Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

A big shot to the head from an explosive HW like a Virchis or Arreola and goodnight!
Sundance is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
A big shot to the head from an explosive HW like a Virchis or Arreola and goodnight!
Haye can't 'end up' like Khan. He's light years ahead of where Khan is. He already fought and beat far superior fighters to Prescott. Stop being silly.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Possibly, but it won't be half as laughable since he's already been the lineal and unified champion in one division.

It's not even comparable.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #4
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The fifth option
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 2000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
A big shot to the head from an explosive HW like a Virchis or Arreola and goodnight!
Only way that happens is if he is retroactively stripped of his titles at cruiserweight. You fail.
LiamE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

yeah, but cruierweight is a bullshit division, unlike lightweight or heavyweight, just my belief. Haye has been tko'd already, remember? Khan had never been counted out.
Sundance is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

He's still achieved way more than Khan. Khan hasn't even proven himself as the best lightweight in Britain, let alone the world.

Another fail.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Hold on, Haye has been on the floor and was stopped by a forty year old man. I don't give a shit about what Haye did at Cruiser, he's swimming in bigger sea, now. A big punching HW would be a big threat to him, I think Haye knows this all too well, despite the bravado.
Sundance is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #8
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

I still don't see what the valid comparison is between Haye and Khan, other than them being British and potentially getting knocked out. Loads of people get knocked out. If you've actually done something prior and are fighting somebody decent its not a problem.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #9
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
I don't give a shit about what Haye did at Cruiser, he's swimming in bigger sea, now. A big punching HW would be a big threat to him, I think Haye knows this all too well, despite the bravado.
And this makes him like Khan how exactly?

What an awful idea for a thread
trotter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #10
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The fifth option
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 2000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
Hold on, Haye has been on the floor and was stopped by a forty year old man. I don't give a shit about what Haye did at Cruiser, he's swimming in bigger sea, now. A big punching HW would be a big threat to him, I think Haye knows this all too well, despite the bravado.
Haye got stopped - not brutally KO'ed - by a 40 year old man who just happend to be the IBO cruiserweight champion and former WBO cruiserweight champion in his 11th fight. Whereas Khant got brutalised in the first, it was Haye brutalising the champ for the opening rounds until his lack of dedication to training became all too aparent. Haye has not made that mistake again. No ****ing comparison to getting bounced around by a guy not even in the top 100.

And just for the record at least half of the guys in the current HW division could make cruiser if they werent so flabby. Flabby 220lb guys dont hit harder than solid 200lb guys. In fact I'd go so far as to say once you get to about 200lb there is no noticable increase in punch power. If there was Valuev would be hitting harder than 200-220lb guys like Tyson, Louis, Foreman and Shavers.
LiamE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
draw99
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 360
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE
Haye got stopped - not brutally KO'ed - by a 40 year old man who just happend to be the IBO cruiserweight champion and former WBO cruiserweight champion in his 11th fight. Whereas Khant got brutalised in the first, it was Haye brutalising the champ for the opening rounds until his lack of dedication to training became all too aparent. Haye has not made that mistake again. No ****ing comparison to getting bounced around by a guy not even in the top 100.

And just for the record at least half of the guys in the current HW division could make cruiser if they werent so flabby. Flabby 220lb guys dont hit harder than solid 200lb guys. In fact I'd go so far as to say once you get to about 200lb there is no noticable increase in punch power. If there was Valuev would be hitting harder than 200-220lb guys like Tyson, Louis, Foreman and Shavers.
draw99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #12
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1088
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
yeah, but cruierweight is a bullshit division, unlike lightweight or heavyweight, just my belief.
Cruiserweight is a bullshit division, but heavyweight isn't? How long have I been asleep?!
Cobbler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #13
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The fifth option
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 2000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler
Cruiserweight is a bullshit division, but heavyweight isn't? How long have I been asleep?!
Since Lewis retired at least would be my guess.
LiamE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
Kerosene
I am the Third Revelation
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In your house. Going through your stuff.
Posts: 216
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
A big shot to the head from an explosive HW like a Virchis or Arreola and goodnight!
Yeah, if you ignore the fact that he basically held all of the CW belts and fought top class opposition then he's totally the same.

Twat.

Boxing fans make me laugh, they whine for years about the state of the HW division and as soon as someone comes along who actually does what they asked for, he's too mouthy, his chins dodgy, blah blah blah.
Kerosene is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #15
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
He's still achieved way more than Khan. Khan hasn't even proven himself as the best lightweight in Britain, let alone the world.

Another fail.
Well Earl was kinda No 1 until Khan beat him.

Khan's only and will be only a domestic level fighter.

As for Haye, If Mormeck can make his legs jelly and a super middleweight can hurt him, then he could well get starched at Heavyweight. For a guy who uses head movment and low hands, he gets hit alot.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013