Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
henrik
fasthands
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 980
Default will rudy marcussen ever fight again?!

After that completly brain meltdown,he had in the fight against the russian tatevosian(or what his name is).
There has been absolutely nothing about what he would do in the future....he wasn´t badly beaten.
maybe its to painfull for him to see kessler getting all the attention,but it is a little bit sad that team palle for 3 years ago had 3 worldclass smw in mikkel kessler,rudy marcussen and mads larsen.Rudy was ranked no.1 by WBO....the Larsen -Kessler storie we know!!
IMO Mogens Palle is not the fastest horse in the derby...!!
I hope we see rudy back again,and i will laugh if sauerland gets him to!!
Palle should treat his fighters a bit different imo.
even with an mikkel kessler in in the camp,he still could try to manage all his fighters well.
What do you guys think...should rudy try another promoter and get his career back on track???
henrik is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Throwing doubles
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: will rudy marcussen ever fight again?!

I'd love to see him fight again, but years of building him up mentally was torn apart last time out. I don't think he'll ever be the same, but why not match him with Larsen in fringe title fight. Word is though he's bulked up a lot and he's been seen drinking with his brothers quite often. That doesn't mean he won't fight again, but I think he'll have a hard time making 168. At that weight his punch could make a difference. I don't think it can at 175, and this guy was no technical wizard.
Throwing doubles is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I hope that I never see this meanthally weak mouse in the ring again. If he fights and I will shut down the TV.

I aint being too hard on him now am I?
Toney is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
haavard
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Rudy is a case just like Mads Larsen - not in the ring but inside the head. He requires to be nursed professionally 100 pct. to deliver.

When all attention was moved towards Kessler, he fall apart, because Palle basically have no attention on nr. 2 and 3 in the class.

They never called him or checked out how he was doing, and if he was training and so on...

Wegner and German discipline would be great for Markussen. Just like it is for Larsen. They really take good care of him now. Only they should have hired Larsen earlier, if it had been possible.

If they hire Markussen now, I think he could still do well. And maybe regain the European crown once again.

Faster skilled boxers like Calzaghe, Kessler and Bute will most likely outpoint him rather easily.

But he is entertaining, when he delivers, and he will always have a punchers chance even against the best.

Last edited by Butch Coolidge; 04-04-2006 at 12:01 AM.
haavard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum