Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 AM   #31
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine vs Winky - who would win this close matchup at 168 -question mark-

I think Mundine easy, Winky belongs at 154lbs. Mundine holds all the advantages in this fight. He's faster, stronger and more powerful. Winky's main weapon is his jab and Mundine's speed would just take it away.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 05:48 AM   #32
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900
Default Re: Mundine vs Winky - who would win this close matchup at 168 -question mark-

I Think Winky's Jab Would Give Mundine Alot Of Troubles... Especially If He Droubles And Triples Them Up
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #33
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I hope Mundine gets the full WBA and fights Wright.

Mundine will be 2 fast for him and will win by 4 or more rounds.

Sam gave wright a good fight Mundine bashed sam...do the math.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #34
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Don't do that. Teke is a good poster it would be a shame to see him leave.
I wont lose this bet.

Noway does Winky beat Mundine, Im not saying this as a love struck nuthugger. I would even up the ante on the life time off-the-board bet and say that before leaving ESB i will post a pic of myself trying to give myself head
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #35
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
haha dont you still owe us a picture of your shaved nuts?
Sorry mate that was TSR that said if Mundine KOs Sam then he'll show us his freshly shaved nuts
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #36
greenghost
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think mundine would win an easy decision
greenghost is online now  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #37
greenghost
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Fly_Sam
I Think Winky's Jab Would Give Mundine Alot Of Troubles... Especially If He Droubles And Triples Them Up
I really dont see how any jab can upset mundines style
greenghost is online now  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenghost
I really dont see how any jab can upset mundines style
Totally agree because the two of his most recent losses against Kessler and Siaca both came against shorter opponents who couldn't jab. Great post. ROFL.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #39
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
for the people picking mundine i want to know how he's going to crack winky's defence...
I would also. He doesn't throw in combinations, isn't comfortable throwing punches in close quarters and doesn't have the movement of Hopkins or the physical strength of Taylor. All logic has gone straight out of the window in this one.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #40
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

just take a look at winky's victories against mundines and im sure u will see why he is a class above him
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #41
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Wrights guard isn't necesarily impregnable either, he doesn't really move his head all that much, his long arms and high guard are used to absord the punches. He's very difficult to hit cleanly, but with Winky there's always a chance a fast hard right hand is going to through the high guard at these higher weights and only be partially blocked (this imo is one of the reasons Taylor was capable of eeking out that much contested decision).

Mosely found a lot of success against Winky by following up the rights against Winky (who put his guard straight in front of him) with left hooks, Mundine is more than capable of doing similar things with a heavier, slowing Winky. Like I said before Winky doesn't have respectable supermiddleweight power so Mundine will be far more relaxed with his combinations. Mundine may not be as strong as Taylor but his strength will be more than a match for Winkys' regardless. Winkys reflexes are also fading as well as his speed, it may be a case of Mundine finding Winky more than some here believe due to sheer physical advantages, much the same way Taylor disposed of Hopkins.
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #42
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunter
OK-I will bett with you,if Winky beats Mundine,i will go from the forum for good,but if Mundine wins you go for good?
wish i could cunter but winky wont fight mundine because outside australia mundine is a nobody and winky can finish his career against the likes of hopkins ect why fight a paper reserve grade claytons title holder
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #43
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
OK ,so we bet -I say nobody will beat Mundine from the Middlewieght division, in the next three years if he goes down there, as he said he maybe will. Just remember his worth fighting whether you think so or not, his title is real. He is World Champion.The best boxer that ever came out of Australia no one can doubt it so take the bet deal or no deal????
what deal u twat they are not fighting mundine hasnt got a fight he has nothing to offer anyone until he branches out of australia and fights someone ranked in the top 10 he is going to fade away in the shadow of kess and jc
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #44
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
because no one got the balls to fight him from the top 10.Middle or Super Middle.even Mikkel Kessler thinks he could be a threat.Look what happend to Sammy.but at least he had the Courage to try.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #45
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
that shows me your intelligance level.
[IMG]http://bittertongues.com/uploads/shut_the_****_up.jpg[/IMG]
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum