Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default baysangurov out again!!!!

Presser form maloney promotions

JAMIE MOORE has suffered a devastating blow after European light-middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov pulled out of their showdown in Wigan on September 26.

The unbeaten Russian has sent a medical certificate to the European Boxing Union’s office in Rome claiming he is injured and will not be fit enough to defend the title against Moore.

The Salford fighter’s camp are now demanding that the Russian is stripped of the title and the next available contender challenges Moore for the vacant title at the earliest opportunity.

His co-promoter Frank Maloney has protested to the EBU and is confident that Moore will face a new opponent for the vacant European crown in November.

Moore (30-3) said: “I’m devastated that the fight isn’t happening. I can’t believe it.

“I’m hoping my management team get him stripped and that I can finally get an opportunity to challenge for the European championship.”

Moore’s manager and co-promoter Steve Wood said: “We’re hoping that the EBU will act immediately and make a match for the vacant title between Jamie and the next available contender.”

Moore, 29, knocked out Esau Herrera and Ciaran Healy in summer warm-up contests, and has been training at Oliver Harrison’s gym for several weeks preparing for the fight.

Wood added: “Jamie will not be having any more warms ups because he needs a meaningful contest and with Frank Maloney and Sky Sports we hope that is going to happen before the end of the year.”

Because of Baysangurov’s injury claim, the promotion at Robin Park Centre on September 26 has now been cancelled.

All ticket holders can claim refunds at the point of purchase.
The Lads is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Default Re: baysangurov out again!!!!

Not again! I was looking forward to this one.

Really do feel bad for Moore - he has had more than his fair share of setbacks.
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smith is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Jeez they have got to strip him now.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Ffs
icemax is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

cant help but think that these setbacks might already have blunted Moores edge a bit. must be getting a bit dispirited by now. if he has to wait again for another european shot, then **** the title, just get him in with a quality opponent to find out what level he can really function at, he doesnt need another keeping busy opponent at this stage of his career as he says in the article.

last dangerous guy he fought was probably lujan, and even he turned out to be a bit of a dud on the night.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im sure he's had a cracking win since (Ljuan), but he didnt do what it said on the tin. moore will be fighting end of this year against a decent opponent, hopefuly Piccirillo for the euro title if baysan is stripped.

EDIT: That was it, he beat castillo at 147 and Walter matthyss too. Respectable results.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

yeah on paper it looked like a tough test, and maybe moore was just too good, but from what i remember of the fight, lujan didnt really pose any threat at all. certainly should've given moore a bigger test given his wins since moore beat him.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
Lewisbell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yuri Foreman would be a good opponent but he is based in America. I want to see Moore fight Dzinurik next year
Lewisbell is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

Well, my guess is that EBU won't strip Baysangurov. And Moore vs Baysangurov will happen in November in UK, given that Frank Maloney secures a TV deal for this fight.

As you know, apparently there was no TV this time as Sky would show Marsh vs Dean from Frank ****** card on Sept. 26.
lokomoko is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #11
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Baysangurov should be stripped, this is the second or third time he's pulled out. Moore is being ****ed about here and he doesn't deserve. He should get his shot.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Baysangurov would of beaten him anyway.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

Were there any fight contracts signed between Baysangurov and Moore to have a fight on Sept 26 in UK? As far as I know - no, there were no contracts signed for a fight on this date. Neither by Baysangurov, nor by his promoter.

So, what's this talk about pulling out if a) no contracts were signed probably because of b) there was no TV money for this fight?
lokomoko is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #14
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomoko
Were there any fight contracts signed between Baysangurov and Moore to have a fight on Sept 26 in UK? As far as I know - no, there were no contracts signed for a fight on this date. Neither by Baysangurov, nor by his promoter.

So, what's this talk about pulling out if a) no contracts were signed probably because of b) there was no TV money for this fight?

Interesting....

Can't understand why the fight was announced for Sept 26 in UK if it wasn't a done deal.

elle is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #15
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

Moreover, as far as I know, it was Moore's representatives who approached Baysangurov's camp and made a following proposal. You, Baysangurov people, should agree that with EBU headquarters to postpone a fight till November. We, in UK, try our best to bring TV in to make it possible to pay all the money that was promised the first time around. Finally, we make a fight in November in UK with British TV money and everybody is happy. I know that for a fact, that this was a tough decision to make for Baysangurov's camp, who seriously contemplated the prospects of relinquishing Euro title and moving towards world title by participating in eliminators (Zaurbek is rated in top 10 by 3 sanctioning bodies (WBC, WBA, and IBF) and is no.11 in WBO).

So, now when Baysangurov's team approached EBU to ask for a postponement of the fight with Moore till November, Team Moore decided to make a change in plans and instead of pursuing a fight in November and working hard to bring in TV money as they promised, what do they do exactly the same day that Baysangurov's Team approached EBU?

They call EBU to strip Baysangurov off his title!!!

Little dirty tricks, heh? But will they help?

Like I told you, Baysangurov was about to relinquish his EBU title and move on with his carrer. But after the lattest feat, it's now really personal for him. You want a piece of his title? Come and take it away from him in the ring! But don't try to pull your dirty tricks. Disgraceful.
lokomoko is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum