East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Lovemore Ndou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
What he say now?
DAILY TEEGRAPH - Sept 04, 2008 12:00am
(Grantlee Kieza)

AUSTRALIA'S brilliant boxer Lovemore Ndou is preparing to challenge the bigger and more powerful Puerto Rican Kermit Cintron, but the even bigger and more powerful Anthony Mundine still looms large on his radar.

Ndou is in negotiations to face Cintron in a world welterweight eliminator at New York's Madison Square Garden on November 15.
The winner will then likely face new IBF welterweight (67kg) king Joshua Clottey, who in his last bout manhandled Kostya Tszyu rival Zab Judah to become world champion in Las Vegas on August 2.
Ndou narrowly missed out on regaining his IBF junior-welterweight (63.5kg) title against New Yorker Paulie Malignaggi before a crowd of 57,000 fans in Manchester.

He is a big-fight veteran who has tackled some of the world's most fearsome fighters and has no qualms in facing Cintron, a savage puncher with 27 KOs in 29 wins and who, at 180cm, has a 12cm height advantage over the South African-born Sydney law student. At 28, the big hitting Puerto Rican is also nine years younger than Ndou.
But while the opportunity of forcing his way into another world title shot has enormous appeal for father of four Ndou, he says chopping down Anthony Mundine remains his biggest goal.

Mundine is the one I really want. He's much bigger than me at 72.5kg but I know I have the skills to cut him down to size, Ndou said.
Mundine has never held a major crown. As a world champ he's an imposter - a phony. I really want to expose him for what he is.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 AM   #7
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Lovemore just chasing cash.

He did have a point when he said he was old enough and small enough to be a Mundine opponant.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Ndou said.
Mundine has never held a major crown. As a world champ he's an imposter - a phony. I really want to expose him for what he is.
pretty smart guy lovemore.....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #9
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN
DAILY TEEGRAPH - Sept 04, 2008 12:00am
(Grantlee Kieza)

AUSTRALIA'S brilliant boxer Lovemore Ndou is preparing to challenge the bigger and more powerful Puerto Rican Kermit Cintron, but the even bigger and more powerful Anthony Mundine still looms large on his radar.

Ndou is in negotiations to face Cintron in a world welterweight eliminator at New York's Madison Square Garden on November 15.
The winner will then likely face new IBF welterweight (67kg) king Joshua Clottey, who in his last bout manhandled Kostya Tszyu rival Zab Judah to become world champion in Las Vegas on August 2.
Ndou narrowly missed out on regaining his IBF junior-welterweight (63.5kg) title against New Yorker Paulie Malignaggi before a crowd of 57,000 fans in Manchester.

He is a big-fight veteran who has tackled some of the world's most fearsome fighters and has no qualms in facing Cintron, a savage puncher with 27 KOs in 29 wins and who, at 180cm, has a 12cm height advantage over the South African-born Sydney law student. At 28, the big hitting Puerto Rican is also nine years younger than Ndou.
But while the opportunity of forcing his way into another world title shot has enormous appeal for father of four Ndou, he says chopping down Anthony Mundine remains his biggest goal.

Mundine is the one I really want. He's much bigger than me at 72.5kg but I know I have the skills to cut him down to size, Ndou said.
He won'ts a big pay before he calls it a day.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
r_9-Ronaldo
Shinny Shadez
ESB Senior Member

hes a law student? aint he like 30 somethin he still studyin lmao
r_9-Ronaldo is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As delusional as Lovemore is, i have to give the man credit he will and has so jumped in the ring with anyone, he would of had a go at Tyson and Foreman in there primes if he could, a pity a few more of the so called greats didn'thave his attitude to go at anyone.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #12
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lovemore taking on cintron?? he is asking for punishment, as for Mundine, let's not even go there..
ranser is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #13
Barge FTA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_9-Ronaldo
hes a law student? aint he like 30 somethin he still studyin lmao
i'm surprised to read this comment from a melbournian. you should feel ashamed for making this comment.
I think you will find that many people who come to australia later in their life will still be studying in their 30's. Lovemore is making something of his life and for that i applaud him. he doesn't need a little tit mouse like you laughing at him for that. grow up.
Barge FTA is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
r_9-Ronaldo
Shinny Shadez
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
i'm surprised to read this comment from a melbournian. you should feel ashamed for making this comment.
I think you will find that many people who come to australia later in their life will still be studying in their 30's. Lovemore is making something of his life and for that i applaud him. he doesn't need a little tit mouse like you laughing at him for that. grow up.
in sydney at the moment lol. but still it aint like he came from a disadvatnaged country or anything he came from South Africa, where theres plenty of universities and etc to learn from so he himself neglected to study until old age not because he was forced due to poverty or anything
r_9-Ronaldo is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #15
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_9-Ronaldo
in sydney at the moment lol. but still it aint like he came from a disadvatnaged country or anything he came from South Africa, where theres plenty of universities and etc to learn from so he himself neglected to study until old age not because he was forced due to poverty or anything
Gotta disagree there mate, South Africa for blacks is a disadvantaged country. Certainly was when Lovemore came over and still is now. Seems like its common knowledge that Lovemore did come from very humble beginnings. Overall only 22% of South Africa's black population has finished high school.

I go to uni now, there are about 6 or 7 people in every class who are 30+. Nothing wrong with bettering yourself, in Lovemore's case he is setting himself up for after boxing.
WhataRock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum