Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #46
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I predict Haye will end up like Khan.

Khan is a braggart and so is Haye, strong similarity in ego. Just don't be surprised if the Haye bubble bursts like Khan's did last week. Haye hasn't fought anybody in the divison yet, and I don't count Bonin, if Arreola is a club fighter what the hell was Bonin? A "Club Biscuit" fighter?
Sundance is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #47
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

you cannot compare haye to khan in a million ways. haye is the number one man in the world at cruiserweight who is making the Hardest Weight Jump in boxing

Khan is a guy who hasnt thought at the top of british boxing. enough said
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #48
The Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
A big shot to the head from an explosive HW like a Virchis or Arreola and goodnight!
As people have already said, it's too late for him to end up like Khan. Khan's a novice who's first foray into anything even resembling world class ended in disaster whereas Haye is an undisputed champion. We'll have to wait and see how he does at heavyweight, but his lack of chin just makes him more exciting. But he's nowhere near as chinny as Khan - Khan gets put down by limited non punchers whereas Haye gets put down by massive punchers and gets back up.
The Wire is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #49
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbler
Haye can't 'end up' like Khan. He's light years ahead of where Khan is. He already fought and beat far superior fighters to Prescott. Stop being silly.
Exactly. Haye has already secured his place as one of the best cruiserweights ever. Khan hasn't even secured his position as the best light-welterweight in the midlands.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #50
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Exactly. Haye has already secured his place as one of the best cruiserweights ever. Khan hasn't even secured his position as the best light-welterweight in the midlands.

One of the best Cruierweights ever? No he didn't, he won two title fights at that BS division and in one he was almost KO'd. Utter nonsense.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #51
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
One of the best Cruierweights ever? No he didn't, he won two title fights at that BS division and in one he was almost KO'd. Utter nonsense.
Go ahead and tell us about 10 better cruiserweights. He is in the top 10.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #52
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Out of interest, the guy that knocked out Haye at age 40 (Thompson) is he in your top ten? If he is it just underlines what a bullshit manufactured division Cruiserweight is, basically a junior heavyweight division. The best Light Heavies and Cruisers of all time wouldn't include Haye at present. It all remains to be seen about Haye, still a fledgling career.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #53
TFFP

vCash:

Nice cop out. You don't have the knowledge to name 10 cruiserweights, nevermind order them.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #54
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy
Haye probably is in the top 10 Cruiserweights of all time. I mean, it's not a division steeped in history with an abundance of great fighters having held the belts is it?

As for ending up like Khan? He's already achieved far more than Khan ever will so that's not possible.

Correct, it's a stepping stone division at best and Haye is a fledgling fighter at HW. And I take some issue with you about Khan, Khan didn't win any belts but he was/is a big big name in the media. Most people know who Amir Khan is, Haye is still largely an enigma to the public. Even if Haye is knocked cold by his upcoming TOP 30, soft hitting opponent, it wouldn't create as much headlines as Khan's loss. That's just a fact of life. Khan: celebrity, Haye: public enigma.

Last edited by Sundance; 09-13-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #55
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy
Of course most people know who Khan is. Every fight bar his last was shown live on ITV, including his rematch with Kindelan before he even turned pro. Haye's had nowhere near that much television exposure, so Joe Public is bound to be less aware of him.

I don't see what your point is with that though. Haye has achieved more than Khan will ever achieve as a pro boxer whether he becomes a household name or not.
Well said

If you asked British Joe Public if they knew who Harry Greb was they wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

If you asked British Joe Public if they knew who Manny Pacquiao was they would give you the same answer.

That doesn't mean that Khan can be compared with them, just because the footie fans who occasionally watch the odd fight have been sucked in by the hype surrounding him and know his name.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #56
TFFP

vCash:

That is exactly the point, Haye is in the top 10 great cruisers, because its a new division. Nevertheless, it is miles more than Khan has ever achieved, in addition to being lineal champion.

Khan hasn't even been British champion, and is quite frankly a joke right now

Who the public know does not even come into boxing achievement.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #57
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
That is exactly the point, Haye is in the top 10 great cruisers, because its a new division. Nevertheless, it is miles more than Khan has ever achieved, in addition to being lineal champion.

Khan hasn't even been British champion, and is quite frankly a joke right now

Who the public know does not even come into boxing achievement.
Mate, Frank Bruno was never a British champion, so what! For what it's worth I think Khan will come back and take a belt. My only point is...DON'T be surprised if Haye ends up on the canvass via a guy like Virchis or Arreola, and if god forbid, he comes up against an in form Vitaly K, I know who I'm backing: VK. Lightweight is far far more competitive than Cruiserweight, maybe five or six times more competitive, because A, it's an established weight, and B all the class South and Central American fighters are in those divisions or near.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #58
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Nice cop out. You don't have the knowledge to name 10 cruiserweights, nevermind order them.

Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #59
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Mate, Frank Bruno was never a British champion, so what! For what it's worth I think Khan will come back and take a belt. My only point is...DON'T be surprised if Haye ends up on the canvass via a guy like Virchis or Arreola, and if god forbid, he comes up against an in form Vitaly K, I know who I'm backing: VK. Lightweight is far far more competitive than Cruiserweight, maybe five or six times more competitive, because A, it's an established weight, and B all the class South and Central American fighters are in those divisions or near.
That wasn't your only point. You tried to make a very silly comparison between the two, even making some very weak arguments as to how they've achieved similarly. You left yourself open to getting schooled on the issue.

And my point was to illustrate Amir Khan has done precisely SHIT in his career. No British title, nothing you could call even a "decent" win at world level.

If that was your only point it would have been quite reasonable. There is a great chance Haye could end up in a heap. I'm not sure about Virchis or Arreola, but Vitali and his brother you have to make big favourites to beat him.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #60
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

You'd have thought the OP would have given up by now having been owned by all and sundry for 5 pages.
LiamE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum