Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
BIG WORM
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 6785
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

khan needs to stop weight training
BIG WORM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #32
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP


He does not have problems making weight, and he'll get destroyed even worse by bigger men.
Boxing history proves when boxers move up in weight they have better punch resistance

Khan could end up getting killed if he stays at lightweight,even 3 years ago when Khan got floored by Watson he was drained

17 year olds are not fully grown men,Khan is still fighting at the same weight that he was at 17,thats killing him IMO


Khan is still at the same weight he was at 17,sure he makes weight but it is no picnic,dont kid yourself
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #33
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Boxing history proves when boxers move up in weight they have better punch resistance

Khan could end up getting killed if he stays at lightweight,even 3 years ago when Khan got floored by Watson he was drained

17 year olds are not fully grown men,Khan is still fighting at the same weight that he was at 17,thats killing him IMO


Khan is still at the same weight he was at 17,sure he makes weight but it is no picnic,dont kid yourself
Rubbish. There is no rule that says if you move up in weight you are going to have better punch resistance. In extreme cases such as Cotto who looked like a zombie at 140, yes. Khan does not have any more trouble than any other fighter today, they all drain to fight at the lowest weight they can so as to have a physical advantage after re hydration.

Besides, the fact bigger men actually punch harder offsets a great deal of increased punch resistance if its even there.

You are looking for excuses where there aren't any. Khan will have the same china chin at 140 as he does at 135.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #34
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP

Rubbish.



sorry but it is a fact .........fighters have better punch resistance moving up in weight,thats cold hard reality
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #35
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
sorry but it is a fact .........fighters have better punch resistance moving up in weight,thats cold hard reality
Its not a fact.

It can happen, but there is no guarantee. If you think a guy that got wobbled by a jab at 135 is going to suddenly step up and be able to take 140lb punches because of supposed "increased punch resistance" you need to hit your head on the computer screen right now.

Amir Khan is beyond help anyway, his chin is starting from such a low point the whole idea is futile.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #36
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Its not a fact.

Amir Khan is beyond help anyway, his chin is starting from such a low point the whole idea is futile.
Time will tell

btw

You are not God IMO
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #37
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
khan himself in an interview says he only walks around at like 10st 3ibs.

so is he really struggling at the weight.

I wonder why Khans spends half his life in a sweat suit ?
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #38
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Time will tell

btw

You are not God IMO
It will prove me correct as well. I mean it doesn't exactly require a great deal of boxing acumen to figure out Amir Khan isn't going to have the chin to compete at 140. Delusional is what I'd call it.

Is Harrison going to become a world champion as well?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #39
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Behind The Boxing Club
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Khan should fight at whatever weight he is comfortbale at

but now his chin has been smashed every fighter at a higher level now is going to fancy the job
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #40
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
It will prove me correct as well. I mean it doesn't exactly require a great deal of boxing acumen to figure out Amir Khan isn't going to have the chin to compete at 140. Delusional is what I'd call it.

Is Harrison going to become a world champion as well?



You seem naive at the effects of weight draining,when you read boxing history and understand why many men have died in the ring,its weight draining,fighters take it to different levels

You cant spend your life in a sweat suit dry your brain out and think there are no effects
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #41
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Behind The Boxing Club
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Rubbish. There is no rule that says if you move up in weight you are going to have better punch resistance. In extreme cases such as Cotto who looked like a zombie at 140, yes. Khan does not have any more trouble than any other fighter today, they all drain to fight at the lowest weight they can so as to have a physical advantage after re hydration.

Besides, the fact bigger men actually punch harder offsets a great deal of increased punch resistance if its even there.

You are looking for excuses where there aren't any. Khan will have the same china chin at 140 as he does at 135.
This is true

But this is a rubbish rule of boxing

It makes weigh ins to a degree pointless

Haye had a full 36 odd hours to put weight back on and by the time the fight came around he was a heavyweight fighting a cruiserweight in Enzo

so whats the point of having a weight limit - if then you are allowed to break it before the fight

should weigh in the evening of a fight

if you cant make the weight comfortbaly enough on the day of the fight - you are not that true weight
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #42
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINT ISLAND
This is true

But this is a rubbish rule of boxing

It makes weigh ins to a degree pointless

Haye had a full 36 odd hours to put weight back on and by the time the fight came around he was a heavyweight fighting a cruiserweight in Enzo

so whats the point of having a weight limit - if then you are allowed to break it before the fight

should weigh in the evening of a fight

if you cant make the weight comfortbaly enough on the day of the fight - you are not that true weight

I agree with this post,maybe i am old school but this cheating the scales is being taken to far,they changed the weigh in rules to stop fighters getting killed in the ring from weight draining,now we have guys packing on 15 pounds after weigh in to fight time,its just plain wrong
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #43
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
You seem naive at the effects of weight draining,when you read boxing history and understand why many men have died in the ring,its weight draining,fighters take it to different levels

You cant spend your life in a sweat suit dry your brain out and think there are no effects
I'm quite aware of the effects. I've already told you Khan does not weight drain any more significantly than MANY fighters. Infact, from his walk around weight to fighting weight I'd say its perfectly normal and he looks perfectly fine at the weigh ins. Again, looking for excuses where there aren't any.

Nothing that would cause you to get knocked down by light punchers, and inexplicably wobbled by a jab. I'm sure 5lbs is really going to help him when he gets hit by those bigger men!
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #44
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP


Nothing that would cause you to get knocked down by light punchers, and inexplicably wobbled by a jab. !

classic weight draining
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #45
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
classic weight draining


Rather than just a poor chin?

Even if we ran with your bizarre theory that every single time a fighter moves up in weight his chin improves what is going to happen when he's punched by a respectable 140lb puncher instead of a former featherweight like Willie Limond? Shit, those 5lbs better add some cast iron into that chin its coming from such a low level.

And what about the amateurs when he was stick thin and had no problem at all with weight? What's your excuse for Watson making him do the chicken dance?

Have fun with this little idea, I'll be here to laugh at you when he moves up after getting starched again and using the weight excuse.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013