand or not it doesnt matter, he hit harder back then i think he pulls the punches back a bit.

a good showing of his speed and power was against delaney broke his nose knocked him around silly the modern day joe wouldnt be able to stop him...ud deffinatly but ko no

and anyways all i was saying is that darnell stopped jeff lacy stop picking on me because of me feeble minded...mind
Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #11
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Ams and pros are two different animals. Tho still a nice bragging point to have KOd a fighter like Lacy....even then.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #12
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:

and anyways all i was saying is that darnell stopped jeff lacy stop picking on me because of me feeble minded...mind
Everyone has KO'd Lacy, even Evans Ashira and Joe....oh...not Joe actually.

But I was surprised to hear it, having not heard it before from Wilson himself. Does that make him humble-ish fighter?
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

no, he's just a realist. he knows if he told us that, then you would see the same responses of how it doesn't matter cuz it was the ams. no reason to brag about it because he has a real career now and he's bein a beast
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The topic would have been raised before if they were competing in the same weight division as pros.

It will be interesting if Solis and Ibragimov, I believe that's the Cuban Ibragimov fought in the Olympics, continue their rivalry in the paid ranks. I saw that fight and I think SI would have won it if they were using a 10 point must system like the professionals use.

Also, somebody will eventually mention that Duane Bobick KOed Larry Holmes in the amatuers too. So I guess I'll save somebody a little typing.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #15
Glove Up

The Darnell Wilson they are talking about is not our infamous Ding-A-Ling Man. This was a different Darnell Wilson that they mention. I know that there is a Darnell Wilson who fights as a middleweight and I believe that he might be the one. Ding used to kill himself to make Light Heavy, so I know fighting at any weight class lower would be next to impossible for him.
Glove Up is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum