Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
BIG WORM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 6785
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

khan needs to stop weight training
BIG WORM is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #32
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP

He does not have problems making weight, and he'll get destroyed even worse by bigger men.
Boxing history proves when boxers move up in weight they have better punch resistance

Khan could end up getting killed if he stays at lightweight,even 3 years ago when Khan got floored by Watson he was drained

17 year olds are not fully grown men,Khan is still fighting at the same weight that he was at 17,thats killing him IMO

Khan is still at the same weight he was at 17,sure he makes weight but it is no picnic,dont kid yourself
The dipper is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #33
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Boxing history proves when boxers move up in weight they have better punch resistance

Khan could end up getting killed if he stays at lightweight,even 3 years ago when Khan got floored by Watson he was drained

17 year olds are not fully grown men,Khan is still fighting at the same weight that he was at 17,thats killing him IMO

Khan is still at the same weight he was at 17,sure he makes weight but it is no picnic,dont kid yourself
Rubbish. There is no rule that says if you move up in weight you are going to have better punch resistance. In extreme cases such as Cotto who looked like a zombie at 140, yes. Khan does not have any more trouble than any other fighter today, they all drain to fight at the lowest weight they can so as to have a physical advantage after re hydration.

Besides, the fact bigger men actually punch harder offsets a great deal of increased punch resistance if its even there.

You are looking for excuses where there aren't any. Khan will have the same china chin at 140 as he does at 135.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #34
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Rubbish.

sorry but it is a fact .........fighters have better punch resistance moving up in weight,thats cold hard reality
Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #35
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
sorry but it is a fact .........fighters have better punch resistance moving up in weight,thats cold hard reality
Its not a fact.

It can happen, but there is no guarantee. If you think a guy that got wobbled by a jab at 135 is going to suddenly step up and be able to take 140lb punches because of supposed "increased punch resistance" you need to hit your head on the computer screen right now.

Amir Khan is beyond help anyway, his chin is starting from such a low point the whole idea is futile.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #36
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Its not a fact.

Amir Khan is beyond help anyway, his chin is starting from such a low point the whole idea is futile.
Time will tell

btw

You are not God IMO
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #37
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
khan himself in an interview says he only walks around at like 10st 3ibs.

so is he really struggling at the weight.

I wonder why Khans spends half his life in a sweat suit ?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #38
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Time will tell

btw

You are not God IMO
It will prove me correct as well. I mean it doesn't exactly require a great deal of boxing acumen to figure out Amir Khan isn't going to have the chin to compete at 140. Delusional is what I'd call it.

Is Harrison going to become a world champion as well?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #39
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

Khan should fight at whatever weight he is comfortbale at

but now his chin has been smashed every fighter at a higher level now is going to fancy the job
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #40
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
It will prove me correct as well. I mean it doesn't exactly require a great deal of boxing acumen to figure out Amir Khan isn't going to have the chin to compete at 140. Delusional is what I'd call it.

Is Harrison going to become a world champion as well?

You seem naive at the effects of weight draining,when you read boxing history and understand why many men have died in the ring,its weight draining,fighters take it to different levels

You cant spend your life in a sweat suit dry your brain out and think there are no effects
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #41
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

Quote:
Rubbish. There is no rule that says if you move up in weight you are going to have better punch resistance. In extreme cases such as Cotto who looked like a zombie at 140, yes. Khan does not have any more trouble than any other fighter today, they all drain to fight at the lowest weight they can so as to have a physical advantage after re hydration.

Besides, the fact bigger men actually punch harder offsets a great deal of increased punch resistance if its even there.

You are looking for excuses where there aren't any. Khan will have the same china chin at 140 as he does at 135.
This is true

But this is a rubbish rule of boxing

It makes weigh ins to a degree pointless

Haye had a full 36 odd hours to put weight back on and by the time the fight came around he was a heavyweight fighting a cruiserweight in Enzo

so whats the point of having a weight limit - if then you are allowed to break it before the fight

should weigh in the evening of a fight

if you cant make the weight comfortbaly enough on the day of the fight - you are not that true weight
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #42
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINT ISLAND
This is true

But this is a rubbish rule of boxing

It makes weigh ins to a degree pointless

Haye had a full 36 odd hours to put weight back on and by the time the fight came around he was a heavyweight fighting a cruiserweight in Enzo

so whats the point of having a weight limit - if then you are allowed to break it before the fight

should weigh in the evening of a fight

if you cant make the weight comfortbaly enough on the day of the fight - you are not that true weight

I agree with this post,maybe i am old school but this cheating the scales is being taken to far,they changed the weigh in rules to stop fighters getting killed in the ring from weight draining,now we have guys packing on 15 pounds after weigh in to fight time,its just plain wrong
Old 09-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #43
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
You seem naive at the effects of weight draining,when you read boxing history and understand why many men have died in the ring,its weight draining,fighters take it to different levels

You cant spend your life in a sweat suit dry your brain out and think there are no effects
I'm quite aware of the effects. I've already told you Khan does not weight drain any more significantly than MANY fighters. Infact, from his walk around weight to fighting weight I'd say its perfectly normal and he looks perfectly fine at the weigh ins. Again, looking for excuses where there aren't any.

Nothing that would cause you to get knocked down by light punchers, and inexplicably wobbled by a jab. I'm sure 5lbs is really going to help him when he gets hit by those bigger men!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #44
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Nothing that would cause you to get knocked down by light punchers, and inexplicably wobbled by a jab. !

classic weight draining
Old 09-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #45
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
classic weight draining

Rather than just a poor chin?

Even if we ran with your bizarre theory that every single time a fighter moves up in weight his chin improves what is going to happen when he's punched by a respectable 140lb puncher instead of a former featherweight like Willie Limond? Shit, those 5lbs better add some cast iron into that chin its coming from such a low level.

And what about the amateurs when he was stick thin and had no problem at all with weight? What's your excuse for Watson making him do the chicken dance?

Have fun with this little idea, I'll be here to laugh at you when he moves up after getting starched again and using the weight excuse.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum