Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #16
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: baysangurov out again!!!!

The plot thickens.... seems there could be more to this Moore v Baysangurov situation than meets the eye.

elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #17
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Poor form from Maloney if this is true.... but "alls fair in love and war" apparently.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #18
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

EBU has decided to give both teams time till Tuesday next week to come to agreement. If not, the purse bids will take place in the shortest time.

So, the fight will happen, apparently in November. I think the place will be determined by the winner of the purse bids, and personally I am not sure that Maloney will win the right to stage this fight. Don't be too surprised if the fight ends up being made somewhere in Germany or even Russia.
lokomoko is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #19
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomoko
EBU has decided to give both teams time till Tuesday next week to come to agreement. If not, the purse bids will take place in the shortest time.

So, the fight will happen, apparently in November. I think the place will be determined by the winner of the purse bids, and personally I am not sure that Maloney will win the right to stage this fight. Don't be too surprised if the fight ends up being made somewhere in Germany or even Russia.

Thanks for keeping us updated on this one Lokomoko.
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #20
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lokomoko, a lot of your talk is bullshit and has a ncie russian twist...

Maloney presser reads

Jamie Moore himself is up to date with everything that is going on and is well aware of the issues.

The September date was agreed by all parties at the end of July but due to the Olympics no press release was put out.

As soon as the Olympics were over and our press man returned an official release was put out from our office confirming the date (as we had an existing contract in place from the original date of December 07 which the EBU have upheld even though Team Baysangurov have tried to have it cancelled).

Our agent Philippe Fondu then corresponded with team Baysangurov for the names of the travelling parties so we could get the show on sale as we had been hearing rumours regarding team Baysangurov.

For all the doubters I had negotiated a TV contract as it would have been financial suicide not to, the Ukrainians were given until Friday September 5th to submit the names for travel and to confirm they were coming as we felt we were being given the run around and they were informed we would be lodging an official complaint with the EBU.

Over the weekend our agent Philippe Fondu received a medical certificate from Team Baysangurov which we have since acted on and ourselves and the BBB of C have made representations to the EBU with regards the situation and we are being told the EBU will consider all aspects at their next meeting.

Until then we as well as the fans are in limbo land.

There is no fight we can announce at the moment re Jamie Moore as we do not want to jeopardise his position and as stated earlier Jamie Moore is well aware of the position and is quite happy at the way his management and promotional team are handling things.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 AM   #21
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

So, what's bullshit?

Never had a signed fight contract for a fight on Sept 26?
Besides contract, do you have some other document where Russians agree in writing to come to fight on Sept. 26? From what you said, you didn't even have the names of persons from Team Baysangurov coming. Doesn't it tell you something?

Since you negotiated a TV contract, what channel would broadcast the fight? Frank ****** announced as early as August 27 that SKY would show Marsh vs Dean on Sept. 26.

Also, ask your agent who came up with an idea of medical certificate from Team Baysangurov.

Of course, you cannot announce a fight at the monent because apparently it is heading to purse bids.
lokomoko is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #22
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomoko
So, what's bullshit?

Never had a signed fight contract for a fight on Sept 26?
Besides contract, do you have some other document where Russians agree in writing to come to fight on Sept. 26? From what you said, you didn't even have the names of persons from Team Baysangurov coming. Doesn't it tell you something?
Had a signed contract for December 2007 which STILL STOOD according to the EBU who requested the fight be held in September. Both parties agreed a mutual date for the fight before Baysangurov pulled out. A contract would not state who form team baysangurov was flying to the UK! Plus the ocntract for the fight was from Dec 2007, so the names may have changed.

let em ask you this, if there was no contract and no confirmation from Baysangurovs team, why have they submitted a medical note to the EBU? Why not just say "nil contractiv el maloneyiv so shove it...iv"

I cant answer on the TV thing as I have nowt to do with Maloney promotions, you're asking the worng person.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #23
lokomoko
The Chilling Man

Lads, I already gave an answer to that question in my previous posts. But I would tell you why - because Baysangurov's promoters don't have much experience, in comparison with your agents, and are learning as they go. Sometimes it looks like they are learning it the hard way.

The purpose of my posts wasn't to lay the blame on somebody. I just wanted to show that there was much more to this situation than just "Baysangurov's injury". And I think I did just that.

All in all, I can only wish that all of this gets finally settled in the shortest time and the fight finally takes place.
lokomoko is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 AM   #24
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Maloney presser reads

"For all the doubters I had negotiated a TV contract as it would have been financial suicide not to"

Perhaps Maloney & Co could clarify who they had negotiated a TV contract with to show the Moore v Baysangurov fight?

Moore fights are usually on Sky but my recollection is that Sky had already given the Sept 26th date to Sports Network for their bill (was announced on FWTV end of August).
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #25
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Elle: I was told 26th September, so I cant comment further on what the TV deal was. There must have been one as the fight couldnt be funded without it.

Sorry Loco, but Baysans promters may be green, but they aint cabbages. If there was NO contract for the fight at all they had nothing to answer the EBU with. Also, if thats the case why are the BBBoC taking the matter up with the EBU?

Hopefuly the fight will still take place, as its got the making of a real corker
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #26
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
Elle: I was told 26th September, so I cant comment further on what the TV deal was. There must have been one as the fight couldnt be funded without it.

Appreciate that but I hope the TV question is cleared up by someone as it seems pretty central to this whole saga.
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #27
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I dont nderstand why its central, but yes, its the only stone left unturned. Whats central to the situation is the russian has pulled out not once but twice whilst fighting in the interim and the EBU and BBBoC are investigating / discussing.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #28
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont nderstand why its central, but yes, its the only stone left unturned.

I think the TV deal is pretty central to all this because, as you say, the fight couldn't be funded without it! Also, as a Moore supporter I'd be disappointed if it wasn't shown and would expect the promoter to publicise where if it was.

Just a general observation about the TV situation - now that Sports Network are with Sky I wonder if their bills will get preferential treatment over other promoters when the dates clash, as in this case it seems.
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #29
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

EDIT:

It'll all come out in the wash, I'll ask the question sunday Dean Marsh moved by a week either way, maybe?
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #30
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
So your saying you think the fight has fallen through because rocky dean Vs Marsh was due on the same night, and it got preferencial treatment over Moore Baysangurov?

if thats why the fight has fallen through why the hell would the russians be submitting medical certificates to the EBU ? Jees, I know this is boxing but Ive read less conspirecy theories about 9/11 than this fight. not the first time el ruskie has dropped out, is it?
NO I'm not saying that at all.

This situation highlighted the fact a SN bill clashed with a Maloney bill on the same date and I was simply wondering if SN bills will get preferential treatment over other promoters from Sky in similar circumstances.

I'm NOT suggesting thats the reason Moore v Baysangurov has fallen through again but I am curious as to where it was going to be shown....
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum